The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Potent Nirncrux

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just my imagination, or has it become harder to gather Potent Nirncrux? I think that I'm getting Fortified as often as before, but the jewelry mats seem to have displaced Potent.

Of course, it could just be the usual RNG bias against anything I actually need.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its still a 1 in 200 chance to get nirncrux, with 1 in 4 of those being potent nirncrux.

I'm still finding enough recently, with about that ratio.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 6, 2018 8:56PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may just be that my sample size is inevitably small, so getting 10 fortified since my last Potent really doesn't mean much. I'll probably play tonight and find three.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I inevitably get 2-3 nirn mats within 30min of farming craglorn and then nothing else that day. I now go there, collect my daily nirn in 30min, and then farm in Betnikh.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Is it just my imagination, or has it become harder to gather Potent Nirncrux? I think that I'm getting Fortified as often as before, but the jewelry mats seem to have displaced Potent.

Of course, it could just be the usual RNG bias against anything I actually need.

it was already too rare as it is. Maybe it's more rare now... who knows? But there should be a chance to far crux all over Tamriel, even if a really really low one.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

it was already too rare as it is. Maybe it's more rare now... who knows? But there should be a chance to far crux all over Tamriel, even if a really really low one.

Nah, if you want a low chance for something good in the base game zones, you've got Aetherial Dust. Which can't be farmed in Craglorn, because its already got nirncrux.

Just farm Craglorn consistently. Sometimes I get one at the end of a farming loop. Sometimes I get one in Belkarth. If I farm Craglorn regularly, its not that hard to get potent nirncrux.