The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Activity finder - kicked from Veteran Darkshade Caverns I by your group.

Growlspirit
Growlspirit
✭✭
So, i'm little perplexed here. Maybe it is me or maybe folks are just D-bags. I'm a CP 290 Sorc. Still a little new to the game but gear isn't horrible, (Julianos/Netchs.) I use a petless lighting aoe skill spec based on Xynode's template. I'm played MMORPG's all my life starting with Everquest. Been in elite raiding guilds. Not a n00b to the genre by any stretch.

I haven't attempted any Veteran dungeon until Sunday night when Darkshade Caverns I was a pledge. I've soloed Darkshade Caverns I on normal mode about 20 times so I figured I would be O.K. to que for Vet. I can solo most of the dungeons on normal mode including some of the DLC content.

Dungeon starts, I have my headset on with mic, but nobody says a single word the entire time. Get past second boss and see that my group has kicked me? My dps isn't elite but its not horrible. I can sustain 15k on my target dummy. I'm not sure if people count ultimates or not in those tests but with my utlimate my dps sustained is over 25k. It was ONLY a veteran dungeon and seeing as I soloed it 20 times on normal I was pretty familiar with the content. I didn't die, not once. I didn't go afk, not for a second. I have no idea why these people kicked me from this dungeon.

Before any knucklehead says, "learn 2 play," or "get sum skillz," I'd LOVE to. Not exactly sure how to do that when a group that doesn't say anything kicks you from a dungeon. Maybe I"m just naive.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its probably just that your DPS was lower than what the group wanted. Not much you can do in that situation, unless you are looking to work on higher DPS.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 13, 2018 8:00PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That dungeon is easy, and was the pledge recently. Maybe they kicked you to get a friend in the group who only needed to finish half the dungeon or last boss?

You have to be really awful to not be worth carrying through that dungeon - I think its on them, not you.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont take it too hard probably 3 ppl just trolling and kicking low cp people or something. Will happen occasionally keep it cool and keep going dont let such ppl get you down.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the story is true, then there was absolutely zero reason for you to be kicked. 15k is perfectly acceptable dps for that dungeon. If you queued as dps, then they really shouldn't have had an issue with you. Unless there is some other reason they may have removed you, chalk it up to trolls.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join a guild and keep out of groupfinder, only scrubs and fake elitist there anyway.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PUG has those stupid things, the "super pro players" who think players with a cp lower than theirs sucks. Don't be upset, lame elite will still be the lame elite. Happened to me a couple of times, the most funny ones were when I was the last member to die...
    Edited by redlink1979 on August 14, 2018 8:41AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dungeon is easy, and was the pledge recently. Maybe they kicked you to get a friend in the group who only needed to finish half the dungeon or last boss?

You have to be really awful to not be worth carrying through that dungeon - I think its on them, not you.

^ yup, people actually do this
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

100% agree. Not your fault.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Join a guild and keep out of groupfinder, only scrubs and fake elitist there anyway.

Hey I go to group finder - and have cleared many HMs with people in them - and I like going to tank in there, because it's a challenge and can be fun.
  • Fubz21
    Fubz21
    Wouldn't worry about it, I've carried many new players through Dungeons in the activity finder and never kicked any one once, no point (even if they have bad dps). How else are lower level players new to dungeons supposed to learn mechanics?

I tanked WGT the other day with 3 low level players and talked them through it. Took ages though but at least I got a thank you at the end, lol.

I have a similar Sorc setup as you atm (Juli and Netch) and can tell you straight away, you'll be fine in most Vet Dungeons with DPS (may struggle with some DLC ones tho) and I'm only CP 405. If you can solo most dungeons any way it means you can keep yourself alive (Healers dream), I know I can, not very often I need a healer unless in a pinch.

PC (EU)
    1100+ CP
    DK Tank - Main, 9 Trait Crafter
    Necro Tank
    MagSorc DD
    Templar DD
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm perplexed too. Using ultimates in a 3 mil parse is not going to add 10k to your 15k DPS. A 25K parse on 3 mil would take you 120 seconds. The extra 10K DPS would mean your ultimates brought in 1.2 mil damage? Discord in a PUG? A 290 CP sorc soloing some DLC dungeons?

The only thing I don't doubt about this post is that someone was kicked.
  • Growlspirit
    Growlspirit
    ✭✭
    I'll grant you the fact that I'm pretty new here. I've only been playing ESO for four months. I don't have the 3 mil dummy yet, only the free quest one at my house. I get the whole sustainability issue but my magicka never gets low and my build isn't based on burst damage. I since joined a real guild that has one so I will use theirs for now. My last test with some new gear was 22k. I still dont' know the answer to the question if folks count ultimate use in their parses or not.

I've continued to work on my gear. Now I wear Necropotence, Julianos, and Llambris and use a volatile familiar. The whole point of the post was I'm a player who tries to gear up, doesn't afk, has a mic, reads up (my build is straight off Alcast now, was based off Xynode's site,) and I practice my rotation. It was more about wondering what I did wrong to get kicked from a veteran dungeon that I can solo the normal variation of easily, (which at the least would demonstrate a knowledge of the particular mechanics.) I had no idea what I could of done to warrant that.

I think the correct answers are the ones above about being in a PUG. That is a shame because I've done it before a lot and there are some really cool folks. The only real answer is finding a guild. Did my first trial last night so its all good.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, there's a lot of people assuming that every issue in group happens because one of the players is under cp cap *le gasp*. Just ignore them.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 24, 2018 1:57PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question tho, DLC vet dungeons have 300 CP cap before you can queue for one, right? How were you able to queue as 290 cp?

I've done vet WGT at 310 CP and first two DDs left the group as soon as they realized I'm low CP, but I was able to finish it on HM without dying once or losing the aggro on the bosses until the planar inhi (that flame lady) boss, which was still easy to do once the whole group coordinated to play against her.

Funny thing I've seen as many people failing vet content at CP cap as lower CPs. You won't believe how many times I come across a 750cp healer or dd standing right in the danger zones only to die again and again, or trying to attack the bosses while they can't be damaged further due to a mechanic. So like everyone else said, it's not on you, and let's not be like them once we reach higher CPs! I always welcome new people to the dungeons and trials unless he's/she's not communicating and obviously trolling us.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    They kicked you because they're jerks who either had a friend who wanted your place or didn't like the fact you are a low cp with low-ish dps. You could and can easily do darkshade 1 on vet, so don't let this dishearten you.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥