Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Launch and New Trailer"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article Launch and New Trailer.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 4, 2014 2:42PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny that you've gone ahead with launch promotion, but haven't addressed the mega-thread on the forums about how angry people are about the hidden pre-auth charge messing up people's bank accounts.
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny that you've gone ahead with launch promotion, but haven't addressed the mega-thread on the forums about how angry people are about the hidden pre-auth charge messing up people's bank accounts.

Agreed, a point which I also made on their FB-page...
    When they can sell they respond quickly, but if there are problems they can be dead silent..
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, a point which I also made on their FB-page...
    When they can sell they respond quickly, but if there are problems they can be dead silent..

Exactly why ZoS is more than likely destined to fail, they've yet to demonstrate that they understand or care about their customers bottom line, only their own so far.
  • Blakkheim
    Blakkheim
    ✭✭
    I haven't gone to GameStop yet to pick up my Imperial Edition, but how much is the preauthorization? It's usually only $1, but the way you guys are making it sound like, it's a lot more than that.

Is ZOE then charging the full amount as a preauthorization? So if you want 6 months, you're getting charged for the full 6 months now as a preauthorization? If you don't have the funds, you're getting chargebacks from your bank. Ouch.

Thanks for the heads up guys.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Blakkheim wrote: »
    I haven't gone to GameStop yet to pick up my Imperial Edition, but how much is the preauthorization? It's usually only $1, but the way you guys are making it sound like, it's a lot more than that.

Is ZOE then charging the full amount as a preauthorization? So if you want 6 months, you're getting charged for the full 6 months now as a preauthorization? If you don't have the funds, you're getting chargebacks from your bank. Ouch.

That's exactly what's happening @Blakkheim they're charging a full preauth, so if you go 180 days, you're looking at an $80 chunk of your bank account unavailable for up to a week with some banks.
  • spartycus
    spartycus
    ✭✭✭
    agreed some people cant even play the game they paid $80 bucks for because they don't own a card or don't have the funds in their account to pay for a full month. It was suppose to be a FREE month, not something with a credit card attached.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blakkheim wrote: »

That's exactly what's happening @Blakkheim they're charging a full preauth, so if you go 180 days, you're looking at an $80 chunk of your bank account unavailable for up to a week with some banks.

I wasn't charged anything yet and I set up the 180 day sub plan. Stop fear mongering. If you actually read the announcement post that was made you'd see the facts.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways, on the topic. Best trailer yet of the series. Kind of curious how we got from the last one to this one though. In the last one the Elf chick was being carried away by the Nord. Now she is being held and used for some kind of spell by a Necromancer or something and the Nord is just walking about, can assume he's on the same side as they holding her I guess? Kind of confused about the plot.

But yeah overall all awesome trailer ZOS.
    Edited by Pang on April 4, 2014 3:52PM
  • Tahoenvy
    Tahoenvy
    I loved it.
  • Tiero_ORoark
    It's funny how in this trailer the daggerfall covenant is almost completely out of the picture while in the game they're the ones completely dominating the campaign I'm in...
  • randwlcx
    randwlcx
    Soul Shriven
    Off topic - to address the payment issue
    -
    I can only speak for US and my bank. But what is being said is not true for me. A pre-auth only validates it is a valid bank card. That's it, the charge is minimal and rolls off almost immediately based on the rules of the bank and card service being used.

However if you are experiencing longer holds it has nothing to do with ZOS. It is how the bank and card servicer handle these type of transactions. ZOS is just a consumer of these services like all companies. (I.E. some services place a hold on debit cards at a gas pump and some do not).

A valid complaint maybe for folks that use a game card. Since you have to buy those. But requiring a payment method for a subscription is standard practice in all MMO's.

Here is my receipt - minus personal data

Transaction Receipt
    Customer Name: *****
    Credit Card: *****

Total $0.00 USD
    Subscription Information
    You have selected the following subscription plan:
    •180 Day Subscription
    •$77.94 USD every 180 days

When your account runs out of Game Time, you will be automatically billed $77.94 + applicable taxes for another 180 days of game time. We will charge your payment method ( Credit Card: *****)

And on topic. Another great trailer.

Edited by randwlcx on April 4, 2014 4:29PM
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Just a reminder to please keep the conversation on-topic, and relating to the discussion at hand.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • LordHughes
    LordHughes
    Soul Shriven
    So do we know the identities of these main characters in the two trailers? Also, when did these events occur in relation to the main storyline?

Basically, who is who? lol.
  • parkingmeterub17_ESO
    Pang wrote: »
    Anyways, on the topic. Best trailer yet of the series. Kind of curious how we got from the last one to this one though. In the last one the Elf chick was being carried away by the Nord. Now she is being held and used for some kind of spell by a Necromancer or something and the Nord is just walking about, can assume he's on the same side as they holding her I guess? Kind of confused about the plot.

The Nord must have taken her as a trophy/prisoner. What I'm confused about, is that the defenders seem to be necromancers or daedric followers, and not specifically the Aldmeri Dominion. It also looked like the Argonians were used as slave labor, and I thought that they were on more equal footing as part of the Ebonheart Pact in this time period. Whichever the case, this trailer is straight up awesome, and I hope they continue to show parts of this story line!
  • Catniss87
    Catniss87
    this game has def surpassed my expectations im not a hug fan of MMO and this has been the best 5 days playing this GREAT WORK ESO :)
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed. Very impressed. Maybe I'm easily impressed. But I'm impressed.

With the trailer, that is.

Just kidding, I like the game, too. Thing is: tell me that's NOT the last trailer. Tell me we're going to see another one. And is there a list of the actors that appeared in this film series?

Very well done. Bravo.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I like how the trailers seem to be following these three characters and how they evolve as the story unfolds. :)
  • Wickenheiser
    Cool trailer!
  • psylent
    psylent
    Soul Shriven
    Loving it so far, as someone who doesn't like MMOs, I like this, it retains enough of the elder scrolls feel (very oblivion I reckon) to make it all kinds of awesome.

Would love to see a FOV option, 1st person mode feels a little cramped, FOV of about 90 or 100 is kind of a minimum for 1st person I think, it would be good to have the option to change it. (I know it's been mentioned and discussed previously but it can't hurt to keep it in mind).
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JasonL wrote: »
    Hey there, everyone. Just a reminder to please keep the conversation on-topic, and relating to the discussion at hand.

Thanks!

I think asking why instead of addressing customer concerns, you're creating more launch hype and trying to get more customers to ante up is very valid to the post topic.
  • Grumblestiltskin
    Grumblestiltskin
    ✭✭✭
    Totally blown away by the game so far.

PS Use paypal if you can. I'm all set up with no temp charges at all.
    Edited by Grumblestiltskin on April 4, 2014 6:13PM
    PATS - Positively Against Acronyms that don't make Sense
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Use paypal if you can. I'm all set up with no temp charges at all.

Guess you were lucky there have been charges with paypal..

• Donarion
    Donarion
    Awesome trailer! Wish we actually knew who these character were though.
  • randwlcx
    randwlcx
    Soul Shriven
    Pang wrote: »
    Kind of confused about the plot.

The Nord must have taken her as a trophy/prisoner. What I'm confused about, is that the defenders seem to be necromancers or daedric followers, and not specifically the Aldmeri Dominion. It also looked like the Argonians were used as slave labor, and I thought that they were on more equal footing as part of the Ebonheart Pact in this time period. Whichever the case, this trailer is straight up awesome, and I hope they continue to show parts of this story line!

Played Pack, and the slave issue is mentioned in several plots lines. Appears the Pack has a very uneasy alliance.
  • parkingmeterub17_ESO
    randwlcx wrote: »

Played Pack, and the slave issue is mentioned in several plots lines. Appears the Pack has a very uneasy alliance.

I also played Pack, and most references were about the how Argonians 'had been' slaves, and dealing with the aftermath/retribution/etc.

I'd really like to see regular content from Lawrence Schick the loremaster providing more context and sub-stories. Please?!?
  • Yew
    Yew
    Soul Shriven
    First, I am in my free 30 days, even have statements from bank and ESO that nothing will be charged until 30 days are up, all went great. As with comment above I used Paypal.

I have been an Elder Scrolls groupie since Red Guard. Have quite decided to do this game right, will be at it forever. So far, I find it amazing, graphically and awesomely (is there such a word?) I can only speak for me. I will be at this game for a very long time.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story is not over. When should we expect the next episode? Together with Craglorn?
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    QUESTION for the DEV'S regarding launch : Lots of people are confused about dungeon runs, group content etc in regards to AGGRO and HATE and TANKING. Can anyone clarify these things for the community?
  • Nacht
    Nacht
    ✭✭✭
    Why are there no Kajiit in any of the trailers? They're supposed to be the meelee equivalent to the nords, apparently. Why go with all round ears, lizards, and pointy ears?
    Life is like a pack of wolves -

If you don't face it head on it'll come at you from all sides and rip your throat out.
  • Ghostieke
    Ghostieke
    *** awesome trailer again u should make a film over time with these trailers for all those who helped with the closed betas ;)
    Crazy ??? ...... Yes , I am B) and Whats you're excuse ??? >:)