The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sharing My List of 38 Essential AddOns for ESO!

serpentaa
serpentaa
Soul Shriven
Greetings people,

After some thousand hours in the game, and a few hundred addons later, I decided to identify the best & most-useful out of them, and put them on a list.

I believe the list covers all the important "missing" aspects of the in-game interface and data visualization, so that you can make your adventure more meaningful, and less of a chore!

Let me know what you think about it!

https://altarofgaming.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-must-have-addons/
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty for compiling this list I’m browsing it now.

@Joy_Division any chance we can get these brought up during community rep meetings as possible additions to the console experience?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add Map Pins to the list. It is a quick and fast way to add pins to the map from all the addons that put pins on the map. I can add or remove from the map interface, and not from the addon.

Note, I dont know if it reduces the performance overhead of the underlying addon if you turn off the pin. For example, it pulls from the Lorebooks addon. Testing will reveal that. However, I noticed it shows me chests and heavy sacks and i dont have another addon that does that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Ty for compiling this list I’m browsing it now.

@Joy_Division any chance we can get these brought up during community rep meetings as possible additions to the console experience?

No it has not. Though it's an absolutely legit pain point and should be brought up.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the main issue with trying that is the sheer number of addons that are available. Trying to determine which ones are objectively the best is nearly impossible.

The second issue is that many of the addons people like can be fairly resource intensive on a device with fairly limited power. I hear it's not uncommon for console raiders to dip into the 4 fps range even without addons.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    serpentaa wrote: »
    After some thousand hours in the game, and a few hundred addons later, I decided to identify the best & most-useful out of them, and put them on a list.

I generally agree. I'd personally make a tiny number of changes:
    • Replace Destinations, Sky Shards, and possibly Lore Books, with Map Pins; it covers all of the first two, the mages guild books for the third, and is apparently working toward replacing Quest Map also.
    • Bump pChat up to "just do it" level, not down in optional; especially restoring chat is really nice.
    • FTC is ... eh, not my choice, I guess. I ended up using different group frames, but whatever.

• Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    serpentaa wrote: »

I generally agree. I'd personally make a tiny number of changes:
    • Replace Destinations, Sky Shards, and possibly Lore Books, with Map Pins; it covers all of the first two, the mages guild books for the third, and is apparently working toward replacing Quest Map also.
    • Bump pChat up to "just do it" level, not down in optional; especially restoring chat is really nice.
    • FTC is ... eh, not my choice, I guess. I ended up using different group frames, but whatever.

Unless Map Pins has changed greatly in the past 1-2 months since I last tried it, it is significantly more buggy than the combination of those three other addons. Perhaps more of an optional replacement with a disclaimer.

Agree with pChat being more important.