Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's Time For Me To Buy a House/Mansion/??? But Which?

DrOuttaSight
DrOuttaSight
✭✭✭
I would like a house with a basement, and a roof top room, plus I would like to put Items on the roof.. I purchased a house in Sentinel, House of the Silent Magnifico in Sentinel (Alik'r Desert), no basement, and even though It is 3 tier house the house editor will not allow anything to be put on the flat part of the roof.

At the time of buying my very first house I didn't know it would come with restrictions, even though it gave me the option of renaming the house, at the time of buying, the option failed to rename the house (Bug!)?

So I'm looking for another place..
Flat roof so I can place items on.
A basement,
If it comes with a large garden outside, I must be able to remove pools, wells, trees, bushes, shrubs to make space where needed, or simply to change/move everything around.
It must be able to hold a large amount of animated items, stations, in house and outside.

If I'm going to spend a lot of gold it would be great that a place ticks all the "I would like" boxes.

Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
Feed the needy Not the greedy
In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    buying a house is a personal choice, have a look at forsaken stronghold if you want a tip, enough space to fool around a bit. but there are sooo many houses out there, best is to take an hour and port to all I fear :)

have fun
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    hundings palatial hall, you can build a way from the one tower to the rooftop :) (and generally connect all exits) if you don't like the well just place some planks on it i suppose XD
    i love how big the house is, i don't regret buying it c: but not sure if you would like it
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    The only house I can think of that would fit your requirements would be the Hunding's Palatial Hall (sort of), though Daggerfall Overlook has 3 inside floors, as does Ebonheart Chateau. Hundings also comes with a nice bit of gardens. Theoretically, you could play around with one of the two major houses in Vvardenfell. One of which has a balcony area already that you could expand (Amaya Lake Lodge).

@Alassirana

SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Palatial Hall has a great rooftop for building on, but no basement -- two floor interior, thought! Also has balconies and a tower.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t think there’s any that have basements which also allow rooftop buildings.... it tends to be one or the other, that said Hundings Hall is quite big, has a flat roof that you can build on, it has 2 floors, a tower, and your own private beach!

Otherwise you got the likes of Daggerfall overlook, has a nice courtyard, a tower, 3 interior levels with an escape hatch into the ocean. (There’s no flat roof that you can build on but you can get up to the 2nd floor balconies on the outside)
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    All Awesome choices, thanks guys :)

I was looking at Forsaken Stronghold and Hunding's Palatial Hall the other day..
    just how much stuff can you place in them?

Does a place exist that will last 5yrs of playing ESO hahahaha (wishful thinking) :D

Has anyone (that has gold to burn) made a max limit list of content, animated content on every building that is available to purchase using gold?
    I think it would be useful see what you will actually get, and removable wise for the gold that you spend.

I forgot to add in my first post that I have up to 2 million gold to spend, (which took me a long time to save),
    that's why I started the thread in here, also, I don't run a Guild or plan to run a Guild.

As long as ESO doesn't get too repetitive... I think I will be playing ESO for a long time...

*Edited to correct typo
    Edited by DrOuttaSight on August 26, 2018 8:22PM

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Lots of useful info
    Very very helpful

Thank you for the link Kiyakotari :)
    Edited by DrOuttaSight on August 28, 2018 7:34PM

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Forsaken Stronghold is probably one of the best options, but it has too big available space for just 600 furniture slots available, there is a vast area on the back where I had no idea what to place so it remains empty. There is a valley without water that looks weird without water, there is a huge open space above it that can be filled with eg. daedric floating mountains or a flying ship or whatever. But it has no basement and it's orcish and very specific.

One of the unique houses is the Morrowing's Ald Velothi Harbor House, with a nice round basement for either a pantry or a cementery and very nice place on the top, you can make a lighthose there and have a great view from a high roof. But the house is just average.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the chance, download the PTS.
    If I remember correctly you can purchase houses for 1gold there.
    That way you can just take a few wooden planks and see how tall / wide you can build structures, and plan to build your own structures in addition to the existing house.

Be sure to report any bugs you find back to ZOS, that is after-all what the PTS is for - but it should also give you some scope on what is possible in any of the houses that you like.

Alternatively join a housing guild / big trade guild and see if people will let you view their properties.

Personally I love the Daggerfall overlook - though it is a bit above your current budget.
    I recently decorated Mournoth, and its a really nice building with lots of land - But there is no basement.
    Similarly, on a larger scale is Forsaken Stronghold, again nice house in the Orc style, huge inside (no basement) but you can build upwards again.
    Gardner House in Wayrest, fantastic position wise. Really large inside with a separate basement, but being a city property the outside space is small.
    Hundings Palatial is such a lot of space for the Gold. You can certainly stamp your mark on this property.
    Again no basement, but outbuildings you could alter.
    The Goronir Estate is huge too. It comes with 3 (I think) separate tree 'Pods' that you could turn into different rooms.

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To let you see what you can build in The Forsaken Stronghold's valley, here a sample of my deadly prison pit (long ago levelled to the ground, now there is a floating daedric Island :) ). Once you jumped inside you permanently died, tested by myself :D.

zDRfGHi.jpg
    33ovwbv.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    If you have the chance, download the PTS.
    If I remember correctly you can purchase houses for 1gold there.
    That way you can just take a few wooden planks and see how tall / wide you can build structures, and plan to build your own structures in addition to the existing house.
    My internet connection is 20meg (just because I'm a short distance from the telephone exchange), I once tried to download the PTS server files or file, and it would have taken me forever, so I aborted the download until I get a faster connection.
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Alternatively join a housing guild / big trade guild and see if people will let you view their properties.
    Great Idea.
    Gargath wrote: »
    To let you see what you can build in The Forsaken Stronghold's valley, here a sample of my deadly prison pit (long ago levelled to the ground, now there is a floating daedric Island :) ). Once you jumped inside you permanently died, tested by myself :D.
    Cool!!

I did read somewhere awhile back that each house/manor/abode/dwelling/place.... are low limited to the amount of animated items.
    I'm really confused as to what are classed as animated items?
    Mounts, cats, dogs (animals of ESO description) Ok!, no brainer.
    But...
    Unsure about Crafting Stations, (Jewelry), any ESO item that has animated fire?.
    I'm guessing that other Crafting Stations are classed as normal items?

On the subject of basements..
    It's a great pity that when constructing/building/designing a house/place whatever..
    that you can not dig down, (add structural pillars for the foundation), and make/design/construct a basement.

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most items with animated elements, but also crafting stations, training skeletons etc., are normal items and there are plenty such objects from various achievements and plans. As for me, I was doing most of the overland achievements on my main just to be able to buy all their special furniture objects. It's definitely worth the time.

As for the basement, some big houses really don't need them. The Forsaken Stronghold for example is already huge inside and outside, with an additional basement it could be too large for just 600 items. There is enough room for a library, laboratory and workshop with all crafting stations and if you need your own graveyard, the nearby valley suits best.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added 3 of the Orcish Tent - Soldiers (purchased with crowns) to my yard.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/?s=orcish+tent
    The other 2 tents are larger and a little more expensive.

They are much larger than I imagined, and could easily accommodate 3 crafting stations in each.
    I set mine up as actual tents, they house 3 beds, 3 rugs, a small table and 2 storage trunks, so plenty of scope for making them work as different things.

If you don't want to use crowns, there are other tents available to buy / craft. Alternatively build a separate building yourself to house your craft area, using boards / platforms etc.
    I'll post some photos over the weekend when Mournoth is all finished :)