Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Culanda Lacquer

Vorkrunne
Vorkrunne
✭✭✭
I've amassed several furniture recipes since purchasing Summerset, but I have yet to see a single Culanda Lacquer drop.

What am I doing wrong? Where do these come from? I have so many recipes, but I can't craft anything.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They drop from doing the daily quests in Summerset. Quest givers are in Alinor between the bank and the crafting area.
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    They drop from doing the daily quests in Summerset. Quest givers are in Alinor between the bank and the crafting area.

Thank you!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 daylies in Alinor, 1 for a delve, 1 where you have to kill a world boss and another one where you have to do 3 geysirs. The geysir one is overlooked by many people. The quest giver is not there for one of my toons so i assume you have to do the story quest to a certain point to make her appear - not sure tho when seh appears
    If you stand in front of the crafting area turn left and go up the stairs, she will stand there...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a side quest that you need to do to unlock the geyser daily. You have to do the first 3 story quests to unlock it. It becomes available right after Buried Memories. Even those quests only give one piece at most. I did all 3 daily quests for exactly 30 days after Summerset dropped and only ended up with something like 55 Culanda Laquers. They may have buffed the drop to make it guaranteed but even like that it's quite slow. At least the Sapiarch motif drops quite regularly. Got most pages during those 30 days and lots of duplicates.

IMO Culanda should drops should be changed to bring it in line to how other zone specific materials drop, namely as fragments in harvest nodes throughout the zone, instead of quests.
    Edited by Asardes on August 31, 2018 9:51AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    There's a side quest that you need to do to unlock the geyser daily. You have to do the first 3 story quests to unlock it. It becomes available right after Buried Memories. Even those quests only give one piece at most. I did all 3 daily quests for exactly 30 days after Summerset dropped and only ended up with something like 55 Culanda Laquers. They may have buffed the drop to make it guaranteed but even like that it's quite slow. At least the Sapiarch motif drops quite regularly. Got most pages during those 30 days and lots of duplicates.

IMO Culanda should drops should be changed to bring it in line to how other zone specific materials drop, namely as fragments in harvest nodes throughout the zone, instead of quests.

The most effective thing is to group with 3-4 people and have one person pick up the dailies and share with the group. Everyone turns them in and the next person in line picks up his/her dailies and shares. There is bound to be some overlap where each person won't always get three new dailies, but at least you can run 10-12 dailies in a relatively short time doing it this way.

The benefits are two-fold. 1 - You already have a pre-made group of people to speedily clear the delve(s) and world bosses, and 2 - some people might not be into furniture crafting and will give you their Culanda lacquer for free or at a discount price.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

The most effective thing is to group with 3-4 people and have one person pick up the dailies and share with the group. Everyone turns them in and the next person in line picks up his/her dailies and shares. There is bound to be some overlap where each person won't always get three new dailies, but at least you can run 10-12 dailies in a relatively short time doing it this way.

The benefits are two-fold. 1 - You already have a pre-made group of people to speedily clear the delve(s) and world bosses, and 2 - some people might not be into furniture crafting and will give you their Culanda lacquer for free or at a discount price.

I don't have time to do dailes over multiple characters, or do them multiple times on the same character. It becomes tedious and really boring doing them on just one character each day for a few weeks. I don't know why they made it that grindy.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the last patch its getting "easier":
    You will now always obtain a Culanda Lacquer from completing daily quests for the Sapiarchs in Alinor.

Reduced the cost in Culanda Lacquer to make Summerset High Elven furnishings for Fine and Superior items from 2 to 1. Artifact and Legendary items still require 2 Culanda Lacquer.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Because Culanda Lacquer is the style mat used to craft the Sapiarch style, you can also obtain it by deconstructing Sapiarch style armor. So if you have at least 1 Sapiarch motif learned and have an abundance of Crown Mimic Stones, you could use them to craft Sapiarch gear pieces and then deconstruct them to obtain Culanda Lacquer.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have time to do dailes over multiple characters, or do them multiple times on the same character. It becomes tedious and really boring doing them on just one character each day for a few weeks. I don't know why they made it that grindy.

I think they made it grindy because they decided this time around to make the furniture plans more available. So, it's been easier to find the plans, but harder to make the furnishings. In MW, it was the other way around, where plans were virtually non-existent (at least most of the purples), but they were easy to make.

Of course, now, the best farming spot for the plans was nerfed, so the plans aren't as readily available, and Culanda Lacquer is easier to obtain and the green/blue plans only cost 1 Lacquer to make.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much this. Especially now that the "new" has worn off Summerset and not as many people are doing the WB dailies (at least not at the time I play) It's sometimes 20-30 minutes waiting between those and the geysers. At least it's a guaranteed drop now...small favors.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

So much this. Especially now that the "new" has worn off Summerset and not as many people are doing the WB dailies (at least not at the time I play) It's sometimes 20-30 minutes waiting between those and the geysers. At least it's a guaranteed drop now...small favors.

I mean I can solo most world bosses out there need be, maybe except the Gryphons which I can't do on all characters, but it's so damn tedious since they have high HP, jump around, shield; Keel Splitter is also often bugged and it can't be killed, just sits there and takes no damage. Also sometimes you have to wait for respawn, travel from place to place because the geyser is not active etc. On average it takes ~30-40 minutes to do all 3 dailies on a character; I did them for a month and ended up with maybe 50 culanda. For me that's simply too much. In 30 minutes I can do writs on 8/14 characters and earn 40K. I simply don't get it why they make you repeat initially interesting activities 100x until they become unbearably boring.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

I mean I can solo most world bosses out there need be, maybe except the Gryphons which I can't do on all characters, but it's so damn tedious since they have high HP, jump around, shield; Keel Splitter is also often bugged and it can't be killed, just sits there and takes no damage. Also sometimes you have to wait for respawn, travel from place to place because the geyser is not active etc. On average it takes ~30-40 minutes to do all 3 dailies on a character; I did them for a month and ended up with maybe 50 culanda. For me that's simply too much. In 30 minutes I can do writs on 8/14 characters and earn 40K. I simply don't get it why they make you repeat initially interesting activities 100x until they become unbearably boring.

I think this is why they were willing to make the Culanda drop guaranteed now. Most people aren't doing the content or at least not as frequently. I can't solo the WBs so I have to wait for other players, which means I'd rather be doing other content. Also, I'm guessing that Keelsplitter is now bugged on console like it is on PC.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I think they made it grindy because they decided this time around to make the furniture plans more available. So, it's been easier to find the plans, but harder to make the furnishings. In MW, it was the other way around, where plans were virtually non-existent (at least most of the purples), but they were easy to make.

Of course, now, the best farming spot for the plans was nerfed, so the plans aren't as readily available, and Culanda Lacquer is easier to obtain and the green/blue plans only cost 1 Lacquer to make.

Yes.