Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting gold fast?

Reistr_the_Unbroken
Reistr_the_Unbroken
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m going to save up to get the Scamp and the Soul-Shriven skin Incase Molag Bal never drops it. Anyone have any tips for saving up or getting gold fast? Is stealing items and selling them a good way to get some coin? I know banking gold is a way but I have 4,000 something in there.

In the meantime while I save up I’m going to pray to Molag that I hopefully get it.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing is pretty good, I usually only take green or better
    & Get the first point in Trafficker, after that its not really worth it.

Also! all the jobs from the Thieves Guild Tip Board give Pardon Edicts...
    which really come in handy after you have to run from the Guards!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Stealing is pretty good, I usually only take green or better
    & Get the first point in Trafficker, after that its not really worth it.

Also! all the jobs from the Thieves Guild Tip Board give Pardon Edicts...
    which really come in handy after you have to run from the Guards!

Thanks, this is pretty helpful! After I do more of the IC event to try and get the skin and pet I’m going back to do more thieving, I’m still lvl 2 in the thieves guild skill line.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling raw materials will do it for you, as will doing your daily crafting writs.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of ways to make gold fast, from farming, to hunting for good set gear, to crafting good set gear, to stealing, to playing the market. Everyone has a method that works best for them.

So, I like to farm. Like, a lot. Its very relaxing for me. So I farm for my gold.

I made my fortune, and currently sell about 100k a day, by farming and selling raw mats and potion reagents in my guild stores.

Theres a couple tricks to making this work.
    A. Know your farming route. I have several farming routes in different zones that I have memorized. Some give more of certain raw mats. Some have more chests with a chance to drop good gear. Craglorn has nirncrux.
    B. Have the time to farm. I'm not making one loop of Craglorn and making 100k. If you have less time to farm, just revise your expectations accordingly.
    C. Have a big inventory or the Crafting Bag. I don't subscribe, but I do have a maxed inventory so I never have to cherry pick nodes or chests, which is rude.
    D. Wear farming gear. There are other speed sets, but I farm on a stam character with Darkstride and Cowards Gear.

Hope that helps!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just stand on the corner in Grahtwood with a sign that states I'm broke and need gold. Every now and then someone tosses a pie at me so free eats also.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually just stand on the corner in Grahtwood with a sign that states I'm broke and need gold. Every now and then someone tosses a pie at me so free eats also.

I’d give a pie but I’m all out ;-;

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy doing a trio of daily quests - Fighters Guild, Mages Guild and Undaunted Delve. Once you know the dungeons and dolmen, they can be done quite quickly and easily. I net about 7K per each trio.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy doing a trio of daily quests - Fighters Guild, Mages Guild and Undaunted Delve. Once you know the dungeons and dolmen, they can be done quite quickly and easily. I net about 7K per each trio.

Oooh, that sounds good, I’ve been needing to join the mages guild anyways
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I’ve been stealing stuff and doing DB quests seems to help. I’ve been going after green/blue items (or trying to) since they sell more.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I’ve been stealing stuff and doing DB quests seems to help. I’ve been going after green/blue items (or trying to) since they sell more.

That's a pretty good method. If I want green items, I find that looting areas with lots of containers is a good way. Orsinium, the Daggerfall dock ships, and most castles are a pretty good place to look.

If I want blue items, I do the good old pickpocket-pickpocket-blade of woe method on NPCs. Theres a better chance that the 3rd item is blue. If your pickpocket isn't up that high, I believe you can pickpocket them once, wait for someone else to murder the NPC, and then get the other items. That works well in more crowded areas. I like the Vulkhel Guard temple area for pick-pick-stab with a quick access to the outlaws refuge. Hews Bane also has a good loop that lets me loot the guilds and shops as well.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    @Reistr_the_Unbroken

All of these responses are good and as they suggest pretty much everything you do in ESO is going to help you get gold in one way or another. Personally, I don't think you need to try and maximize the best gold making method to earn xK per hour. Just play all of the content you want when you want and you'll end up with a combination of skills, armor sets, raw mats/ AP...that will all make you plenty of money. Getting to 100-500k is really not that much and you'll be surprised how quick you're making money.

Now the hard part, at least a huge problem for me, was finding ways to sell everything. Trading guilds often require paying fees every week which I think is annoying since im on and off from week to week, and when you do find free ones things won't sell that quickly and you only get 30 slots per trader. Download the BAND app and join some ESO pages - there's a ton of trading, auction, and general ESO ones and this has been helping me buy and sell stuff for better prices and quicker then traders. Final point, getting valuable *** is reallly easy selling it is your only barrier to making millions.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »
    @Reistr_the_Unbroken

All of these responses are good and as they suggest pretty much everything you do in ESO is going to help you get gold in one way or another. Personally, I don't think you need to try and maximize the best gold making method to earn xK per hour. Just play all of the content you want when you want and you'll end up with a combination of skills, armor sets, raw mats/ AP...that will all make you plenty of money. Getting to 100-500k is really not that much and you'll be surprised how quick you're making money.

Now the hard part, at least a huge problem for me, was finding ways to sell everything. Trading guilds often require paying fees every week which I think is annoying since im on and off from week to week, and when you do find free ones things won't sell that quickly and you only get 30 slots per trader. Download the BAND app and join some ESO pages - there's a ton of trading, auction, and general ESO ones and this has been helping me buy and sell stuff for better prices and quicker then traders. Final point, getting valuable *** is reallly easy selling it is your only barrier to making millions.

I’m trying to save up to get the Soul-Shriven skin that people sell in guild traders and it’s definitely hard trying to find one. But someday saving up will be worth it.