The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't stand this anymore

blistb16_ESO
blistb16_ESO
✭✭✭
3 characters with the deserter penality at the same time, because of bugged instances. This is terrible.
Stop penalizing people when leaving a bg that didn't even start because of your @#@#@# bugs.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i keep getting into Bgs with only One other person and we both have to leave as no other players show up after 10+ minutes after we get in, then have to wait 20+ minutes to try again, its ridiculous.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You also get the deserter penalty if you queue for a pledge, get ported to the final boss and leave the group because you want to do the entire dungeon.

The deserter penalty makes no sense if its applied without looking at the circumstances. I can understand its hard to detect bugs so its probably best if the penalty completely disappears.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You also get the deserter penalty if you queue for a pledge, get ported to the final boss and leave the group because you want to do the entire dungeon.

The deserter penalty makes no sense if its applied without looking at the circumstances. I can understand its hard to detect bugs so its probably best if the penalty completely disappears.

For bugs that cause the match to not start, the easiest way is to simply not have the penalty apply until the match actually starts. Might be ripe for "griefing" by queuing then immediately leaving if the group composition isn't to your liking, but that downside is well worth not receiving a 20 minute penalty because the queue decided to bug out.

For bugs that cause crashing, Zenimax could tie crash reports loosely to the penalty, such that if you crash while in a Battleground instance, you can submit the crash report and the penalty on that character will be cleared. I'm fairly certain that the instance and character are included in the report, if so Zenimax can do this.

For other bugs, honestly not sure. They could come up with a "leave state", which basically tells the game roughly how the player left the match. The state could default to, say, 0, which basically means "we're not sure how the player left the match". If the player leaves of their own volition, they could leave with a state of 1, which means "the player manually left the match". Other states could be added, if Zenimax can work out if a player left in that specific way. The penalty could then be adjusted based on the state. A state of 0 (default, unknown) might not issue a penalty, or at the least issue a fairly short penalty, say, 5 minutes. A state of 1 (leaving of their own volition) could issue the current penalty. You get the idea.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

For bugs that cause the match to not start, the easiest way is to simply not have the penalty apply until the match actually starts. Might be ripe for "griefing" by queuing then immediately leaving if the group composition isn't to your liking, but that downside is well worth not receiving a 20 minute penalty because the queue decided to bug out.

For bugs that cause crashing, Zenimax could tie crash reports loosely to the penalty, such that if you crash while in a Battleground instance, you can submit the crash report and the penalty on that character will be cleared. I'm fairly certain that the instance and character are included in the report, if so Zenimax can do this.

For other bugs, honestly not sure. They could come up with a "leave state", which basically tells the game roughly how the player left the match. The state could default to, say, 0, which basically means "we're not sure how the player left the match". If the player leaves of their own volition, they could leave with a state of 1, which means "the player manually left the match". Other states could be added, if Zenimax can work out if a player left in that specific way. The penalty could then be adjusted based on the state. A state of 0 (default, unknown) might not issue a penalty, or at the least issue a fairly short penalty, say, 5 minutes. A state of 1 (leaving of their own volition) could issue the current penalty. You get the idea.

The problem for pve is that the ground finder only looks at what a group needs. Ive ported in groups with incompetent players so many times I just dont queue on my tank anymore. On a DD you can pretty much carry the group in most vet dungeons but on a tank its impossible. On my DDs I have the problem that the queue usually takes long and I often get ported in half finished dungeons where a DD left or was kicked.

I dont understand why there's not a checkbox for starting a dungeon from the beginning. For pledges its really annoying not to start from the beginning. The only case where it doesnt matter how far the dungeon has progressed is when you're farming the monster mask or other dungeon sets.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    yes yesterday while queuing I was doing delves, I see the BG ready, accept, and I made the TERRIBLe mistake to actually zone out of the delve (generally you have still lot of time while all the player accept and forming group)....then I see the loading screen of the zone (Auridon) then the loading screen of the BG, then again Auridon...and finally I end up in Auridon with the deserter penality with even not stepping into the BG!!!