Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are their group dungeon servesr broken?

elder42
elder42
Whenever I get in a group dungeon with a full party of 4, someone is always phased out of us. Can see their arrow moving around but not their character, because it puts them in a different instance. Even trying to "Travel To Player" doesn't fix it.
  • elder42
    elder42
    Not sure why this game didn't just use LFD like every modern MMO. Saves a ton of time trying to form a group, and stopped problems from these from happening.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets better. Monsters in 4 man dungeons don't give exp. I'm not joking, they considered groups forming up and killing dungeons an exploit.

It's so ridiculous you might think I'm trolling. I wish I were. We have an mmo that removed exp gains in group content.

I don't have much faith in the company's ability to structure a decent mmo at this point.
  • elder42
    elder42
    Yeah I noticed that. I think it's because they don't want people farming dungeons to level, they want them questing. Most of which is solo content. The entire PvE experience might as well be an offline single-player game. This is all really bad because I wanted this game to be awesome, but it's terrible. It is so so so terrible, and it bothers me because that's just the way it is going to be. I doubt they're going to go all Japanese and wipe the slate clean and rebuild. FFXIV did it and became so much better. This needs that, but it won't happen, because this is NA, we don't do that. We just shrug our shoulders when we make really bad products, try to get as much as we can out of it before it totally sinks, and get busy on the next one.
    Edited by elder42 on April 4, 2014 6:52PM