Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need more personalities!

Starlock
Starlock
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For those of us who play this game with a focus on character concept and role play, personalities can make a big difference in polishing our characters. Initially, all personalities were crown store only releases. Later, one came to us through a quest line. A few have been limited time offerings. All of these sources are accssible to the character focused players like myself, but that trend seems to have ended. The last two personalities released have been gated behind content that is impossible to do for most non-competitive, character/RP focused players. Can we please, please have some personality releases we can actually get and use next time? Aka, put it in the crown store?
Edited by Starlock on August 19, 2018 1:39PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasssss ! I dream of an Archcanon Tarvus personality because his walking animation is so darn good.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    More personalities to earn through questing would be great
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh yes please, i have so many characters that i always struggle with the personalities >__<' i missed the brassy assassin and the zombie one so i hope they come back. really sad the last two are behind hard content :(

how about a warrior/knight personality where someone is like polishing or leaning on their sword, or more sneaky and funny ones?
    Or! a better angry one, the one we currently have is nice but it could be better i guess, including walking and idle animations
    hmm so many possibilities i guess (and i am sure there are people with better ideas XD )
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! And it would be awesome if we could make the existing personalities more usable. If it's not too much work, I think it would look better to see a random rotation of idles, rather than having your character stand there for hours tossing a dagger around or in a constant crouch.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Yasssss ! I dream of an Archcanon Tarvus personality because his walking animation is so darn good.

An ‘elder’ personalty would be cool if we have a wizened and gray character in our roster. That’s what Tavus kinda reminds me of.

A ‘swashbuckler’ personality that is a bit foppish (but not jester foppish - the walk/run in that made me give it a pass) and cavalier.

A second emotions pack with three in the pack could include ‘fearful’ (some Morrowind NPCs have this animation where they are constantly looking over their shoulder as if paranoid something is sneaking ip behind them), ‘peaceful’ (a serene expression and graceful gestures), and ‘fidgety’ (idle could use some of the bored emotes and generally looking impatient).

Lots of possibilities!
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to mix&match specific animations from a personality pack to another. Like, idk, the angry personality idle with the assassin walk, etc !
    Edited by Itacira on August 19, 2018 10:18PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a female personality style that isn't quite so 'stuck-up Princessy' like 'Dutchess' is! I'd love a stealthy, light-footed, graceful & far-seeing personality that would bring my bow-armed Warden to life. I use the 'Happy' one now, but the yawning and bouncing-on-toes gets tiresome!
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    Customizable personalities would be lit. Could break down into several categories;

1. Stance
    2. Walk
    3. run
    4. idle
    5. Limb animations
    6. ???
    7. ???

and so on. Customize current personalities or make your own. I don't even think it would be that hard to pull off really.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerge wrote: »
    Customizable personalities would be lit. Could break down into several categories;

1. Stance
    2. Walk
    3. run
    4. idle
    5. Limb animations
    6. ???
    7. ???

and so on. Customize current personalities or make your own. I don't even think it would be that hard to pull off really.

+1

Some personalities have some great animations, but then I dislike something like the Idle one.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the Assassin personality, though I don't use it because of the constant, constant, constant dagger flipping. The dagger flipping is an absolutely great animation, and I truly love it, I just also truly hate how ...constant it is. I wanted to say frequent instead of constant, but it happens so often that frequent isn't a strong enough descriptor. If I could do one thing- tone down the frequency of the dagger manipulation- then my Khajiit would be so very, very happy.

I haven't found any other personality that is 100% fitting for any other characters. Part of some, yes, but nothing out-of-the-box. I'd love more personalities, and ways to modify/use parts of existing ones!
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting for the Tracker Personality for my Stamina Warden Bosmer.
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember that some personalities were datamined but never actually released. Bracing Wind, Breton Hero, Bound, Maniac, and Torch. Although the only one I think is still in the game's data is Breton Hero.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on August 23, 2018 9:59AM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    Waiting for the Tracker Personality for my Stamina Warden Bosmer.

Sadly, this was datamined as an emote, not a personality. A lot of people wish that it was destined for personality, but as far as we know, it's not.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazanti wrote: »
    I really like the Assassin personality, though I don't use it because of the constant, constant, constant dagger flipping. The dagger flipping is an absolutely great animation, and I truly love it, I just also truly hate how ...constant it is. I wanted to say frequent instead of constant, but it happens so often that frequent isn't a strong enough descriptor. If I could do one thing- tone down the frequency of the dagger manipulation- then my Khajiit would be so very, very happy.

I haven't found any other personality that is 100% fitting for any other characters. Part of some, yes, but nothing out-of-the-box. I'd love more personalities, and ways to modify/use parts of existing ones!

They should change that dagger flipping idle to an emote that is only used on command. It is really bad, yeah?
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about.:
    - Tracker
    - Swordsman
    - Banker/Trader (no. not Scholar)
    - Obsessed
    - Priest
    - Smith
    - Lizard
    - Pacrooti/Pacruti
    - Hyperactive
    - Elegant (male duchess)
    - Lover
    - Soldier
    - Sportsman
    - Crazy
    - Pirate
    - Hag
    - Challanger
    - Dancer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “don’t give us unique rewards through achievements, just let sell them for cash” thread before. Can’t say I agree with it, but points for originality.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, when it comes to personality options, I for one would still enjoy seeing stuff like...

Khajiit clichee pesonality - with extra catlike behavoir, for those who want to express their inner feline nature extra strongly.

Nervous personality - always looking around, twitchy, wringing hands, fearful, etc. More frightened then the purposeful thief personality.

Seducer personality - flirty and feminine, stances and moves full of promises of things not shown in the game (Yes, I know, a disapponted whine now ran through the rooms of half the people who read this)... maybe refit to all dark seducers?

Innocent personality - for those who want to milk the cute and harmless kid shtick. Hey, I hear some vampires find it easier to lure their victims to them instead of sneaking after 'em... ;) (and yes, that -was- a reference to a certain NPC in a different TES game)

Feral personality - and I don't mean Khajiit, that's above, I mean wildman, enkidu, tarzan, mougli, neanderthals, the librarian at the unseen library (though he does not really count on account of... having become an ape), etc. For those so one with nature they half forgot how to be civilized.

Injured personality - "painfully holding your wounds" stance, limping walk, occasional bleeding... useful for roleplayers.

Showman personality - grand gestures, flourishes and other stuff that may be more at home on a stage or in a circus then in a dungeon... think "Gilderoy Lockheart"...

Madman personality - for those who looked too deep into Sheogoraths cheese cabinet, and found his cheese collection looking back at them... :open_mouth:

Elder personality - for those who want to show off their extra wisdom with bent back and shaking knees. Occasional plumbing malfunctions not included, thank the divines!

Saint personality - floating instead of walking, mystic gestures and occasional ritual blessins dispensed, etc. Possibly including halo. ;)

Monk personality - walking with bowed head, pious stances, quiet prayer ("Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem"? No, wait... different world... :p;) ), etc. Can be refitted to a lot of robed brethren all around tamriel...

Watchman personality - threatening stances with arms crossed, suspiscious glances looking for criminal scum and stolen sweetrolls to confiscate, occasional polishing of an (possibly expired) city guard badge... no leaning against magic shields in mid-air though, that is true city guards priviledge! :D

Strongman personality - body builder poses, showing off your biceps to all the world, and those deltoids, and those pecs... may or may not include a "Do you even lift, bro?" battlecry or attempts to rip off your chest armor... (and then count the days until someone figures it out, makes an earthen heart DK for it, named "Alex Louis Armstrong" ;) )
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “don’t give us unique rewards through achievements, just let sell them for cash” thread before. Can’t say I agree with it, but points for originality.

Not what I said. Points for failing to read.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, when it comes to personality options, I for one would still enjoy seeing stuff like...

Khajiit clichee pesonality - with extra catlike behavoir, for those who want to express their inner feline nature extra strongly.

Nervous personality - always looking around, twitchy, wringing hands, fearful, etc. More frightened then the purposeful thief personality.

Seducer personality - flirty and feminine, stances and moves full of promises of things not shown in the game (Yes, I know, a disapponted whine now ran through the rooms of half the people who read this)... maybe refit to all dark seducers?

Innocent personality - for those who want to milk the cute and harmless kid shtick. Hey, I hear some vampires find it easier to lure their victims to them instead of sneaking after 'em... ;) (and yes, that -was- a reference to a certain NPC in a different TES game)

Feral personality - and I don't mean Khajiit, that's above, I mean wildman, enkidu, tarzan, mougli, neanderthals, the librarian at the unseen library (though he does not really count on account of... having become an ape), etc. For those so one with nature they half forgot how to be civilized.

Injured personality - "painfully holding your wounds" stance, limping walk, occasional bleeding... useful for roleplayers.

Showman personality - grand gestures, flourishes and other stuff that may be more at home on a stage or in a circus then in a dungeon... think "Gilderoy Lockheart"...

Madman personality - for those who looked too deep into Sheogoraths cheese cabinet, and found his cheese collection looking back at them... :open_mouth:

Elder personality - for those who want to show off their extra wisdom with bent back and shaking knees. Occasional plumbing malfunctions not included, thank the divines!

Saint personality - floating instead of walking, mystic gestures and occasional ritual blessins dispensed, etc. Possibly including halo. ;)

Monk personality - walking with bowed head, pious stances, quiet prayer ("Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem"? No, wait... different world... :p;) ), etc. Can be refitted to a lot of robed brethren all around tamriel...

Watchman personality - threatening stances with arms crossed, suspiscious glances looking for criminal scum and stolen sweetrolls to confiscate, occasional polishing of an (possibly expired) city guard badge... no leaning against magic shields in mid-air though, that is true city guards priviledge! :D

Strongman personality - body builder poses, showing off your biceps to all the world, and those deltoids, and those pecs... may or may not include a "Do you even lift, bro?" battlecry or attempts to rip off your chest armor... (and then count the days until someone figures it out, makes an earthen heart DK for it, named "Alex Louis Armstrong" ;) )

Wow, these are really cool and thoughtful ideas! I want them all! :)
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prophet and forge-mother personality when?
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout Feral personality exists :) introduced with the last DLC. It's called "Beast personality"

"Seducer personality" - I'd like a Male Flirt personality, in that case. To even things out.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Feral personality exists :) introduced with the last DLC. It's called "Beast personality"
    I thought that was more of a "werewolf" personality and not a "wildman" personality for people patterned after Tarzan, Mougli, or your average caveman... but I suppose it might be similar enough, can't say since I never saw that one yet.

Anyhow, my thought was the "primitive animal-raised human"... you know, "bereft of civilization", but more "caveman" then "wolfman"...

Still, not like there isn't room for both, yes? ;)
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see personalities alter how you hold weapons when fighting.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that people want these canned gesture scripts even though we have goodness knows how many emotes and ESO Theater among other add-ons to employ the ones we want when we want to employ them.

And I know mine is the minority view here when I say I will not, neither as a reward for questing nor purchase, allow my characters to become puppets to a preprogrammed puppet master.

The only personality you need is your own ;)

Here's my character, Bella's, take on the Dutchess Personality :p

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Stance
    2. Walk
    3. run
    4. idle
    5. Limb animations
    6. ???
    7. ???

This!
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesssssss!!! I love every personality they add, and the more the better! I yearn for a new personality... plz zos :*
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Stance
    2. Walk
    3. run
    4. idle
    5. Limb animations
    6. ???
    7. ???

Thats a fantastic idea.

And they need to bring back the Drunken personality I've heard about!