Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why?

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I’m running around Cyrodiil tonight, mostly at a fight at the Chalamo. I kill a guy, then some guy from behind kills me. We both I assume respawn and we repeat possibly with different foes or maybe not.

Maybe go for a kill when suddenly a bunch of your own faction also attack the same target and you realize you did little beyond a LA ability weave.

Maybe you go for a fight when suddenly 20 enemies jump you each with their own LA into ability weave. You respawn just the same.

Got me to thinking; “why am I on this loop?”

Death is meaningless; therefore winning is meaningless. I’m not sure what can be done to add meaning or for me to just STFU and just have fun.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    break time maybe...

getting ready to start my 36th 30 day campaign...

I'm fully expecting more or less the same as the last 35 campaigns...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some say life itself is meaningless, and nothing we do matters on a universal scale.

tenor.gif?itemid=3457152

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winning in combat is definitely meaningless on its own, it's up to you to either enjoy the process or not. I hope you wind up enjoying it, more players is more fun in my book!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have a goal to work towards or just enjoy the fun of PvP and playing with friends there isn't much Cyrodiil offers.

Just do it if it's fun, if not try something else my Battlegrounds or PvE.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont see point in Cyrodiil, go to other PvP modes. IC is trilling to some point, and BGs are PvP packed with action.
    or just take a break from PvP and go quest a bit, do dungeons, craft some stuff.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    break time maybe...

getting ready to start my 36th 30 day campaign...

I'm fully expecting more or less the same as the last 35 campaigns...

That is the best answer.
    Besides, the reason you play the game is that you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it but keep coming back you are officially addicted.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I suppose it’s time to do some PVE or other modes of PVP. Still have some catching up on CP to do. Do battle grounds reward xp?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death is cheap. That's a good thing, because when I was learning to PVP, I died a lot.

Sure, sometimes we have to kill an enemy raid two or three times before they are dead dead. But its totally worth it for the times we wipe, come back, and wipe the enemy.

Death is cheap. I'm pretty okay with that.

Now, when I'm getting tired of the endless Aleswell to Chalman corridor or Alessia bridge fights, yeah, it's time to take a break before I fall into deapair over the pointlessness of it all. I mean, EP, why do we roll up to Alessia or Bleakers if we're not going to set down siege?!
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different parts of the game, or different builds is what keeps me going. I get bored rather quickly with repeating the same content over and over. I guess that's why I can't seem to level up my mages guild line...
    PS4 NA
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    The existential gaming dread you're experiencing comes from zerg surfing, and yes it tends be very boring and feel meaningless for many players - though it seems for a good deal of others to be the right kind of PvP.

I would recommend trying to identify what scale of PvP you find the most fun, and then focus on that. You have players that enjoy the large scale (organized) in raid environments of 12+. Then you have small scale of up to about 6 or so. Then there's 2vX and 1vX - more risk of boredom trying to find a decent fight, but perhaps also higher potential reward when you win.

Also, if you're not in comms with friends, you're missing out on half the game, which is complaining about ESO, laughing at yourself and friends getting rekt etc. The social aspect of a game like this is what makes it fun and is where you can derive meaning.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Life, err, finds a way.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm really, really, really, really, really, really glad that ESO doesn't have a system where you lose all the gear you're carrying when you die in PvP. LOL There are games out there, though, that have that super hardcore PvP style, OP. EVE is the first one that comes to mind.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do anything in this crazy mixed up world? For a sense of purpose? The feeling of a job well done?
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So I’m running around Cyrodiil tonight, mostly at a fight at the Chalamo. I kill a guy, then some guy from behind kills me. We both I assume respawn and we repeat possibly with different foes or maybe not.

Maybe go for a kill when suddenly a bunch of your own faction also attack the same target and you realize you did little beyond a LA ability weave.

Maybe you go for a fight when suddenly 20 enemies jump you each with their own LA into ability weave. You respawn just the same.

Death is meaningless; therefore winning is meaningless. I’m not sure what can be done to add meaning or for me to just STFU and just have fun.

Stop zerging.

Go to the meeting point of the other two factions so that everyone you see wants to kill you, and every kill you get will be your own.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Stop zerging.

Go to the meeting point of the other two factions so that everyone you see wants to kill you, and every kill you get will be your own.

At the time I made this post, I was running mostly solo. Zerg surfing at times but mostly at the outskirts or after the battle left fighting stragglers. I find them to be easier targets than going to some resource to fight some 1vxers at the moment, but point taken. Sometimes when you get a good fight and you are close to the zergs, one of you will get it. Just not sure I am good enough to be trying the remote location without spending a lot of time on my mount.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I'm really, really, really, really, really, really glad that ESO doesn't have a system where you lose all the gear you're carrying when you die in PvP. LOL There are games out there, though, that have that super hardcore PvP style, OP. EVE is the first one that comes to mind.

Check D-Scan :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should stick to dueling then. Not sure why there even is a thread of this though.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should stick to dueling then. Not sure why there even is a thread of this though.

Sorry. Will just return to posts about lag or what’s OP. Didn’t mean to not repeat the same thing for the millionth time.