The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 - NA - VIVEC - Aldmeri Dominion - Are you LFG?

MalagenR
MalagenR
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

Generally during the weekdays I find myself solo'ing around resources, ganking between outpost and sieged fort lanes, and running with zergs for offense and defense ticks. I usually play Monday - Wednesday - Friday from 7PM to about 10-11PM Central & Saturday / Sunday at weird hours throughout the day based on whatever I have going scheduled around my personal training and BJJ training.

I am looking for people who want to PVP during these times and are also looking for someone who prefers small groups but enjoys participating in all of the content. I don't care if you're super knowledgeable about PVP or want to learn how to PVP, beginners and masters welcome. To provide you some background about myself so you can make a decision I'll provide some details around my MMO gaming background.

If interested add me on PS4 - Rahman_TKE with a message that says "PVP", so I know why you're sending the request.

THE BELOW WILL SOUND ELITIST, BUT IM JUST PROVIDING BACKGROUND SO YOU CAN TRUST ME WITH YOUR TIME IF YOU DECIDE TO JOIN ME, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE A FLUFF PIECE EVEN THOUGH IT KIND OF IS ONE.

From Ages 15-20 I played Lineage2 on the Hindemith server as a member of MAFIA. We basically ran the server and I led COV archer parties on TOI or in DV that would consistently 9 v X opposing clans for key grinding areas. I also led one of our archer parties during sieges.

From 20-22 I played WoW on Laughing Skull and led a 3 Man team to a 2700 score pre BC (Ret Pally, Warrior, Druid) and took down the Gladiator title. Throughout this time I also played a couple of other games, RF Online - Lineage2 Light vs. Dark Private server - and a couple of other PVP games that were supposed to be WOW killers but fizzled out. I led a guild in WoW that was one of the 1st guilds to finish MC.

From 22-30 I bounced between 3 games while also taking breaks from MMO gaming in general (by the age of 22 I was obviously addicted to MMO's and needed to stop, I think we all kind of realize this at some point, or don't and end up e-dating our video game wife that turns out to be man, you all know what I'm talking about!)

It started with EVE Online where I ran as an Fleet Commander in Curse consistently ganking Goonies Black Ops squad that was harassing our space. My fleets efficiency ratio was 99.8% due to using low cost fitted out bait ships to trap faction fitted Black Ops cruisers.

I played some WoW in this period but ended up starting Aion. In Aion I led the Siel-Asmodian faction against a far more numerous faction in the Siel-Elyos. As the raid leader of <Bandulu> we succeeded in uniting Siel-Asmos, re-organizing their communications to where we had around 200+ people in vent and were consistently beating the odds in 2:1 outnumbered fights. This led to us eventually completely dominating the server from Aion 2.5 through Aion 4.0 - almost a 2 1/2 year run, even though we were outnumbered 2:1 on a consistent basis.

Now at the ripe old age of 32 I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and love that I've found an MMO that caters to casual players and has a broad learning curve that allows me to play casually and still be competitive while not being a super addict.

TLDR - I have lots of experience in raiding and leading PVP guilds to great success over the last 15 years and am looking for any players who enjoy working as a team, are capable of taking feedback like an adult because they want to get better, and I'm 420 friendly. Let's smoke some bowls and some EP / DC. Thanks! If interested add me on PS4 - Rahman_TKE with a message that says "PVP", so I know why you're sending the request.
Edited by MalagenR on August 23, 2018 4:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

totally awesome post...hope to see you out there - be it friend or foe :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 23, 2018 7:11PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    giphy.gif

lol can't tell if I'm being trolled, when I read my resume I feel like I come off like a ***, swear on my life I'm not!!!! Just tired of running solo and would like to make some friends, but AD is full of solo players.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw man...listen - trying to be socially active with a bunch of other misfit toys (us gamer people) is challenging to say the very least...

it's cool folks like us got spots to hang out and share our passion - gaming...

very cool for you to be reaching out to folks...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw man...listen - trying to be socially active with a bunch of other misfit toys (us gamer people) is challenging to say the very least...

I'm hoping people are just shooting me PSN messages, the thread gets no activity even though it's being viewed. I worry about MMO's in general, I think they are going the route of Social Media. Bunch of trolls who think the world revolves around them instead of actually contributing to a team effort to accomplish a really cool goal. i.e. winning a campaign.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    giphy.gif

lol can't tell if I'm being trolled, when I read my resume I feel like I come off like a ***, swear on my life I'm not!!!! Just tired of running solo and would like to make some friends, but AD is full of solo players.

I gave your post an awesome, it's great you're trying to get something started with other players out there.

No trolling here.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I worry about MMO's in general, I think they are going the route of Social Media. Bunch of trolls who think the world revolves around them instead of actually contributing to a team effort to accomplish a really cool goal. i.e. winning a campaign.
    Been around the world and found
    That only stupid people are breeding
    The cretins cloning and feeding
    And I don't even own a tv

can't worry too much about the trolls...it's such a shame folks feel the necessity to fill our zone chats with really sad and weird stuff - i guess that's just their way of trying to find some connection with others...

if you're able to hook up with just one other cool person in game - i'd say this thread was time well spent :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 24, 2018 8:02AM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I worry about MMO's in general, I think they are going the route of Social Media. Bunch of trolls who think the world revolves around them instead of actually contributing to a team effort to accomplish a really cool goal. i.e. winning a campaign.
    Been around the world and found
    That only stupid people are breeding
    The cretins cloning and feeding
    And I don't even own a tv

can't worry too much about the trolls...it's such a shame folks feel the necessity to fill our zone chats with really sad and weird stuff - i guess that's just their way of trying to find some connection with others...

if you're able to hook up with just one other cool person in game - i'd say this thread was time well spent :)

Sadly no hits, generally I scoop up random players while I'm out soloing and form 2-3 man groups. It's fun, most solo players I think have a similar personality sadly few of them get the experience they need in working as a team and will engage in 1v2's with or without you sometimes lol, I like that they are not discouraged by death though.

The gaming community has just changed so vastly. It's no longer this secret thing of nerds and then down to earth nerds. Now it's like invaded by pop culture, bunch of weird people either blasting metal into my ears through their mic's or blasting mumble rap into my ears through their mic's.

Almost every single player Tbags. Tbagging shouldn't even be a thing in an MMO. Like if you feel the need to tbag people in an MMO it really says something about your mental state.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now I'm going though an interesting "social/not social" aspect of the game with pugging dungeons...

trying to farm a few different gear sets, so, been spending a bunch of time doing dungeon runs...pretty monotonous stuff...

I remember the last time I did dungeon runs (couple of years ago), seemed you'd get at least one or two people on the mic chatting away...

it's ghostly quiet now...seems no one really feels much like communicating with others - just speeding through as fast as possible...

maybe the game and the players participating is changing...
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now I'm going though an interesting "social/not social" aspect of the game with pugging dungeons...

trying to farm a few different gear sets, so, been spending a bunch of time doing dungeon runs...pretty monotonous stuff...

I remember the last time I did dungeon runs (couple of years ago), seemed you'd get at least one or two people on the mic chatting away...

it's ghostly quiet now...seems no one really feels much like communicating with others - just speeding through as fast as possible...

Didn't realize till just now we are BAT guildies lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when I first started the game I was DC (after about 3 months started characters in all alliances)...got started on a lot of my crafting, and, spent a lot of time in wayrest...

took me a few months to figure out how to search through guild traders and use them...

once I did I noticed that everytime I went to atin (closest trader to the wayrest wayshrine) the name under her name was back alley trading...

took me over a year before I had enough "wares" to be able to justify being in a large trading guild...

finally went over a million coin this year - most of that is largely due to being in BAT...krista rocks...being a member of BAT is one of my cooler eso accomplishments :)

joined the purple gang this year (really good group of folks)...between the two of them I'm able to sell just about everything...with 10 active characters it really helps with inventory control...

I tried being in pvp guilds for a while- but, kept getting kicked for faction hopping, which is understandable...now I just do trading guilds...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 27, 2018 5:03PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when I first started the game I was DC (after about 3 months started characters in all alliances)...got started on a lot of my crafting, and, spent a lot of time in wayrest...

took me a few months to figure out how to search through guild traders and use them...

once I did I noticed that everytime I went to atin (closest trader to the wayrest wayshrine) the name under her name was back alley trading...

took me over a year before I had enough "wares" to be able to justify being in a large trading guild...

finally went over a million coin this year - most of that is largely due to being in BAT...krista rocks...being a member of BAT is one of my cooler eso accomplishments :)

joined the purple gang this year (really good group of folks)...between the two of them I'm able to sell just about everything...with 10 active characters it really helps with inventory control...

I tried being in pvp guilds for a while- but, kept getting kicked for faction hopping, which is understandable...now I just do trading guilds...

BAT and Aldmeri Nation are my go to's for trading.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Have an Awesome, I'll be adding you after work.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have an Awesome, I'll be adding you after work.

Sounds good! I'll probably be on around 9pm Central due to BJJ class tonight.