The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Crafting Writ Set in an unavailable DLC zone.

theamazingbassoon
theamazingbassoon
Soul Shriven
Recently i got my first Master Blacksmithing Writ, so i'm not very familiar with how it works, but the set required for it (Varen's Legacy) can only be found on the Gold Coast, which can only be accessed through the Dark Brotherhood DLC, which i don't have.
Is this something common, and is there a solution other than just buying the DLC?
Edited by theamazingbassoon on August 29, 2018 10:36AM

Best Answers

• Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of guilds have most of, if not all the crafting stations available to use in their guild halls. I would ask around in chat about it.
    Answer ✓
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recently i got my first Master Blacksmithing Writ, so i'm not very familiar with how it works, but the set required for it (Varen's Legacy) can only be found on the Gold Coast, which can only be accessed through the Dark Brotherhood DLC, which i don't have.
    Is this something common, and is there a solution other than just buying the DLC?

look out in zone chat for a guild recruiting message with "we have all crafting stations". If you're PC EU there's the guild "Inside Trade"... though they do kick low sellers quite ruthlessly.

If you're part of the Glorious PC Master Race (I'm being funny, not an eliteist, chill) there's the "Go Home" addon that you can use to hotkey to any home owned by any player that allows visitors. Just ask your friends, guilds and in zone chat for a teleport to a house with all stations, find out who it belongs to, and set one of your 10 hotkey-able homes to get you there any time. I've been using this one guy's place and I didn't meet him til a while after I'd been using his place.

Now about how the Master Writs work: they are extremely specific:

*specific item
    *specific style
    *specific quality
    *specific set
    *specific trait

Each set requires that you know a specific number of traits for each item you wish to craft.
    Say you need to do, for example, a Legendary, Nirnhoned, Ebony, Shalidor's Curse Sword. You need:

*enough ruby ash wood for a cp150 bow (you never have to craft CP160 for a writ)
    *Ebony Swords motif page learned (can buy from Mastercraft Mediator with writ vouchers)
    *Ebony style material or mimic stone
    *Potent Nirncrux
    *to have reserached Nirnhoned trait on swords
    *to have researched 8 traits on swords to craft Shalodor's Curse sword (which is an 8 trait set - some sets are as low as 2 traits)
    *8 tempering alloy (plus the other tempers) - so do your daily crafting writs, refine materials, and have all your crafting perks

(basically a writ like that would probably pay you around 100 vouchers)

Little tip: I have a paper list of all the motif pages my crafter knows. I tick them off as I get them. If you go to a guild store and set the search to all items - gold items only, you can buy master writs. Don't spend more then 500g/voucher reward.

There's also Tamriel Trade Centre. Pick up your phone and google it. Say you get a master writ for a style you don't know. It pays 20 vouchers. Check TTC for the cheapest listing for the motif page. Is it more than 10k? (500g/voucher reward).
    If no: buy the page. If yes: consider selling the writ for 10k at a guild store... if you're in a trading guild. Use that money to buy a writ you can do. Never start a master writ til you know you can do it. Sell writs that cost more to make than 500g/voucher reward. Do you need to buy a Potent Nirncrux? 2x Perfect Roe? A 20k recipe? Consider all these variable before you start a master writ.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
    Answer ✓
  • theamazingbassoon
    theamazingbassoon
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't know that you can have crafting stations for different sets. Thanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are called Attunable Stations, which you can buy with Writ Vouchers.

Anyway, a good number of large guilds have some or all of them at a "Guild Hall".
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Congratz to your first Master Writ. If you are on PC/NA Im in a Crafter/Social Guild, called AtWritsEnd, we have every single Station that is in Game plus Mundus Stones and a Dwarven Centurion and more, feel free to shoot me a message in Game @DirkRavenclaw if you would like to join.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • theamazingbassoon
    theamazingbassoon
    Soul Shriven

Congratz to your first Master Writ. If you are on PC/NA Im in a Crafter/Social Guild, called AtWritsEnd, we have every single Station that is in Game plus Mundus Stones and a Dwarven Centurion and more, feel free to shoot me a message in Game @DirkRavenclaw if you would like to join.

Sorry, i'm on the EU server, but thanks for the offer. Do you by any chance know an EU crafting guild?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, i'm on the EU server, but thanks for the offer. Do you by any chance know an EU crafting guild?
    Check the 'Guild Recruitment' at the bottom of the forums page under PC/MAC - EU.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since it sounds like you just started doing top level daily writs, please be aware that you do not have to do every writ you receive. They are tradeable. You may well get writs for items you can't make and won't be able to for a long time because of trait research. You will get writs that may require very expensive or rare motifs. It's perfectly reasonable to sell some and buy others if you are in a hurry to buy items with vouchers.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    buy the subscription to access the gold coast
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sell the writ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sell the writ?
    This, sell and then buy another if you need.
    Many guilds has Attunable crafting stations for DLC zones however its often gaps as most focus on the ones who are used by players.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy DLC
    or buy ESO+,
    or fund a guy with that crafting station in the house,
    or sell that Master Writ via guild stores.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

PC EU?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • theamazingbassoon
    theamazingbassoon
    Soul Shriven

PC EU?

Yes.