The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Single Player Chests in Group Content

Smellyfed
Smellyfed
✭✭✭
I don't care for this mechanic - it causes in-group strife and destroys the cohesiveness required to get through some of these 4-man dungeons.

We all want loot and if one guy is taking it all because he knows where the chests are and others don't, that's a recipe for a group breaking up right about the time you make it to the final boss.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon my first dungeon play through, I also disliked how chests were player based. Let one player open it, but let everyone be able to loot it so that people aren't ditching the fight to get to the chests first.
  • Hackle
    Hackle
    The notion of "First Come, First Serve" comes to mind when I entered my first dungeon. Luckily I was with two friends, one of which had already done the dungeon and was helping me learn it, and we easily divided up the chests we came across with no problems. But having run the dungeon again, this time with a PUG, the attitude of 'let's share chests' wasn't shared and two people ran for the chests as soon as everyone else started fighting.

I honestly think the developers simply didn't write new code for the dungeon chests, instead reusing the coding already in place, because it might not have occurred to them that this could, potentially, be a problem.

The loot system also, before the recent patch, made it nearly impossible for a healer to get decent drops, or for someone not putting out enough damage to get something decent which, to me, is both a good idea and a flawed system; it's a good idea simply because it ensures that people who are doing the brunt of the work get the bigger loot purse, if you will, but also a highly flawed one because that shafts pure healers who generally, you know, just heal people during a dungeon run.

They adjusted the dungeons once so there's a possibility they could/would adjust them again to balance out the chests. Personally, I'm hoping for a patch that makes in-dungeon chests a group loot instead of a 'whoever got the chest first' one.

We'll just have to wait and see!
    amat victoria curam
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't do any dungeons yet, but it happened in the open world a few times that I unlocked a chest and a mob attacked me, so I fought it and some random guy "stole" the loot of the chest even thought I "tagged and pick locked it"

On the other hand, I had a guy who broke the lock looked inside and saw me standing there, offering me the loot inside as it was heavy armor and he had cloth.

Its a double edged sword like so much in life.
  • superfluke
    superfluke
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like how the current system impedes momentum and group progress inside. You can take the time to figure out how chests will be handled before you start the run, but you still have to stand around for all the opening and linking.

Maybe place fewer chests with more in each one, and a group loot or a bidding system to protect against teenage ninjas and their turtles.
    Do you even backstory, bro?
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    At work, so I can't test it...but is there a /random in the game that allows for a dice roll?
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    If there is one thing I dismike, it's this.
    Come on, share the loot automatically please.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @LIQUID741‌ unfortunately no there isn't. I was in an unsuccesful FG run with a PUG. This group happened to be pretty nice,only had one guy that was jacking every other chest for himself, but the other two members would announce the loot and ask if anyone needed it.
    We attempted to find a /random /roll 0 100 or some sort of command for a roll but nothing seems to be setup for that.
    I would like to see the Dungeon chest system changed as well. Keep it how it is in the Overworld though
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you just communicate and take turns. Seems to work well for all groups I've been in. IF you don't have lock picks your omitted.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501