The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

skill book "The Joys of Jewelry Crafting" doesn't level jewelry crafting

Mystrius_Archaion
Mystrius_Archaion
✭✭✭✭✭
I saved the book "The Joys of Jewelry Crafting" for when I was nearly done with jewelry crafting leveling on my alt to get the most use out of it. So here I am, level 48 jewelry, and the book has the yellow glow right next to the station in Alinor Summerset and I read it and....nothing happens.
The yellow glow disappeared but no skill level raise.

This would be comical if it wasn't so aggravating how many bugs this game has with things that used to work well and shouldn't have been changed at all yet keep seeing changes affectign them that are not documented in patch notes nor is the code just in each patch checked for errors.
I'm just tired of it and very soon going to jump ship.
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's because that book isn't a skill book. The two books you are looking for are Jewels of Yokuda and The Pretension of High Elf Jewellery.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's because that book isn't a skill book. The two books you are looking for are Jewels of Yokuda and The Pretension of High Elf Jewellery.

Those are yes, but I could have sworn the one next to the jewelry crafting station in Alinor was a skill book. Maybe they changed which book is there.

I don't know anymore since things just aren't consistent.
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    only the 2 mentioned above...there were always crating-related books near the stations, that gave you some info about the craft in question, but I never noticed them to be skill books...
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    to clarify further, there is a different station that does have the "Pretension..." skill book, and that's the one near Augury Basin, not the Alinor one. That may have helped to cause the mixup.

Options