The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

About battlegrounds and grouptool (not about the current bug)

OrphanHelgen
OrphanHelgen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just a few things I see causes some issues with enjoying battlegrounds atm.

1: Group tool:

You queue for a random battleground, but is this really random? I know in pve when I group for random vet, I always 100% of the time get placed in the middle of cradle of shadows or something where there is 3 people stuck at a boss and probably the 4th player ragequit and they needed replacement. The same is for battlegrounds it looks like, where people queue for deathmatch and that is what the "random battleground" players gets as well. would it be possible to make so when you queue for a random dung or battleground, that it is actually random and you get queued with others who wanted a random dungeon / bg?

2: Loading into the battleground:

Surprisingly more than 70% of the times last night, we start as 3 players and not 4, because ready check works before loading screen and doesn't care if someone are not able to load into the game. We getting the 4th player 6 mins into the match. Is it possible here to make it like league of legends for example, where we have this loading lobby and have to wait until everyone has finish loading the game?

3: Build diversity:

I enjoyed a build where I debuffed the enemy with fracture, breach, minor and major defile, maim and some other debuffs on enchants etc. Also revile stealth.
But this doesn't give any points at all, ofc it can help winning a bg, but I come out very low on the points. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we get points for doing damage, taking damage and healing but not debuffing. Doesn't encourage support builds as much is seam unless you are 4 premades. And if the argument about points doesn't matter, why are they there in the first place?
There is also sets that buffs the group, but you could have come better out if you used a selfish set. For example reduce mag or stam cost for group members, or increase healing received for group members etc. This make you sacrifice a selfish set to support the group, but it won't be noticed on the points. One option would be to give sets like this points for how long they have been active in the game. Doesn't need to be overpowered many points, but 100-200 or something wouldn't hurt.

While this is under build subject, I do want to mention I had major and minor defile on a player, with infused trait reduce spell dmg glyph, and he was able to get healed from 20% to 100%. Maybe the debuf itself can be blocked or this guy got multiple healing from his teammates so I wont say this for sure, but from my point of view, the defile nerfs maybe was a bit too much? I have to sacrifice all my dmg to keep up the 1hshield bash in a 4 sec rotation. I know there is other options out there and I'm doing those atm, but just wanted to mention the reasons I left this type of playstyle.

I am not a hardcore battleground player so would like to hear other points of views here.
Edited by OrphanHelgen on August 27, 2018 12:02PM
PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you open F1 ingame and check the "Battleground DeathMatch medal"-tab(only counts for DM, you have similar categories for each BG-type). You see the ways you can get a medal. At the moment, 375k healing done and 500k damage done is the "dps/heal"-maximum score you can get.
    It also says you get more points for Quadruple kills etc. Might be worth it to have alook at that.

And no, I disagree with the buffs/Debuffs-thingy. You shouldn't be rewarded for that, since you bring something else to the table than just debuff/buffs. And the Worm/Sanctuary/Hircine you're talking about is good, but it has a very small radius, requiering the team to stay close-knit together. Which, come on, never happens, even as a 4-man premade. The set works in organised open-world PvP and PvE,but i honestly don't see it working in BGs. If you should be rewarded for that, then you might as well reward everyone that runs poisons, weapon enchants and whatever else.

If you'd want to support your group(Which you argueably always should be doing, with e.g. a healing ward or a HoT or some dmg-buffs or whatever..) you'll do that better by running sets like e.g. Transmutation/SPC. It also offers you some straight up combat-stats.

And the 3v3v3 is fine. But 2 days ago we had a funny BG. I queued in as Duo.
    We got placed against a 4-man full premade, where the 3rd team had only 1 person.
    (Yet the match started). Sounds about balanced. All teams got 4 members, when the 4-man premade already had 300 score above every other team, though.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you open F1 ingame and check the "Battleground DeathMatch medal"-tab(only counts for DM, you have similar categories for each BG-type). You see the ways you can get a medal. At the moment, 375k healing done and 500k damage done is the "dps/heal"-maximum score you can get.
    It also says you get more points for Quadruple kills etc. Might be worth it to have alook at that.

And no, I disagree with the buffs/Debuffs-thingy. You shouldn't be rewarded for that, since you bring something else to the table than just debuff/buffs. And the Worm/Sanctuary/Hircine you're talking about is good, but it has a very small radius, requiering the team to stay close-knit together. Which, come on, never happens, even as a 4-man premade. The set works in organised open-world PvP and PvE,but i honestly don't see it working in BGs. If you should be rewarded for that, then you might as well reward everyone that runs poisons, weapon enchants and whatever else.

If you'd want to support your group(Which you argueably always should be doing, with e.g. a healing ward or a HoT or some dmg-buffs or whatever..) you'll do that better by running sets like e.g. Transmutation/SPC. It also offers you some straight up combat-stats.

And the 3v3v3 is fine. But 2 days ago we had a funny BG. I queued in as Duo.
    We got placed against a 4-man full premade, where the 3rd team had only 1 person.
    (Yet the match started). Sounds about balanced. All teams got 4 members, when the 4-man premade already had 300 score above every other team, though.

Ye I agree and understand what you mean, but then it leads to one main problem, that premades vs non premades are a free win. You say it yourself how good these sets are but not useful if you pug a batleground, so people wont use them anyway, and since they are so good that would leave them to a disadvantage right?

It's fine don't give points for support sets, but then they shouldn't queue pugs with premades either. Which was my point but maybe not clear enough, that the point system doesn't encourage supports. I don't wanna support group any more, I play selfish so i'm fine right now, but I see it from other points of views.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on August 27, 2018 12:26PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends