The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds Observations & Constructive Criticism

SeleneXIII
SeleneXIII
✭✭✭
Hi Zenimax,

I am a full time working person so I do not have much time to play the game, but when I have time, I love playing battlegrounds for the quick fast paced combat offering. However, as I kept playing them, I believe I have gotten to the MMR curse and every game now is the same...

Observations
Premade +750 group, dedicated healer
All STAMINA builds
Poisons
Bleeds
(I don't even count the Zaan etc procs as if the other issues don't stack on top of each other, I think they are bearable)

It is so bad, there is simply no place for a magicka character in battlegrounds right now besides being the healer maybe. Even then if you don't die in 2 seconds whether trying to stack shields&heals on top of each other or wear all heavy full resistance tank gear to survive couple seconds from all the poisons and bleeds. (please don't write L2P, i have one frost warden and one tanky magplar which can survive and kill people, but it simply isn't FUN with all the cheese going around)

I never write on forums but wanted to write this not to be one of many ranting/nerfing threads, rather to emphasize that your game should be FUN. That is the whole purpose we invest our time and money.

Suggestions
1. Please don't nerf anything but maybe work out delayed ticks/caps/restrictions on all of the poisons/bleeds/procs stacking so noone (even a bad skilled player) has to die in 2 seconds even with stacked shields&hots or fully heavily geared but it shouldn't cause people to become god mode either causing never ending fights. For example the sload delayed damage tick was a nice touch, it didn't cause the set to become obsolete but it didn't cause it to stay a problem too. That will give people back the fun they lost, attract casuals/noobs more and also create more engaging fights for everyone included, not just one side.

2. Please also bring back the magicka vs stamina diversity even a tiniest bit back to noCP. I am hoping intervening with 1 would contribute to this without the need to nerfing/buffing anything else.

3. And pretty please modify the MMR system at once since right now the system punishes both the casual and hardcore players as everyone else is screaming about. Even a fully random system would have created more optimal outcomes overall than creating pools of people being stuck to play with the same people over and over again forever. There should be example systems that other developers use, research, get advice from other colleagues and get feedback from your player base before implementing something.
  • d10is13
    d10is13
    There are 4 reasons stamina is so powerful. Fix these, and you bring back magicka users.

1) Dodge rolling is the single most effective way to avoid damage, you can do 2 dodge rolls as magicka, and a *** million as stamina
    2) You get CC'd every .5 seconds. You can break free a milliion times as stamina. You can breakfree twice as magicka.
    3) Lethal Arrow is way overpowered
    4) Steel Tornado is way overpowered