The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How Many Platings to Upgrade Jewelry?

Smitch_59
Smitch_59
✭✭✭✭✭
So with the latest update, how many platings does it now take to upgrade jewelry? I got a master writ to craft an epic ring, but I only have 5 zircon platings so I question whether it's worth bothering with. The master writ is worth 34 vouchers.
By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 plating for epic (it goes 1, 2, 3, 4). Last I checked (PC/NA), purple platings were going for around 20K, so probably not worth it from a gold/voucher perspective.

• Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    3 plating for epic (it goes 1, 2, 3, 4). Last I checked (PC/NA), purple platings were going for around 20K, so probably not worth it from a gold/voucher perspective.

Thank you. Yeah, I was thinking that it's probably just not worth it. Stupid jewelry crafting.....
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    So with the latest update, how many platings does it now take to upgrade jewelry? I got a master writ to craft an epic ring, but I only have 5 zircon platings so I question whether it's worth bothering with. The master writ is worth 34 vouchers.

ZOS have definitely been very mean with the vouchers—I would save the platings for something else.

The other aspect of this issue is that drops of good quality rings are frequent enough that using platings to upgrade rings for sale is unattractive too. That leaves saving them to build crafted sets as the only attractive option.

I am not sure that the designers intended it to turn out that way. It would be hugely entertaining to know how many jewelry writs get turned in, but I suspect not many right now.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    too many, and they're a time-consuming, grindy pain in the *** passage to gather. It's a joke :-(
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.