The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Walls and doors too squishy now!

ellahellabella
ellahellabella
✭✭✭✭✭
We've gone from hard to easy mode once again with seiging. There's got to be a middle ground here surely!
Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
Vanguard
Outcasts
Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
Ebonheart Pact
Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console, we still have 725K HP walls and front doors that take no damage from siege. Wish we had your patch...
    PS4NA
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    On console, we still have 725K HP walls and front doors that take no damage from siege. Wish we had your patch...

Oh absolutely that is beyond ridiculous but now... It's like going from hard mode straight to easy mode. With the lm gone on shor this evening, we had the door down in 1 rams life. Oil showers and 1 seige shield.
    Just a little too easy now.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    Way too easy.. Plus.. With the addition of the patch change.. Mine capture making walls weaker and lumber capture making doors weaker.. how does this effect these numbers? This change is now negated?
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the "easy mode" is the middle ground. It's just about exactly where it needs to be. There's the ability to draw off a smaller fight by flagging a keep without there being time for the whole faction to show up.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the word 'middle' is in the zenimax dictionary. Everything is always too much or too little. Siege duration, siege damage, destro ult, healing vs defile, powercreep from damage etc.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    No, the "easy mode" is the middle ground. It's just about exactly where it needs to be. There's the ability to draw off a smaller fight by flagging a keep without there being time for the whole faction to show up.

A zerg will always show up if a back keep gets flagged.
    A small strike team can flag a keep faster now yes but so can a raid of 24 (and probably flip it before a single defender arrives despite them riding to it the second it lit up.)
    We're about to get a lot of back keep pvdooring on pc that's for sure.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked what it was. It encouraged PvP by allowing people to respond and get there to defend once something lit up. I thought that unintended feature was one of the best features in Cyrodiil in a long time.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, no more pvdoor anymore I'm loving it (console player)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A small strike team can flag a keep faster now yes but so can a raid of 24 (and probably flip it before a single defender arrives despite them riding to it the second it lit up.)

@ellahellabella

There was a noticeable difference between the level of zerging before the wall HP bug and during the wall HP bug, though. Part of that reason is because you could PvDoor back keeps. That's not a bad thing, it helps split the faction. And i don't mean theoretically, I mean that historically it has served to do that. You'd still get zergs but not on EVERY fight on the map, and that's because of the difference in response time. You know have at least some hope of finishing a particular fight before the rest of the faction shows up, and that applies all the way around. I'm not pulling an "every factions zergs except mine" kind of argument.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ellahellabella

There was a noticeable difference between the level of zerging before the wall HP bug and during the wall HP bug, though. Part of that reason is because you could PvDoor back keeps. That's not a bad thing, it helps split the faction. And i don't mean theoretically, I mean that historically it has served to do that. You'd still get zergs but not on EVERY fight on the map, and that's because of the difference in response time. You know have at least some hope of finishing a particular fight before the rest of the faction shows up, and that applies all the way around. I'm not pulling an "every factions zergs except mine" kind of argument.

Yes the stacking was much worse while walls and doors were high hp which made battles the worst with performance, I totally agree. I was tired of crashing and not been able to get back in again.

My argument now it that it is just too easy. To take down a door with a ram on ballista set up with 1 seige shield and being coated with oils yet still taking out the door in that short time frame....

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Community: Wall HP is out of control! Please fix!
    ZOS: <puts wall HP back where it was>
    PvP Community: Wall HP is too low! Please fix!

This is ESO in a nutshell.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who like to flip keeps want it squishy. People who like siege combat and conflict at keeps want keeps a little more sturdy is my take on it.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that maybe 750khp walls/doors was a bit over-the-top but TBH it allowed for the steady build-up of a big ass keep fight and significantly reduced the PVDooring. Some sieges lasted 2+ hours like in the PVP glory days.

Bring back please.
    Edited by usmcjdking on September 12, 2018 2:30PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I thought that maybe 750khp walls/doors was a bit over-the-top but TBH it allowed for the steady build-up of a big ass keep fight and significantly reduced the PVDooring. Some sieges lasted 2+ hours like in the PVP glory days.

Bring back please.

They can bring those back when the servers can reliably handle it. Until then I don't want to have to play the responsible party and try to split off to a different keep, only for the entire enemy faction to show up there anyway because the siege lasts so long.

And incidentally we didn't need high keep HP to do that back in the day, we could get long fights just by people continuously showing up and not wiping definitively.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit