Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prong Eared Grimalkin - tail has holes in the end

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The textures on the end of the Prong Eared Grimalkin's tail have a fault. It looks like there's a hole in the end of its tail.
PC EU
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm... wow. I was 100% planning to buy this pet. I have had my eye on it since the showcase!! When I read this post I thought to myself "Oh I'm sure it's not that bad" but I just looked at it again and you're not kidding. There's literally a gaping hole where the end of this cat's tail should be and some serious texture issues on the bottom of the tail!!! It looks awful. No way I will buy it in its current state and that makes me so sad because he's sooo cute otherwise. Uuuuuuugh :cry::scream:

I can't believe this didn't get a closer look in development!! It looks alright when the cat is standing still and the tail is not in the air, but as soon as it lifts the tail or stretches out you can see there is something really weird going on. I tried to get some pictures to demonstrate...

PctMD8x.png

UsKalnX.png

yquEJLQ.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please is there any way this pet will get a graphic fix??
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H
    How did they get past them!??!?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor kitty! I bought this today but was in PVP all day so I never got to summon it. Good to know.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the kitty and also noticed a hole in the base of the tail, and the skeleton is visible through the hole :open_mouth:
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »
    I bought the kitty and also noticed a hole in the base of the tail, and the skeleton is visible through the hole :open_mouth:

It's undead?!
    PC EU
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this intended?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I didn't buy it (yet). If it only had two ears instead of four, though, I would have bought it immediately before I noticed the tail tip. I want to know why they made it look like it belongs on Star Trek, with four ears?

*Edit* I probably should add that it looks amazing other than those two things.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 31, 2018 8:37PM
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 1, 2018 6:11AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw it in the preview if you wait long enough you can see it..
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yuck, definitely a QA fail. :/

@SydneyGrey The four ears thing is apparently something that can occur with real-life cats.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yuck, definitely a QA fail. :/
    @SydneyGrey The four ears thing is apparently something that can occur with real-life cats.
    Only if they're deformed.

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 1, 2018 5:53PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sitting animation in the Crown Store preview was messed up, too. I am not sure if this cat is double jointed, or what, but the back legs looked really funny.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, the ears alone, which are intended, look like a visual bug.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

So much this, as soon as I've seen those double ears, no thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Btw... PLEASE put the Siamese Cat too in the Store. It's already in game, good to go, no new model nor textures needed.
    Every time I see it around in game I wonder if you realize how much of a cutie that is!

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The ears creeped me out so i didn't buy it either..I said to my guildies wtf is up with its ears lol
    Edited by DanteYoda on September 2, 2018 12:22PM
  • jamgrs
    jamgrs
    ✭✭
    I actually bought this cat because it has four ears.
    Totally agree about the tail, though. Textures on it are really weird. Seems like someone tried to make the tail look fluffy and failed miserably.
    Edited by jamgrs on September 2, 2018 5:36PM
    Edited by jamgrs because of typos
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, nuts. I just bought this for a friend, and she's yet to see it. PLEASE fix this texture issue, ZOS!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

So much this, as soon as I've seen those double ears, no thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Btw... PLEASE put the Siamese Cat too in the Store. It's already in game, good to go, no new model nor textures needed.
    Every time I see it around in game I wonder if you realize how much of a cutie that is!

This!!! I want a Siamese cat too :-) I fell in love with one I saw in Grathwood. I have 2 cats IRL - ragdoll and Siamese :D xD
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait people are complaining about it's extra ears? That's one of the reasons I love it it's more unique, and the tail really isn't noticeable outside of the crown store. I mean unless you like lookin at your pets' butts extra close then I mean you do you lol as for the weird leg thing when it lays down that's only a weird issue when viewing it in crown store outside of it it's legs are very normal haha
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was an instant buy for me - on both PC servers! Apart from the 4 ears (which is a rare but real genetic mutation), it's the spitting image of one of my Ragdoll cats, same colour, same markings, same fluff. Even its description in the CS is very VERY Ragdoll.

Main difference is that it doesn't leave wool all over the carpets like my 3 real Rags do! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't this been acknowledged by a staff member? As a cash purchase, people having legitimate concerns about a bug from said item should have been acknowledged by now.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't this been acknowledged by a staff member? As a cash purchase, people having legitimate concerns about a bug from said item should have been acknowledged by now.

These things are often "as is" from the Crown Store. If there is something they want to fix, they will comment. Otherwise, it is what it is.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Glad I didn't buy it (yet). If it only had two ears instead of four, though, I would have bought it immediately before I noticed the tail tip. I want to know why they made it look like it belongs on Star Trek, with four ears?

I didn't buy it for the exact same reason. I was gonna buy it day 1 but then I saw the ears.
    515.gif
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. I was planning to buy this but I won't unless they fix it. I prefer my cats without dimensional rifts.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

I didn't buy it for the exact same reason. I was gonna buy it day 1 but then I saw the ears.
    515.gif

It's literally called the PRONG EARED Grimalkin. How did you all miss that bit?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what? We're just saying we don't like the excessive number of ears, and would have bought it if it looked like a normal cat. I mean, we can just say it's a species native to Tamriel, but I'd still prefer a normal-looking cat. The cat is beautiful except for the ears. It's just my opinion.
    By the way, "prong" means something that's pointy. It does not mean "multiple" or "four."

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 4, 2018 11:26AM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These things are often "as is" from the Crown Store. If there is something they want to fix, they will comment. Otherwise, it is what it is.

Sadly, I agree with you. I think the most likely outcome is that we will never hear from ZOS about this tail issue and it will never be changed. As tempting as it is, I won't spend my Crowns on it because I don't want to reinforce the idea that shoddy work is acceptable to me. Poor kitty :frowning:

Also FWIW I literally didn't even notice the double ears until you guys pointed it out. And I'm the one that was staring at this cat for a while taking screenshots above ^^ hah! The ears don't bother me... I mean, if I'm willing to ride around on a horse with flames shooting out of it I probably shouldn't complain about the realism of a cat with two sets of ears.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides weird ears and holes in its tail it actually also has broken looking legs (all 4 of them if to pay attention to the animations)... Who the heck designed that sad creature? Come on... even such amateur as me can adjust weights on a 3D model better using Blender software...
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what? We're just saying we don't like the excessive number of ears, and would have bought it if it looked like a normal cat. I mean, we can just say it's a species native to Tamriel, but I'd still prefer a normal-looking cat. The cat is beautiful except for the ears. It's just my opinion.
    By the way, "prong" means something that's pointy. It does not mean "multiple" or "four."

Well a prong specifically denotes a pointy thing when there are multiple. You can't have a "single-pronged" thing, that would just be pointed. To be "Prong-Eared" there would have to be a minimum of two per side, otherwise there's no point specifying the ears at all.
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this and had no idea about the giant void in the tail. I didn't know until like tonight when I was talking about how cute it was, a friend of mine said, "Oh that's the one with the messed up tail?" I was confused, then informed by my friend about the hideous hole in it's tail. I feel so cheated now that I noticed this. This was not a cheap pet. @ZOS_GinaBruno - Will this get fixed? This is pretty disappointing.