Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Istirus Outpost (New Map!) - Feedback and Discussion

Grimlok_S
Grimlok_S
✭✭✭✭✭
I've only gotten the map twice since it came out and haven't had a great deal of time to explore it. What I've seen so far is pretty cool!

I was pretty stoked to see the resource tower on the south east side. It didn't get a lot of use in a capture the relic match but was an absolute blast to play chaosball in.

I'm on the fence about the mounting mechanics.

What have you seen so far? Favourite spot? Funny moments?
Light Attack Hero

Class context
Stamplar
StamDK
Stamsorc
MagDK
StamMAGStamden
Magplar
Stam NB
Bomb NB
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    The map is attractive.

Odd to see non combat pets in a BG.

As for mounting, useful in the beginning. Somewhat useful for getting around but much of the time you are in combat and can not mount.

Offers more opportunities to LOS.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    Odd to see non combat pets in a BG.

I noticed that too!

Was that announced as a feature? Else I'm guessing that's a bug. I noticed some huge lagspiking near multiple players with pets.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only played it once. Heres my feedback:
    - middle of map appears to not let you climb up walls? Would be cool to get another map in the future where its like a series of cyro keeps connected.
    - tower locations are nice and in the corners.
    - various elevation changes also nice. promotes map reading and team coordination on where to bring your team.
    - as maps get bigger, spawn points are therefore too far apart. would be cool to introduce a randomized spawn across the entire map that forces teams to reposition close to teammates.

Overall, I feel its the best map since the IC style map.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the new map, possibly my new favorite... it is a bit like having a BG in Cyrodiil, with Cyrodiil-like structures (like the semi-demolished tower on the side), overall a really nice layout and the option of mounting is good. Being able to bring your non-combat pet is ofc not very important but a fun touch :)
    Edited by MipMip on August 16, 2018 1:24PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been in only 2x and find it odd so far! Looking forward to giving it some more time!
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played Crazy King on it yet, but I really hope there are flags in that resource tower, and other structures on the perimeter. Those are very cool features.

I’d really like to see this map in a free-for-all mode, or some kind of game mode that encourages using all the spots in the map, cuz im concerned the action might be confined to the main ring and center structure.
    PCNA

• xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    I haven’t played Crazy King on it yet, but I really hope there are flags in that resource tower, and other structures on the perimeter. Those are very cool features.

I’d really like to see this map in a free-for-all mode, or some kind of game mode that encourages using all the spots in the map, cuz im concerned the action might be confined to the main ring and center structure.

There is definitely a flag in the resource tower and around the outskirts of the map. I love playing Crazy King in this new battleground.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only played DM on it, loving the map. But its not that large, the mounting stuff is too gimmicky imo and not really necesssary.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the map. Only a minor critique are the gates on the upper level of the arena, they hinder me from following a fight outside, downstairs.

I hope that we will get even larger maps where we can mount up (remembering Alterac Valley and Arathi Basin :smiley: )
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    The map is awful for chaosball, since you can go in the water and be completely immune to physical dps (since they're swimming and can't attack). Plus, there are even spots you can stand out of water yet everyone else is forced to swim.
    Edited by DarkJester1 on August 27, 2018 12:25AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    I hope that we will get even larger maps where we can mount up (remembering Alterac Valley and Arathi Basin :smiley: )

Yes, even larger maps for bigger teams would be a nice addition
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    In most game types all of the fighting is happening near the spawns. RIP
    PCNA

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was a lot of fun for Crazy King as it utilizes a lot of the map.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    In most game types all of the fighting is happening near the spawns. RIP

Noticed this a bit, myself.
    In one particular deathmatch my team (A), planted ourselves between teams B and C, ping-ponging halfway between each of their spawns.

CTF naturally features a lot of defence at spawn.

I still think chaosball is the best mode on the map. Tower fights!

I don't love the mounting mechanic. Times it could be useful, like chasing down a relic carrier, you're likely flagged in combat anyway.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great addition. I've really been liking it. Plays different than some of the other maps
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see sigil re-added to deathmatch on this map. And maybe always spawn in the middle. Besides getting lucky at the start, none of the fighting happens in that sweet arena. Trying to hold that center area for a sigil would be a great objective that I think plays into deathmatch. I may start a new thread for this idea.
    Edited by del9 on September 12, 2018 8:24PM
    PCNA

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This map makes me wonder why exactly we can’t mount up in combat
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    This map would be completely awesome in a 8v8v8 Battleground
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+