Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Starting Zones

Solomon_Cato
Solomon_Cato
✭✭
So I just rolled a Breton Nightblade, and somehow ended up in Stonefalls. Is this correct? Did I do something wrong? Not really complaining since I like the area for a starter, but was just looking for some clarification as to what determines starting zone.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    There used to be starter islands that you started on after coldharbour, but some people complained it was too linear, so they drop you in the city first.

The first npc with a quest you see should give you a quest to lead you to the starter island for your faction.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Well I'm really just curious due to faction reasons, Bretons are Daggerfall Covenant, so was just curious that I should have ended up in Glenumbra instead.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you pre-ordered you unlock the ability to play any race in any faction. If your screen started with a race of a different faction selected, then you changed the selected race, the faction doesn't automatically change.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    That would be the answer, thanks Seraseth.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    You bought the edition that lets you join any alliance with any race. If hurried through character creation it is easy to miss that the alliance defaults. You wound up in the Ebonheart Pact simply by default.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the starter zones are still there and usable. In each city where you are dumped now there will be someone on a boat or ship that will offer to take you back to the starter zone for that alliance.

I really wish ZOS hadn't given in to those few high profile complaints from the press.
    The original flow of the starting areas was fine. Those press guys only played for a couple of hours, got confused, complaint and here we are today with a broken logic for the start of the whole damn game.
    :(
    Edited by SirAndy on April 4, 2014 3:31AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame Shoddycast.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    All the starter zones are still there and usable. In each city where you are dumped now there will be someone on a boat or ship that will offer to take you back to the starter zone for that alliance.

I really wish ZOS hadn't given in to those few high profile complaints from the press.
    The original flow of the starting areas was fine. Those press guys only played for a couple of hours, got confused, complaint and here we are today with a broken logic for the start of the whole damn game.
    :(

I can totally understand your issues with how the flow is. It kind of confused me at first as well, but I was able to figure it out pretty quick. So in all, it's kind of a miniscule thing to me, but I get the issue.

As far as starting zone goes, I remembered reading about being able to chose any alliance, I was just a total twerp and forgot about it. Good thing is I ended up in a zone that I actually like the most, so truly no complaint.
    Edited by Solomon_Cato on April 4, 2014 5:03PM