The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How does the Swift trait actually work?

bobdrad
bobdrad
✭✭
I made two rings and an amulet with Platinum and Swift. But I can't detect any difference when wearing them. Shouldn't I have an 18% speed boost? Does it apply to your Mount or only on foot? I don't see any movement stats on the Character screen. (I use PS4 btw so don't talk to me about mods :-) ).
Edited by bobdrad on August 25, 2018 7:36PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you haven't upgraded them from white yet.

18% isn't super noticable on a character ... but the character stats are there even though the base UI doesn't dispay it.

Upgrading all three of them to purple makes a difference, 27%. Gold is 30%.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget, what is the speed cap again?
  • Schmetterfrosch
    Schmetterfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50%
    Das Leben ist doch nur ein Rollenspiel
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50%

50% seems grossly low, dont you think?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed cap is 100% beyond typical movement speed. Swift can add up to 30%, sprint is 40%, Major and Minor Expedition are 30% and 10%. And there are various other bonus available from Medium Armor passives, gear sets, Orc race, steed stone, Champion points etc.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 25, 2018 11:38PM
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    And should Swift affect my speed while mounted? I would think 18% should be quite noticeable for example when racing from a completed dolmen to a wayshrine with all the other riders. But I'm not seeing any difference.
    Edited by bobdrad on August 26, 2018 9:54PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift doesn't affect ride speed, as far as I'm aware.

Something else to note is that swift jewelry will screw up the animations of your personality if it has a custom walk animation. Learned this the hard way, and kind of regretted transmuting something to swift.