The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

No point to shields or healers

reprosal
reprosal
✭✭✭✭✭
Probably the new business card slogan at the studio.

There is no point to shields or healers in the new 4 man DLC dungeons. It is all one shot or bust.

Great way to promote even more class diversity and roles.

[edited title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 28, 2018 3:55PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you faceroll dlc dungeons on vet HM I'm glad for you, but keep in midn there are alot of players who can't do this. so yeah let's do what elitist part wants?
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    But it's not all one shots...
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »

There is no point to shields or healers in the new 4 man DLC dungeons. It is all one shot or bust.

[edited title]

Maybe you're playing counter strike?
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭

[edited title]

So you just drop statements without any source? what about you linking a video of your 4 DPS team finish them?

The new DLC dungeons in Veteran and Hard Mode are pretty hard to complete without a proper team and mechanic knowledge.

If YOU and YOUR MATES can finish them by just kill things quick, very good for you (but i doubt it, pretty sure jus just complete a normal run and dont know what are you talking about).

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be a devil's advocate for a moment and will risk saying that dungeon is indeed a bit overtuned towards a lot of damage coming in one serving. I tried out vet, we had a very experienced tandem of healer and tank - and I would carefully say that the dungeon feels to be really stressing the tank and taking away some of the healer's opportunities. Archivist and his hulks seem to push the group towards going all out on burning the adds fast, because after they turn, the chance for the tank to be one-shot is quite high, blocking or not. Maybe those moments could be toned down some.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on August 29, 2018 8:42AM
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not saying that they are an easy dungeon. Yes I have cleared Vet HM but I was mostly joking around at the whole shield nerf debate.

I am mostly saying that there isn’t much reason to bring a healer to Moon Hunter Keep at all since there is no fight that really requires focussed heals. It is really demoralizing to people who want to play a healer. Not saying a buff role isn’t warranted but yea..
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you faceroll dlc dungeons on vet HM I'm glad for you, but keep in midn there are alot of players who can't do this. so yeah let's do what elitist part wants?

His point is stating all the damage is one shots, not that he face rolls the dungeons.

Those of us that have been in there know not all the damage is one shots so my guess is OP is just bitter because he is dying a lot and probably having trouble clearing it.

Since DLC dungeons are more about mechanics than anything else if one is not managing mechanics well the dungeon there are consequences. Get the mechanics down and the dungeon is much easier.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

His point is stating all the damage is one shots, not that he face rolls the dungeons.

Those of us that have been in there know not all the damage is one shots so my guess is OP is just bitter because he is dying a lot and probably having trouble clearing it.

Since DLC dungeons are more about mechanics than anything else if one is not managing mechanics well the dungeon there are consequences. Get the mechanics down and the dungeon is much easier.

We have it cleared.... it is just a stupid vision that difficulty = one shot mechanics vs. Punishing groups for not having enough healing output.

That is my arguement.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I kept getting one banged on normal :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so someone agrees with ZOS that healers have it too easy and Wards need a nerf. Blimey.

Hang on a minute........is this a NerfSorc thread in disguise?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neverwinter had similiar issues... healers were redundant and self heals were crazy good or you got 1shk....

Crap game.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not presented in the best manner, but I see the OPs point. There's almost nothing in this game that can't be overcome by sheer dps. They've attempted to make dungeons less of a pure dps race by introducing mechanics which have to be known and respected else death.

Some of the newer dungeons have balanced that really well, vWGT and vet Falkreath are the ones what come to mind first. But most are closer to the OPs point, that the fights have burn phases followed by mechanics phases that 1-shot players. There's not much incremental damage coming in, and players are being forced to spread out so much that we are better off relying on self buffs over heal/tank provided buffs.

Since there's no point to HoTs in these fights, and the burst damage will be faster and in excess of burst heals, and half the party will be out of range during the mechanics phases, there's limited use for a healer . Most groups would be better served by a 3rd dps with self buffs.
    Edited by Reverb on August 29, 2018 11:09PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I queued for a random normal and ofc got a new dlc dungeon and it took me a LONG time to get thru one of them. I was the healer. My dps absolutely died to 30k+ hits A LOT. I even told one of the guys sorry I was late sending and orb and he told me “orbs won’t help a 60k hit”
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say you class representatives are listening to your concerns.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Agree, and it's obvious. So why Zos and class representatives talking about shields and not about wrong one shot mechanic then?
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dude is saying that even with shields and healers it doesnt matter, everything one shots you.

for example, the melle guy from the trio of the first boss in March of Sacrifices on NORMAL was hitting me for half my health on my max CP trial specced tank with 32k resistances, and optimal mitigation CP allocation.

heaven forbid the pug group with the low CP tank meandering in to one shot left right and centre.

Edited by SquareSausage on August 29, 2018 7:38PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed the one shot mechanics, they offer some of the greatest challenge in the game.

Shields and healers still have their part in dlc dungeons which feature one shot mechanics, imho.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine with 1 shot abilities don’t get me wrong. But when the majority of the trash leading up to bosses is more of a threat than the boss itself, it is kind of silly.

It really is just another way of favoring a ranged DPS. And no, shileds and healers do nothing for moon hunter keep on certain encounters. Especially with the block issue going on as of late.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...majority of the trash leading up to bosses is more of a threat than the boss itself, it is kind of silly. <...> It really is just another way of favoring a ranged DPS.

Actually that, too. I'm staying true to my stam DK self, but I'm growing a magblade the meta is forcing down my throat, and even while undergeared, with 32k damage (which is less than I can do on DK), with some passives still not in place and chaotic rotation, I feel more and more like I'm playing easy mode. And the content is to blame here. The hulks in MHK is quite a good example where kiting, evading and staying at range is preferable to even facing them as a tank, let alone being close to them as a squishy melee DPS in medium armor. It's not a good situation to begin with when damage dealers can bypass mechanics by burning through it with excess of damage - but it adds insult to injury when a great healer can't heal through same mechanics thanks to the abundance of one-shots.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... look at the pathing issues with the hulking werewolves on the ‘Playstation’ boss in MHK... They are fine if their swipe conical attack is facing the boss, but god forbid he has to step over a thread in the rug and does a 180 real quick which kills a stam player.

(I play MagNB for 4 man content).