The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting packages?

bee_tiswasnot
bee_tiswasnot
✭✭✭
What about an option to post packages of crafted items in a guild store? For example, a pair of swords from the same set, for sale as a single item—or a package of five matched pieces of medium armour from the same set, or whatever. This would help new players understand how important set synergies are, and it would ease the pain of searching half of Tamriel for items belonging to the same set with similar traits. Non crafters could be offered the same option for packaging dropped gear. Much the same thinking could be applied to sales of furnishings—I can see some imaginations really running riot there.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a new idea (been in the forums before) ... but it’s still a good idea.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 30, 2018 10:52PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flip side is that those would not appeal to anyone who's trying to complete a set. However, the market can decide if it's a good idea or not, only when it's possible.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The flip side is that those would not appeal to anyone who's trying to complete a set. However, the market can decide if it's a good idea or not, only when it's possible.

This is very true, but I suspect that many casual players would be very grateful for the chance of picking up a no-bother suit of armour, with all the decisions taken for them and enchants in place, even if they already have some of the bits. There appears to be a particular need for players above level 30 and below CP160, quite a few of whom appear to struggle through the content without picking up anything like a sensible armour set. Or at least, there is such a need based on what I see around the place. There probably isn’t so much need for weapon packages, but the drops offer not control over the traits on weapons, whereas as crafters, we are in control.

I seldom dip into the forums, because (apart from crafting) they are generally full of schoolroom spats, but the general drift of the arguments often is that many players don’t ever learn to play. I can understand why they don’t, because ESO is a very complex game and there are so many conflicting didacts on the web that I think many casual players get confused and decide they won’t ever understand it. Nor, probably, do some of them have time to understand it, if they have day jobs and are old enough to have families. With ventures like packaging though, the community can take some responsibility for helping those players out, by providing pre-built solutions. It can take a long time to assemble a matched set or armour with sensible traits, as everyone here will know, I am sure. We can sell them off the peg—suits you, sir!

This is one of the areas where ZOS could also help by posting a few more videos to show what the effect can be of selecting armour and weapon sets correctly, and matching them with the correct passives, ending, as always, with ‘And if the flashing red lines appear children, don’t forget to interrupt’ :) I digress. Anyway, this may well have been considered and discarded by the devs, but I think it still has potential to smooth the path for many and to improve thei enjoyment of the game.