The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone know why Nvidia no longer supports ESO for the Geforce Experience?

HousecarlKarl
HousecarlKarl
Soul Shriven
It still shows that it supports Guild Wars 2. But since the update it no longer supports ESO.
The world is yours for the taking. Seize it and shape it to your own desire.

Best Answers

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some have had this issue and Zos seemed surprised by it so it is something accidental but who caused it and will fix it is unknown.
    Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wondered if it had something to do with my addons... but that doesn't seem to be the case. It does still show in the right hand corner when I open the game... so who knows.

@HousecarlKarl It was posted in another thread that ZOS removed eso.exe and left only the eso64.exe. Nvidia looks for eso.exe so you will need to add it back to your files for Nvidia. That worked for me.

8ACf9t2.png

PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is still listed in my GeForce Experience and it has the latest updates.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    Earlier I did a complete reinstall, fresh windows, with all new drivers, ESO reinstall etc. But I was curious to find out if an earlier version did work. So deinstalled everything in and installed to a Nvidia version from January 8 (390.65) this year (when all was fine). Guess what. Still no ESO found. Upgraded to the latest version August 1 (398.82) . Guess what. Still no ESO found.

So ZOS? Still advising to upgrade those drivers or....?
    • Bosmer Girl since Morrowind 2002
  • Throxx
    Throxx
    ✭✭✭
    Nvidia exp has never found my eso. I often wondered if it was because I haven't reinstalled since the beta folder structure.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use GeForce Experience to optimize games or capture (and don't care at all), but I don't see ESO on the scanned list either.

...Although even MapleStory 2 is and it's not officially out...
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new news on this? Just thought I'd bump.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is showing just fine. I only use GE as guidance. Their final results are never according to my taste or necessity.
    Who the hell need Ultra Shadows?
    Edited by Sailor_Palutena on August 31, 2018 4:15PM
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is showing up in my GFE games list... Only once now. For the longest time, it was showing up twice.

Had to bring it up to look; I only use it as a suggestion and for driver updates.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They found out ESO bugs are too much and dont want any association with it :trollface:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso is no longer on my Gforce list as well, it just shows minecraft now, eso gone.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it doesn't show up like the other games show up BUT I can still use by hitting the CTRL + =. For me GeoForce Experience is a bit buggy so doesn't load up all the time so I have to exit ESO and restart it a few times.

When it does load, it works. Weird thing now is when I take a screen shot, the settings for Experience don't load BUT in my One Drive Folder pic/screenshots the Experience pics are loaded there.

So not sure who is to blame. Zenimax or nVidia.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • HousecarlKarl
    HousecarlKarl
    Soul Shriven
    I wondered if it had something to do with my addons... but that doesn't seem to be the case. It does still show in the right hand corner when I open the game... so who knows.
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    You're right. This workarround works. Though a bit stupid that nVidia does't know on which exe file to focus.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I do is just start up nVidia Experience and then close it. Then start ESO normally and it works. Not listed but still can use nVidia Experience when I play.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the latest version of nvidia links to the right executable
  • Vampyre
    Vampyre
    Soul Shriven
    AerunSun wrote: »
    Perhaps the latest version of nvidia links to the right executable

Perhaps for next century, still pending to work natively, still the workaround works.

I wonder why Zos has not even make contact with Nvidia to fix this stupid bug.
  • HousecarlKarl
    HousecarlKarl
    Soul Shriven
    @Hippie4927 I suppose my next questions is how I would add that back? Or where would I even find it?