The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will we ever get Big Battlegrounds besides Cyrodill?

shiningforce
shiningforce
✭✭✭
Would really like to see some battlegrounds besides the Circle. A long rectangular battlefield would be just fine where 20 x 20, 40 x 40 battles could take place. Honestly a better game of Capture the Flag would be really appreciated with two groups battling it out.
-- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would really like to see some battlegrounds besides the Circle. A long rectangular battlefield would be just fine where 20 x 20, 40 x 40 battles could take place. Honestly a better game of Capture the Flag would be really appreciated with two groups battling it out.

In my opinion 20x20 or 40x40 would be too much for a bg it is nearly like cyro then

Dont forget we got 3 teams so it would be then 60-120 players for 1 bg
    This is too much but if they would bring new modes with bigger maps then whats about 10x10?
    Then it would be 30 players in one bg and it would fit bgs better i guess

And dont forget if you want to queue for a bg with 40x40 means with 120 players cuz its 3 teams...how long will the queue take then?^^
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure BG are designed for controlled skirmish groups as Cyrodiil offers the big battles already.

Cyrodiil also keeps big battles more interesting due to its semi-sandbox nature.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Pretty sure BG are designed for controlled skirmish groups as Cyrodiil offers the big battles already.

Cyrodiil also keeps big battles more interesting due to its semi-sandbox nature.

Agree that 20x20 or 40x40 is wayyy to big and defeats the purpose of BGs but OP does have point. I would definitely like a game mode with slightly more players. Maybe 4x teams or 10x10x10/8x8x8. The reason being, the new map that you can mount on is absolutely pointless unless they added more players because as it is now the space on the map is just pretty background space everyone ends up going back and forth to the same 2-3 spots and mimics a normal BG. I don't get what the bigger map offers unless there's more players?
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry let me try and clarify what I am saying. First, why does there need to be 3 teams? I get it, there are 3 factions, they do come together near the end of the first story, never changed. one force vs another is sufficient for a capture the flag game, some of you seem to keep thinking of the circle of 3. You could even make an expansion in which there are two factions where you have to choose a side thus 2 groups.

Cyrodill is fine but its not a regular battleground, its Way too big for many. fine for some but I like being in close encounters beating the crap out of someone that has the object you need to collect running a fair distance but not as far as cyrodill and certainly not in the same circle of 3 where everything is too close. A short distance to get back in the game would be great, Think Warsong in World of Warcraft or the Bgs in Swtor.

I am also just tired of seeing the same scenic settings over and over again and in the same shape, its boring after awhile imo. I have read many others saying the same. I loved pvp in other MMO's but would like to see more variety in ESO as other mmo's have done. Its been years.....
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will never happen because there is no demand for it.

Nobody would play this because they would just rather go to cyro for large scale.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    It will never happen because there is no demand for it.

Nobody would play this because they would just rather go to cyro for large scale.

No demand? I think CHefZero just threw that theory right out the window. As I stated tons of people have been requesting it for years.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Happy to see this post, Thank you for sharing it!
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't confirm this. Cyro is a big playground for everyone, guild's, zerglings, small-scaler and solo player. Someone goes for objectives to win the campaign, other one only farms AP.

People in BGs have all the same goal. Also ESO is few year's old and still lack's an area for PvP guild's to show their strength. Bigger BGs would offer this.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't confirm this. Cyro is a big playground for everyone, guild's, zerglings, small-scaler and solo player. Someone goes for objectives to win the campaign, other one only farms AP.

People in BGs have all the same goal. Also ESO is few year's old and still lack's an area for PvP guild's to show their strength. Bigger BGs would offer this.

Ok well consider the devotion and loyalty people have to Cyrodiil. I think it would be hard to get people to switch or even try something else. If there were a lot more people doing PvP, I think there would be sufficient demand.

And believe me, nobody wants this to succeed more than me.
    Edited by Finviuswe on September 5, 2018 10:19AM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok well consider the devotion and loyalty people have to Cyrodiil. I think it would be hard to get people to switch or even try something else. If there were a lot more people doing PvP, I think there would be sufficient demand.

And believe me, nobody wants this to succeed more than me.

Where you play? Plattform/region?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first reaction is that this idea sounds cool, but my god how long would the que be?! As I’m sure you know, organized guild battles happen from time to time, so people are interested, but being able to que up remotely quickly into a 20 v 20... I doubt it.

I would think they’d put a battle royale mode into this game first...

I like doing BGs since I can jump in, fight for about 15 min and then get out. They’re super fun! However, I don’t do all that many as I’m in a large pvp guild that is fighting in Cyrodiil all day every day, and I typically just jump right into Cyrodiil to help the effort when I’m online.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    I would think they’d put a battle royale mode into this game first...

Please stop talking about battle royal :s
    PC EU - DC only