Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What locations do your characters love and hate?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
My Argonian Templar hates Alik'r because the sand is always sticking to his scales and getting in his robes, and the hot sun is almost unbearable for someone who desperately needs to stay hydrated. He always has a ward up in Alik'r just to make things a little better.

On the other hand, he loves Summerset. Sure, the sun is still warm there, but there's plenty of water around, and he loves the architecture.

What places do your characters love and hate? Discuss.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valenwood. Its hot, sticky, and places that look like a straight shot on the map inevitably turn out to have giant cliffs in the way, forcing my Vestige to detour.
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    i have 2 chars whit their own backstory
    my first char (nord) and my dunmer

his current name is killerquinn (i always wished i could change his name but im too poor to buy name tokens so ill call him dracolus)
    class: dragon knight
    main setup: dungeon tank
    back story: he used to travel the lands of thamriel rooting out all mer he could find in the honnor of ysgramor, he traveled from auridon all the way to vvardenfell for his 1 singulair mission, making elves go extinct, he was no big fan of the newly formed ebonhearth packt and ask the skald king why he did someting this stupid, now wandering the lands of skyrim whitoud a purpose, being ask by a sucpicious women to go to some house (insert main story line from eso here) and now that hes freed, reclaimed his soul and now feels hope, he even gots the guts axepting his former hated elves, livving in peace, now traveling the lands of thamriel

quinn the swift (my main char)
    class: sorcerer
    main setup: area damage dungeon mage
    backstory: i didnt made 1 yet, however i can tell you his past involves the dwemmer in many ways
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Eastmarch, Orsinium. Northern Cyrodiil.

HATE shadowfen, Morrowind. Overgrown swaps etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters have no opinions. As for me, I cannot stand Shadowfen, Malabal Tor, or Grahtwood. Constant dismounts and rocks, roots, and cliffs that are impassible and force detours to get around. And they seem to be a lot more littered with critters that aggro every five feet.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    NolaArch wrote: »
    My characters have no opinions.

"hey man which faction did you join? like which one do you think is the best?"

"uuuuuhhhhhhh"
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Thanks for sharing, everyone!

We love hearing about character's backstories, as well as the different aspects and quirks of a character's personality. The sheer amount of thought and creativity that the community pours into these characters is always appreciate and very impressive. Thanks again for sharing, we can't wait to read more!
    Staff Post
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My characters don´t like Valenwood nor Black marsh. Ugly, dark, difficult to navigate, all jungle...
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    My imperial dk tank, Sixtus, hates swamps, so shadowfen and greenshade are no-no zones. His favorite place the Rift. Its always autumn there, which is his favorite season, plus he likes the nords.
  • Trabunt
    Trabunt
    Soul Shriven
    My main character, a Redguard sorc named Kestrel Mavichar, absolutely hates sewers (especially the sewers underneath the Imperial City) - or more specifically, travelling through them. He wears sandals at all times, so it's not hard to see why. ...Plus the Daedra, they sort of ruin the sewer experience for him as well. He much prefers the soft and warm sands of the Alik'r Desert - as well as any beaches.
    "You can't just set a stick on fire and call it a flame staff!"
  • Windstrider2017
    Raa'kim is fairly adaptable and likes (or tolerates) most of the environments, but he likes Khenarthi's Roost, Auridon, and any similar areas. The climate is literally perfect and the beaches are beautiful. Yes, this cat actually does like water! As for Skyrim, he doesn't mind the cold sometimes and finds it refreshing and finds the scenery very interesting, and is kind of in the same camp as the shirtless Nord on Bleakrock (the guy who says something along the lines of "nice Skyrim weather, it's not even squalling!") but sometimes it's too cold and not exactly enjoyable - if so, he'll either go indoors and pile on the blankets and stuff his face (he loves the hearty Nord food and drinks), or literally go back to where he's from. I don't really know how bugs would affect a khajiit, but if it was me in real life, I would have to either stay away from the swampy areas or cover myself in bug repellent and mosquito nets before going anywhere near a place like that, lmao. He mostly likes desert areas and loves the scenery and nice warm sun, but sometimes deserts can be too dry for his liking.
    Edited by Windstrider2017 on July 3, 2018 6:49AM
    Main: Raa'kim - Khajiit Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    Well as of right now, my wizard loves [And is quite possibly obsessed with] Artaeum. Also, he may be slightly ever so giddy that he has earned a spot amongst them. :blush:
  • Ampyra
    Ampyra
    Soul Shriven
    My character loves Auridon, being a high elf. However, my dunmer is also quite fond of it. My Breton enjoys craglorn and vvardenfell
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    Ampyra wrote: »
    My character loves Auridon, being a high elf. However, my dunmer is also quite fond of it. My Breton enjoys craglorn and vvardenfell
    The Breton's choice actually surprises me for some reason. Vvardenfell, perhaps. Craglorn, very interesting. Lol
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes he hates going to the accursed land of Lagodiil, where the terrain opens up without warning when he uses gap closers, he sometimes gets flung backward by player skills halfway to the next keep, and gets sent to the oblivion pocket plane of Loadscreen when he tries to use the Transitus :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Windstrider2017
    Aarlur wrote: »
    My imperial dk tank, Sixtus, hates swamps, so shadowfen and greenshade are no-no zones. His favorite place the Rift. Its always autumn there, which is his favorite season, plus he likes the nords.

I definitely agree about liking the Rift, it's beautiful there, and most of the Nords are pretty cool.
    Main: Raa'kim - Khajiit Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    I play Octavius Maximus, Headmaster of the Maester's Order (RP Guild).

Octavius is an Imperial Ancient who has traveled much of Tamriel. Like everyone else, he has grown to love some places and strongly dislike others.

I know that right now mostly everyone is infatuated with Summerset (as they should be), but there are many other beautiful places in Tamriel than just the home of the High Elves.

LOVE:

Auridon: Who doesn't love Altmer culture and their constant strive for perfection? The cleanliness, attention to order and detail, and overall aesthetics exhibited in the Island Cities is to be admired by everyone who sets foot in the evergreen archipelago.

Alik'r: Do not the let the vast desert sandstorms and beaming sunlight fool you! The are many lovely sights to experience in the Redguard's home! Rich in resources to farm. Fine jewelry, garments and pottery to purchase. Exquisite spices and delicacies to savor. Guaranteed to make you feel like a Sultan (if you bring enough coin).

Orsinium: Is it the blanketing snow? Is it the pristine rivers? Is it the marvelous stone structures and reoccurring waterfalls? The vibrant sea shores? I don't know, but Orsinium is definitely top three in my list.

NOT A BIG FAN

Coldharbour: Molag Bal should definitely let Meridia teach him something about decorating your own Oblivion Realm. Also, everything wants to kill you which is not exactly...inviting...

Grathwood: A trip to the jungle sounds very exciting until you get there and the wildlife noise overwhelms your senses. Add the bugs and frequent torrential precipitation of the rain forest and you have yourself a recipe for a new blight. No thank you.

Craglorn: A haunted land. A place from where many never return. Stay away.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Ansuzgardaraivo
    My nordic bearded lumberjack likes snowy mountains and forests where he spends a lot of time wandering around.

He keeps coming back to Bleakrock Isle although his soul cries when he sees all the Covenant scums all-around.

His dreams of reclaiming the isle are still alive.
    Khaos Keraunos Kybernetos
  • telateeaa
    telateeaa
    Soul Shriven
    For certain, my Orc girl really scared of depth. She once was about to drown, but was saved, thanks Nine! She is living in Summerset for the whole life, so she loves it, I guess. Sometimes her motherland is boring for her, and she wants to leave to High-Rock or Valenwood, but I don't think she will really do it
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn: A haunted land. A place from where many never return. Stay away.

I couldn't agree more. I hate Craglorn with a passion >:(

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharnour It's so dark, dangerous, and ominous, especially that ambiance, tho it is also the home of molag bal, who she despise as a child of Lamae Bal so its a love hate relationship.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock...brrrr!!! Eastmarch and parts of Riften are equally brrr. Brr is horrible. And no, he's not an Argonian, he's a Breton. He's just a small Breton without any extra padding, he gets cold easily.

He's not fond of most northern places, actually, not just because of the cold but because so many of them are so...well, bleak. Rocky and harsh, without any comforting lush jungle plants or warm pools of water, or froggies...hmm. Maybe he should have been an Argonian after all.

Coldharbour is just ICKY. Neither my character nor I are fans of bottomless abysses that you could just fall forever if you slipped off some random jaggedy edge that doesn't follow any sane geological pattern. Uuuuuugh. If only those pools of azure plasm could be transplanted to someplace in Tamriel. And then heated.
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭
    Magnus (my Nord Warden) loved Bleakrock Isle and was very much dismayed by the ash laden air and mushrooms of everywhere else the Ebonheart Pact has sent him. He would kill for a cold beverage on a snow covered mountain. Actually, he has killed much, but always the mirage of the snow covered mountain eludes him. And he is so very tired of lukewarm mead and water. He pays good gold to the bards he can find to sing ancient nord verses.