Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Daggerfall Covenant vs Aldmeri Dominion

Afropenguinn
So I am really trying to decide between these two factions. I always played Oblivion as a loyal imperial soldier, and Skyrim as the wandering adventurer. Always been the "Good guy" in these games. I want to play a spellsword (most likely redgaurd) who is seeking knowledge, power, and justice. Anyone have any suggestions of which one I would like more and why, or even some lore behind each?
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall, because it has the Alik'r Desert ;)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather liked the Aldmeri starter island, it's way more colorful than Hammerfell...
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    Make character to both and choose then which one is better.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Frosthawk wrote: »
    Make character to both and choose then which one is better.

Wise advice :)

Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • MinorDetail
    True, make characters on both alliances. But keep in mind that both alliance have their own personal goal, Daggerfall wants peace, tranquility and democracy. While the Aldemeri want to gain power more than anything, they see themselves as the rightfull ruler cause everyone else is inferior.

But still it is up to you which alliance you like best. ^.^
  • Severia
    Severia
    ✭✭
    True, make characters on both alliances. But keep in mind that both alliance have their own personal goal, Daggerfall wants peace, tranquility and democracy. While the Aldemeri want to gain power more than anything, they see themselves as the rightfull ruler cause everyone else is inferior.

Do I detect some bias in that response? Lol

I also prefer the Daggerfall covenant, but I think there are good and bad in both the Covenant and the Dominion.

The Ebonheart Pact is total evil though...
    Edited by Severia on April 3, 2014 10:34AM
  • Afropenguinn
    Well I do have characters in both just to test the waters, but I only want one character to main :) I mean I like that the AD are after power, my character wants power, and he values the same things they do, however he sees all races as equal.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Dominion, because they have cookies.
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭

How interesting, while I haven't gotten vary far, obviously, my experience has been that as an Aldmeri I'm fighting on behalf of a more inclusive political entity against those who want to re-impose a rule based on a belief in racial superiority, while in the Covenant I'm working with thieves, and pirates who are angry about being asked not to prey on their own faction anymore.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭

The Aldemeri Dominion also have a hot young Queen that likes you. Why would you fight for any other alliance when you have a friend like that? Think of the benefits!

• Afropenguinn
    Well what types of quests do the two have? The overall story?