The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Comparison Slimecraw and Balorg

Destary
Destary
✭✭✭
->Class : Magicka Sorcerer.
->Build : Lich + Shacklebreaker + Perfect Asylum (not used in this test).
->Ultimate : Shooting Star.
->Target : Skeleton 3M.

UB* = Unbuff.
B** = Buff.
Base = With Engin Guardian : A set which don't increase your damage.
Here, Frag means Instant Crystal Fragments.

Unbuff:

Base Frag Value : 12.773
Slimecraw Frag Value: 13.444
Balorg (UB*) Frag Value: 13.074
Balorg (B**) Frag Value: 14.008

--> Damage Lost : 2.75% constant - Balorg (UB*) -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 4.19% - Balorg -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 5.25% - Slimecraw -> Base.
--> Earned Damage : 2.35% - Balorg (UB*) -> Base.
--> Earned Damage : 9.66% - Balorg (B**) -> Base.

Sorcery Buff (Major Sorcelery):

Base Frag Value : 13.578
Slimecraw Frag Value: 14.292
Balorg (UB*) Frag Value: 13.935
Balorg (B**) Frag Value: 15.128

--> Damage Lost : 2.49% constant - Balorg (UB*) -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 5.84% - Balorg -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 2.62% - Balorg (UB*) -> Base.
--> Earned Damage : 11.41% - Balorg (B**) -> Base.

Full Buff (Major Sorcery + Damage glyph on infused weapon):

Base Frag Value : 14.828
Slimecraw Frag Value: 15.606
Balorg (UB*) Frag Value: 15.184
Balorg (B**) Frag Value: 16.212

--> Damage Lost : 2.70% constant - Balorg -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 3.88% - Balorg -> Slimecraw.
--> Earned Damage : 2.40% - Balorg (UB*) -> Base.
--> Earned Damage : 9.33% - Balorg (B**) -> Base.

Conclusion:

->Slimecraw give a constant damage, Balorg give a burst, their effectiveness dependes your build/class and ultimate used.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really awesome post, but at which ultimates level did you use your ult? Did they get used at its max or base cost of shooting star? (Cant remember how much sorc cost reduction gives)

But I feel it shines in group or smaller scale situation to lay the ultimate down whether it be dawny and spin to win, destro sap ess, banner blockade inhale talons. Just builds that lays out a ton of damage based on ult and how long they've held it.
    I can say right now I'll have a set of balrog to swap into on my mag dk when I duo with a buddy or play in group.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really awesome post, but at which ultimates level did you use your ult? Did they get used at its max or base cost of shooting star? (Cant remember how much sorc cost reduction gives)

But I feel it shines in group or smaller scale situation to lay the ultimate down whether it be dawny and spin to win, destro sap ess, banner blockade inhale talons. Just builds that lays out a ton of damage based on ult and how long they've held it.
    I can say right now I'll have a set of balrog to swap into on my mag dk when I duo with a buddy or play in group.

Pretty sure it was done with 500 ult.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    Hey ! :)

This set give you 2x the cost of your ult, so in Magicka Sorcerer, Shooting Star cost 170 ult. So that give you 340 spell damage :) If you have 500 ult that don't change damages.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destary wrote: »

This set give you 2x the cost of your ult, so in Magicka Sorcerer, Shooting Star cost 170 ult. So that give you 340 spell damage :) If you have 500 ult that don't change damages.

It does actually. It's based on ultimate consumed (I've tested this), not how much your ultimate costs.

So if you use a Shooting Star at 170 you get 340, but if you use it at 500 ultimate (and all of it naturally gets consumed when ulti is used) you get 1000 spell damage.

It also buffs the damage of the ultimate itself.
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

It does actually. It's based on ultimate consumed (I've tested this), not how much your ultimate costs.

So if you use a Shooting Star at 170 you get 340, but if you use it at 500 ultimate (and all of it naturally gets consumed when ulti is used) you get 1000 spell damage.

I tried it and that doesn't work. Try again, with 500 ults that give you 340 and not 1000
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah it's a bug, last week that doesn't work. So it really insane :hushed:
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

I tried it and that doesn't work. Try again, with 500 ults that give you 340 and not 1000

Since I haven’t got it or played on the new update, so the set doesn’t matter if you drop an ult at it’s base of 200, or 500 and it’s still just gonna give the damage from the 200 ultimate?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would go with Balorgh for most situations because minor berserk will be made available through healers and become redundant. Burst is also much more important in pvp and you get that with Balorgh + minor berserk if a healer is around.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When You cast 1st meteor and You have 500 ulti it'll give You double the ulti cost however next ultimate and each after that will give You double the amount of ultimate consumed in previous use of ultimate ability so Your ulti number 2 will give You 1k spell dmg ( even if You consumed 100 ulti to use it) , ulti number 3 , two times of what You consumed while You used ulti number 2 etc. This is how it worked on PTS atleast.

Edited by Juhasow on September 1, 2018 8:00PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only there was a defensive set that robs 500-1000 SD/WD from your enemy ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If only there was a defensive set that robs 500-1000 SD/WD from your enemy ;)

the cries for nerfs would be real.

as it stands run Balorg and be a class the gest minor berserk, win win
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try it on a Magicka Nightblade, that will be funny :)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I don't really see the point of waiting three minutes to get burst once... In most pvp situations that doesn't really do anything for me.

Especially in bgs basically any other monster set performed better for me...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA