The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did they remove motifs from BGs?

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It has been at least 2 weeks since i've gotten a motif page from a bg. I'm missing the Stormlord helmet, and most of the ones from the Dragon Bones patch. Just today i did 6 bgs, won 5, and no motif. Today my pvp session was fairly short, but i've had days of 20 bgs done, 10+ wins, and nothing.
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when you learn a page, that page doesn't get removed from the rewards RNG, you just don't get any page at all if RNG gives you a duplicate.

So the more pages you learn, you'll get less and less pages over time as you roll duplicates that you don't actually get.

Yes, its a terrible system and we complained about when ZOS did it during the Random Dungeon Event, but it works to keep people playing lots of battlegrounds to get those last couple pages.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe OP just plays the wrong battleground type. The storm lord, fire drake and green goblin demon thing styles only drop from specific battleground types.

I once made the mistake to empty all rewards at the same time, without learning the different style pages in between...then I got one page twice...and had to destroy it sadly.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ought to be BoE, so you can sell the extras and buy ones up that you don't have m
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ought to be BoE, so you can sell the extras and buy ones up that you don't have m

Not those three motifs, which are only for outfits and not for actual crafting. They are immediately character bound, can not even be banked and are not tradeable
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Not those three motifs, which are only for outfits and not for actual crafting. They are immediately character bound, can not even be banked and are not tradeable

You misunderstood me, I am not saying that the way that they ARE is BoE, I am saying zos OUGHT to change them to BoE. Iam fully aware of the limitations that zos has put on them. I want them not to be like that. So I could actually get them, as I do not PvP and the dragon like one is super neat but I will never PvP just for a motif.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 14, 2018 11:18AM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    It has been at least 2 weeks since i've gotten a motif page from a bg. I'm missing the Stormlord helmet, and most of the ones from the Dragon Bones patch. Just today i did 6 bgs, won 5, and no motif. Today my pvp session was fairly short, but i've had days of 20 bgs done, 10+ wins, and nothing.

I mainly get them when it's my first game and I win

So not very often
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe OP just plays the wrong battleground type. The storm lord, fire drake and green goblin demon thing styles only drop from specific battleground types.

I once made the mistake to empty all rewards at the same time, without learning the different style pages in between...then I got one page twice...and had to destroy it sadly.

I been trying forever to get the fire drake boots are you telling me they only drop from land grab or flag games? Bc I only been doing deathmatch and have almost all of them. You have any confirmation on this? Or better yet you know what game I need to play to get these damn boots?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I been trying forever to get the fire drake boots are you telling me they only drop from land grab or flag games? Bc I only been doing deathmatch and have almost all of them. You have any confirmation on this? Or better yet you know what game I need to play to get these damn boots?
    @FloppyTouch
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430154/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-1-5-wolfhunter-update-19
    We've added new Outfit Styles to Battlegrounds! Now, when you complete a Battleground, you have a chance to obtain an Outfit Style for the Pit Demons, Storm Lords, and Fire Drakes' unique armor appearances.
    Pit Demons Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
    Storm Lords Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
    Fire Drakes Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
    The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
    Victors have a much higher chance to obtain an Outfit Style than do second-place finishers, and second-place finishers have a much better chance than do third-place finishers. However, even teams coming in dead last have a small chance to obtain an Outfit Style.
    The medals you obtain do not affect your chances at all - so you don't have to be fancy, just try to be victorious!
    Placing on the Leaderboards for Battlegrounds also has a very good chance to award an Outfit Style from each of the three teams' armor visuals.

On mobile forgive the formatting
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing daily BGs since MONTHS now on ALL my 15 characters and I am still missing THREE Fanged Worm/Horned Dragon chapters. Its been 4 days now without a single motif drop. The system is bs!
    Edited by Leeched on October 2, 2018 4:38PM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same.

They should totally be tradable.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS