The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about item levels and potency runes

Roxxsmom
Roxxsmom
✭✭✭
I recently made a level 46 (ebon) cuirass (with and improved it up to "blue" level, then created a "blue" magicka glyph with a Pora potency rune (level 40-50) to enchant it. However, when I went to enchant, the the glyph doesn't show up as available to use on that item. I had to make and use a magicka glyph with Jaera (average) for potency instead.

I guess I don't get the distinction between the overlapping potency runes (ie Jaera works from level 35-45, and Pora from 40-50), especially since Pora doesn't seem to work for a level 46 item, so I had to go with potency runes that were "below" level 46.

What am I doing wrong?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I expect you crafted everything, especially if he glyph, on a different character make sure you have everything in your inventory. Also double check the levels. For both the gear and the range for a the glyph.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just replicated that and had no issue. Just wanted to check if there was a new bug.

The most common check noted above is that you have to have the glyph and the item in your bag, you can't enchant from the bank.

Also if you are looking at a chart that still has level ranges for glyphs, those are no longer valid.

All glyphs now only have a single minimum item level requirement. The glyph can only be applied to an item that is at least the level of the glyph or higher.

You can use a level 40 glyph on any item that is level 40 or higher.

You can use a level 35 glyph on any item that is level 35 or higher......
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 4, 2018 9:36PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screenshot of the gear piece and glyph, @Roxxsmom?

Seems like it should work.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a weapon/armour/jewelry issue and nothing to do with level? Did you make a "magicka regen" glyph instead of "magicka"?