Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

get rid of this frame

TQSkull
TQSkull
✭✭✭✭
Hello there,
does anyone know how to remove this frame from the game?

80a04z2g6di2.png

In another thread somebody mentioned a UserSettings.txt modification to disable the frame, but a mod which replaces the texture with an invisible one should also work. Thank you for any help in advance, maybe there is a direct solution maybe you can give me a modding crash course so i can do it myself :P A simple texture replacement shouldn't be so hard.

Edited by TQSkull on September 7, 2018 12:05PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I'll bite... what the hell is that?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, english isn't my native language. Didn't know how to describe my problem better. The screenshot was taken while looking up in the sky, you hardly see the the frame (the slightly darker shading in the edges of the screenshot) otherwise. It is just the upper left corner of my screen, so you can see the frame better.
    I want to remove this from my UI if possible. Do you understand my problem?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you in windowed mode? Try switching to windowed mode and back again. Alt-Enter, then repeat.

I'm assuming it's that or you have a odd resolution setting?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He is talking about the dark border around the whole screen. It's kind of light, but you can see it in light areas. It's the same area that glows red when you are in combat looking at your inventory or in dialog.

I'm not sure it can be turned off.

-Edit to add- It's kind of like being told "You are now breathing manually"... It's something you forget about until someone mentions it, then you can't stop seeing it.
    Edited by Runs on September 7, 2018 12:35PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    He is talking about the dark border around the whole screen. It's kind of light, but you can see it in light areas. It's the same area that glows red when you are in combat looking at your inventory or in dialog.
    Border was the word i was looking for o.O Thanks.
    -Edit to add- It's kind of like being told "You are now breathing manually"... It's something you forget about until someone mentions it, then you can't stop seeing it.
    Sorry for that ;)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure it can be turned off.

I suspect it's built in by design to keep things from getting lost at monitor edges. It's from the game not making use of the full screen space.

Unless your screen is very small, or extremely large, I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

OP, you might try adjusting your Field of View in the graphics settings. Not sure if this would make it less intrusive or not.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 7, 2018 12:49PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not the "Vignette" frame is it? If so, you can switch it off in settings.
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    That's not the "Vignette" frame is it? If so, you can switch it off in settings.

Thanks, but i couldn't find a setting to turn it off. But vignette frame was the right keyword for google. At least i found others who also want to disable this vignette frame. Looks like you can do it with ReShade, but i can't get ReShade to work with the ESO Steam version.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I poked at it for a few minutes to see whether I could remove it with a simple addon (sort of like the boss health bar that covers the compass)

As far as I can tell, the "vignette" as it is called above is not directly accessible via the API. Even the UICombatOverlay object (the flashing red border in the menus) appears to be intentionally left out of the scope accessible to Addon developers.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Alright, I poked at it for a few minutes to see whether I could remove it with a simple addon (sort of like the boss health bar that covers the compass)

As far as I can tell, the "vignette" as it is called above is not directly accessible via the API. Even the UICombatOverlay object (the flashing red border in the menus) appears to be intentionally left out of the scope accessible to Addon developers.

Thanks for looking into this :)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TQSkull Hook64 can disable it. But it hasn't been updated for Wolfhunter yet.

https://www.gamemodi.net

The option in the settings.ini file is "enableBorderShadow" and it is set to false by default.
    Edited by danno8 on September 12, 2018 3:30AM