Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Useless display cases

prof-dracko
prof-dracko
✭✭✭✭✭
I really wanted some of the Summerset display cases and was going to buy them through the crown store because blueprints are still stupidly expensive to buy and craft, but going through the preview rooms I can't help notice how absolutely useless they are at actually displaying things. The glass is so clouded that you can't even see what's inside them. I bought on pre-made from a trader and I can only see through it if I put a light source inside, which completely kills the point.
ZOS, you got it right with the Craglorn case, how did you mess it up so bad here with a thing people have wanted since housing was a thing. You could make them so much more desirable by just making them slightly more transparent.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    different cases work better than others; the square display cases seem to glare less than the slanted one you get from the achievement vendor. additionally, you can experiment with light sources outside of the case, and shade if outdoors, to help with the issue. If you're lucky, you might be able to tweak your room layout so that the intended viewing position doesn't glare.

it is disappointing, yeah.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't even gotten any display cases because I don't think there's that many things I wold consider using them for. Aside from a couple achievement furnishings like the Reliquary Skull. It actually makes me wish some of the treasures you can find while stealing stuff could be used a furnishings. There's quite a few of those I'd love to put in my home and be like "Look at all of my glorious loot!'
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 3, 2018 12:12AM
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't even gotten any display cases because I don't think there's that many things I wold consider using them for. Aside from a couple achievement furnishings like the Reliquary Skull. It actually makes me wish some of the treasures you can find while stealing stuff could be used a furnishings. There's quite a few of those I'd love to put in my home and be like "Look at all of my glorious loot!'

You mean "look at this opaque sheet of glass, behind which might be my glorious loot if you get it at just the right angle."
    My housing goal is to build a proper museum of Tamriel culture, so I was really excited when the Display Cases were announced.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're not useless, at all.......... :D

v73HIck.jpg
    Edited by Hippie4927 on September 3, 2018 4:31AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been having issues with sunlight and my display cases...the glare makes it impossible to see into the case sometimes.

Other times they are just like the screenshot above - perfectly lit and visible!
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless you say?

UgQSjNC.jpg
    GNXoEAA.jpg
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only see through them if the lighting is perfect or you shove s light directly into it. In that fishtank picture (which is great btw) the corners are still clouded. I'm not saying you can't do creative things with them, but to use them in their designed function you need to either waste another furnishing slot making sure it has enough light to be visible or shove an actual light source in there.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    GNXoEAA.jpg

Man, this terrarium with giant spider inside looks awesome :o .
    Just needs more spiders inside ;).

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."