Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Massive storage problem with Explorer's Pack

Censorious
Censorious
✭✭✭✭
If you open the Explorer's Pack, you get a set of treasure maps. One set for each alliance.
These sets take up space so obviously you want to put them in your bank.

However, you can't store the sets in the bank, you have to open them. Once you've opened them you can put the individual maps in the bank but that uses up most of your bank slots.

So you have a choice, walk around with a few character slots permanently filled or fill up half your bank. Unless, like me you didn't know this would happen until it was too late.
Now I have next to no bank space left.
'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Vhalkyrie
    Vhalkyrie
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I ended up making an extra character so it doesn't take up the important bank space. I didn't want to make a 'mule', but it was the best option in this case.
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are all on a mule character, too. It seemed the only way to deal with them.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this is an issue. You can store these items in the bank; and you can always buy more character slots/bank slots.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    They've been annoying me greatly because of the bank space they have taken up. Looks like when I get off work today I'm going to do what others have done, create another character to use later and just keep all the extra stuff in his inventory until I need it.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    The mule character is the best work-around at this point. Make sure you use /feedback in-game to provide feedback on this issue.

I think it would be really nice if ZOS made some kind of special container for maps. Something like an Atlas that takes up no more than one inventory space and can store up to X number of maps. This would allow us to consolidate the inventory space more appropriately.

• Kalaster
    Kalaster
    I never got my explorers pack >.>
  • Gholem
    Gholem
    Soul Shriven
    I think the treasure maps should be placed in our Journal once we have clicked on them, like Lore books. If we want to view them again to search for the treasure we go to the Journal. To track treasure that has been found already, just have the name of the map go from gray to white, or add a little completed section to the Journal's treasure maps.

Whatcha think eh?
  • Lywen
    Lywen
    The journal entry seems like a good idea for them. A way to keep track without the inventory hassle.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    Hmm I like that, do them like skyshards, have a map book
  • CodingSquirrel
    I did like the others in here have said. With 20-something maps to take up space in my bank I ended up resorting to using a mule character to keep them all. Now if I get to a new zone I can log over and move over the corresponding map that I need.

I've also resorting to doing the same for a lot of my mats. There are so many mats, especially when you consider the food recipes and the runes for enchanting it fills your bank fast. So now I've got two mules, one with my runes and maps, the other with my less commonly used mats. I feel like there should be a better way for both of these.
    Gholem wrote: »
    I think the treasure maps should be placed in our Journal once we have clicked on them, like Lore books. If we want to view them again to search for the treasure we go to the Journal. To track treasure that has been found already, just have the name of the map go from gray to white, or add a little completed section to the Journal's treasure maps.

Whatcha think eh?

Not a bad idea. I think that could work well. Although, since this is just a preorder bonus, I don't see them making such a relatively large change just for that.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    The hope is that there are other ways to get maps in game though so it might be something to find, save, collect and use so a book would be nice
  • Bane766
    Bane766
    Soul Shriven
    Kalaster wrote: »

I haven't gotten mine either. I know it's loaded as I can be any race with any Alliance. How are you people getting them? In the mail?
  • Autumnraven
    Autumnraven
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if there could be a 'Treasure Maps' section added to the Lore Library, then all the maps could automatically be saved in there for use whenever needed.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only 4 slots for the containers. My main char carries them around and i take out treasure maps one by one when i need them.

Really not *that* big of a deal ...
    :)
  • CodingSquirrel
    SirAndy wrote: »
    It's only 4 slots for the containers. My main char carries them around and i take out treasure maps one by one when i need them.

Really not *that* big of a deal ...

4 slots...until you hit "take all" and suddenly have 20-something. And there isn't really any reason not to allow you to store the containers in the bank
    Edited by CodingSquirrel on April 4, 2014 5:48PM
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    I learned from this thread not to use TAKE ALL. Glad I read it, I'm installing as I type this.
  • bbadeau
    bbadeau
    This is great information! Thanks for the heads up

I haven't checked for mine yet but will create a mule to carry them when I get them.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 slots...until you hit "take all" and suddenly have 20-something.
    Then don't hit "take all". Just take them one by one when you need them ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    rolleyes.gif

can you preview the maps without taking it out and or preview them to know which to take out? Or, do you have to take it out to know if it's one your going to need or want?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're named by zone and for each zone there are only one or two. So, if you're in Bleakrock, only take the one named 'Bleakrock' and leave the others in the container.
  • Kalaster
    Kalaster
    Bane766 wrote: »
    Kalaster wrote: »

I haven't gotten mine either. I know it's loaded as I can be any race with any Alliance. How are you people getting them? In the mail?

same here. My friend got his explore's pack via in-game mail, but i have yet to receive mine... Well actually i did receive a Digital items letter, but it only had the mud crab attached...
  • CodingSquirrel
    rolleyes.gif

If you know how to put that genie back in its bottle, by all means share.
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't opened them yet and probably won't for awhile. Thanks for the heads up.
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Too late for me, I got a little bent over having the maps take up so much space I deleted them all, Dumb move I know but at the time it felt really good haha.

Yeah I should have made a mule.
  • Gholem
    Gholem
    Soul Shriven
    If you have auto loot turned on you won't get the option "Take All" or take only the one you have selected. Auto loot will unpack all the maps from that Alliances' map pack auto-magically...