Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix the in-combat bug...again.

cazlonb16_ESO
cazlonb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
This nonsense has been getting out of hand lately again. Cyrodiil is a walking simulator for Templars in particular.

Fix pls.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aEn7r8O_700b.jpg
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS idea of Templars:

Knights-Templar.jpg

Reality in game:

rollator-601x400.jpg
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So any news on this ?

Frequently the only solution is to Alt+F4 and relog...Really fun especially if there is a queue.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on September 4, 2018 4:49PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I hoped this bug fixed for good..
    Only solution for now is only suicide to quit in-combat status.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS idea of Templars:

Knights-Templar.jpg

Reality in game:

rollator-601x400.jpg

Omg lol. Hilarious
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

After a couple of fixes it improved considerably, to the point that it wasn't really more than a mild annoyance anymore. Since then it has crept back into the game though and is going strong as ever.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with this. It also happens frequently on my magwarden. It's like..... Idk. I usually raid in Cyrodiil, and it's always like .."Yeah, let's mount up and move to Chalman(from Sejanus)" I'm just the poor healer stuck on foot saying "Can't mount" then finally at BRK farm.. "Still can't mount". Halfway to Chalman "Still can't mount.... " near broken tower "I CAN MOUNT!"

"Dismount and regroup, wait for the slackers in the back". :'(:'(

I would understand it would keep me in combat if I would keep casting skills. But just sprinting on foot, and avoiding the wolves / lioness on the way there.. Still not able to mount.. Idk. It's exhausting. .____.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Wa2p
    Wa2p
    ✭✭✭
    Adding voice to the cry of please fix. I don't PVP really, but PVE wise, I was doing dungeons last night with the wife and we couldn't pick locks or loot heavy sacks after everything was dead, or swap skills (since it was just the two of us, need to drop the bear in VoM's first boss or someone dies) without both of us sneaking until it would drop us out of combat. I was wondering if it had to do with the non-combat summons (like the netch) but I didn't get time to test it. If it is that's particularly annoying for any prebuffing or in the case of PVP keeping buffed.
    Edited by Wa2p on September 8, 2018 8:28PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed the terrain some patches ago so they had to break something similarly important to obey the law of conserved annoyance.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list of bugs is long and I heard somewhere that there is only a single person(or limited resources) that works on dungeons and the majority of resources are always working on the next DLC/chapter/crown crate. Hence why there is a long list of bugs. Given this, I doubt we will see anything done, although I couldn't agree more. I send up to 3 bug requests daily for being in combat when i shouldn't be.
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Even dying doesn't work for me all the time, it already happened a few times that i rezzed at North Morrowind Gate and was immediately in combat :(
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even dying doesn't work for me all the time, it already happened a few times that i rezzed at North Morrowind Gate and was immediately in combat :(

You ain't the only one! :#
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It hits Wardens extra hard (I play all classes and anyone who does will tell you its much worse for Wardens) for some unknown reason and it isn't just Cyrodiil. In PvE zones sometimes I need to wait up to a minute to open a door, interact with an NPC or loot a locked chest.

It's annoying and has been a bug in the game literally for years - sometimes worse than others.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this bug is annoying. I wanted to travel to a nearby keep and intercept a group with my guild on my trusty mount, but it said I was in combat and couldn't mount repeatedly. Yet I wasn't in combat. It took me forever to run up there and should have taken only 3-5 mins if I could mount. The bug persisted until I finally died in a long battle almost an hour later. The bug returned again ca. 10 minutes later.
    Edited by Arrodisia on September 9, 2018 1:23AM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting...This nonsense happens every day in Cyro.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very annoying indeed. I waited it out last night. Took about 10 minutes or so to finally be out of combat. crazy!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you open the clown store, it will eventually resolve the combat bug - and this trick has the side effect of showing you exactly where ZoS's priorities are.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    If you open the clown store, it will eventually resolve the combat bug - and this trick has the side effect of showing you exactly where ZoS's priorities are.

Tried that, doesn't work. Alt+F4 still the only reliable way to resolve the problem.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ?
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to level up some Psijic skills today, and guess what? They didn't fix the bug yet where your skill progress does not update properly, so you can't see the progress or morph the skills until the next loading screen.

They seem unwilling to fix such a fundamental and probably easily reproducable problem. I'm not getting my hopes up for the in-combat bug.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the issue was almost gone at some point. So they can fix it. Unfortunately it crept back in and the numbers in PvP are probably just too low to spend any effort on fixing it again.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on October 16, 2018 9:32AM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just stood like 7 minutes at the way shrine in a peaceful keep IN COMBAT, when I caught a small window in the entered combat/left combat dance to port, just to enter combat again right after so I couldn't mount at the target.

Can we at least get some response to this issue plagueing the entire of Cyrodiil ?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Porting to another zone also fixes it.... however that's terrible solution in Cyrodiil.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pvping with guild a couple nights ago and spent at least 75% of the time stuck in combat even when if I hadn't fought for 5 minutes or more. Got sick of hardly being able to mount etc. Losing mood to play at all. Broken game is broken.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue won't go away by ignoring it.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    I was pvping with guild a couple nights ago and spent at least 75% of the time stuck in combat even when if I hadn't fought for 5 minutes or more. Got sick of hardly being able to mount etc. Losing mood to play at all. Broken game is broken.

Tried invis potions? I've used them to break the in-combat annoyance in Cyro, also works at certain doors in Wayrest Sewers
    EU PS4
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    So any news on this ?

Frequently the only solution is to Alt+F4 and relog...Really fun especially if there is a queue.

You can still take queue pops by hitting your notifications button and accepting the queue there.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    So any news on this ?

Spam equilibrium and jump off a rock.

Or go the roleplaying way and craft some potions that drain your health. Mmmmm, suicide.
    PC EU
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying out warden tank in vmol... The group had a wipe where we were stuck in combat because of.... You guessed it, the dang jellyfish. The thing keeps you in combat still after how long?
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on October 29, 2018 7:38PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Templar Curse is still very alive and well, and it's spreading a less potent strain to other classes.