Imperial City Gameplay rework.

Jinazai
Jinazai
✭✭✭
Imperial City Gameplay rework.
I never understood Imperial city. The gameplay concept is all over the place and its clear that this dlc wasnt well thought through at all. It overall has a high focus on PvE for maximum gains making the PvP part of the DLC more of a nuisance than something worth to look for. The blend of PvE and PvP makes the player balance between having an effective monster- and player killer. As PvE and PvP has different rule sets players will always find themselves at a disadvatage.

The tricky part is the Tel'var penalty on death vs reward on kill. Since the IC is not ranked as battlegrounds, everyone will play together; the godlike good as the casual newbies. The risk vs reward for some players is outright depressing. I've seen groups of casuals being absolutely wrecked by two skilled players over and over, making the rewards for them playing in IC slim to nothing more than disapointment. Once a casual group like this is attacked by some skilled players, the best risk vs reward for them is to simply leave with what they have left.
IF this is a major turn off for a lot of players, maybe the risk of losing Tel'var should be removed altogether.

The good part is that there is much more rewarding things to do in IC compared to Cyro when the population in the campaign is low. :)

I know there has been threads like this before but since not much is happening its my turn to post :P
I want it to live!

Imperial City Districts Area located on the surface.
Each district have:
* A capture flag that gives +33% Tel'var gains in all districts.
* A major boss wandering the area.
* A daily quest rewarding 200 Tel'var on turn in.
* A number of chests scattered around.
* A triggered event with a minor boss.
* A gateway that spawns a number of mobs, rewarding a chest on completion.

The districts have a heavy focus on PvE battles. The biggest gain of Tel'var is by holding all of the Districts and killing the major bosses. Only killing ordinary mobs with all districts held also gives a good gain in Tel'var. The districts favors complete domination where you have little to no resistance from other players. Dominating in Cyrodiil will only give you rewards up to the point of dominating, after that there is really nothing more to do and the war becomes stale and rewards will stagnate. In districts area, the rewards for dominating is at maximum and neverending.

Districts suggestions
* Make the flags turn faster, allowing a more rapid gameplay and lowering the chance of complete domination. Lower AP-gain for flag takeover.
* Sound a signal in the district when a foe is attacking the flag guards.
* Make the buff for capturing a district reward more for killing players than monsters (example: 33% for players 16% for other).
* Make the daily quests more rewarding (200 Tel'var is just silly).
* Remove the scattered chests and replace with small scamp gateway that can be triggered to spawn a wave of mobs. Rewarding all participants with a lootable container. The current chests only rewards one player.

Imperial City Sewers
The sewers have:
* Bosses
* Generals
* Gateways that spawns a number of mobs, rewarding a chest on completion.
* Chests scattered around
* Chests that trigger a small wave of mobs.
* Trove and Treasure Scamps
* The Molag Bal event

I was never really fond of the sewers so maybe someone who dwelled down there more has something to add.

Sewers Suggestions
* Add sewer daily quest(s) (kill boss x. etc)
* Remove the scattered chests and replace with small scamp gateway that can be triggered to spawn a wave of mobs. Rewarding all participants with a lootable container. The current chests only rewards one player.

General IC Suggestions:
* Make monsters play by the same rule set as the players. Make Impenetrable trait reduce inc damage from monsters in IC. Make monsters affected by player specific armour sets i.e Knight Slayer e.t.c.). To remove the PvP vs PvE tradeoff.
* Add IC Leaderboard
* Add more buyable furnitures

Tel'var Rework.
* Killing a player rewards the killer with a buff: increasing their Tel'var gained by 3x%, Assisting gives 2x%. The buff gives the player a blueish glow that increases in brightness with the lvl of the buff. When a player with an accumulated buff is killed: a higher Tel'var curreny reward is gained by the killer depending on the lvl of their buff and the victims buff is removed.
* Remove Tel'var currency loss on death. (Currency rewards can ofc be adjusted with this in mind).
* Make player kills always reward a fixed minimum amount of Tel'var.

This is to reward the skilled but not to punish the casual to the point where its completely unrewarding to play IC.

Now im tired so this is it for now. Cya :)
If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but it sounds like your suggesting removing PvP risk from IC because some players are depressingly unskilled st PvP yet should be able to get the rewards from the zone.

It really seems as though you want to reduce the risk yet leave the reward untouched. That is a horrible idea. Part of it seems as thought you want to actually increase the rewards while reducing the risk.

Other parts of the suggestions do not add up either. You clearly don’t have understand how the impen trait works. It reduced the bonus damage from damage attacks the crit. NPCs don’t crit to begin with so there isn’t any bonus to reduce. If you want to reduce NPC damage incressse your resistance.

Even at that, the changes you suggested will have pointless results. Every DLC zine goes quiet as new zones are added. Without objectives to keep IC active like Cyrodiil is any change is pretty much a waste of time.

Ofc they could remove the PvP and Tel var and have a few sets drop of NPCs whole moving the rest into Cyrodiil. Reduce te rare drops chance within the zone and move the rest of us he enchanting Matts into the open world. Give the zone s9me dailies and be done with it. Let it be slow quiet as any PvP Zones. That is if Zos cannot find worthy objectives to br8ng back the PvP life.
    Edited by idk on August 26, 2018 8:40PM
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No offense but it sounds like your suggesting removing PvP risk from IC because some players are depressingly unskilled st PvP yet should be able to get the rewards from the zone.

It really seems as though you want to reduce the risk yet leave the reward untouched. That is a horrible idea. Part of it seems as thought you want to actually increase the rewards while reducing the risk.

Other parts of the suggestions do not add up either. You clearly don’t have understand how the impen trait works. It reduced the bonus damage from damage attacks the crit. NPCs don’t crit to begin with so there isn’t any bonus to reduce. If you want to reduce NPC damage incressse your resistance.

Even at that, the changes you suggested will have pointless results. Every DLC zine goes quiet as new zones are added. Without objectives to keep IC active like Cyrodiil is any change is pretty much a waste of time.

Ofc they could remove the PvP and Tel var and have a few sets drop of NPCs whole moving the rest into Cyrodiil. Reduce te rare drops chance within the zone and move the rest of us he enchanting Matts into the open world. Give the zone s9me dailies and be done with it. Let it be slow quiet as any PvP Zones. That is if Zos cannot find worthy objectives to br8ng back the PvP life.

* IC is the only zone where this type of risk is present. Nowhere else is something obtained removed from you.

* I explicity said that lvl of reward can be changed.

* i understand how the impen trait works, that is why i wanted it to change in IC to make it worthwhile since it is a PvE heavy pvp zone.

* IC has always been a quiet zone. And IC is absurdly more silent than any other dlc zone.

* Im suggesting bringing more pvp into it, not less.
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinazai wrote: »

* IC is the only zone where this type of risk is present. Nowhere else is something obtained removed from you.

By design as this is the only Zone added to the game that has PvP.

Further, this goes against the direction Zos has taken. Used to be we only lost Tel var when killed by a player. Zos changed it so we also lost Tel var when killed by a NPC as well.

* i understand how the impen trait works, that is why i wanted it to change in IC to make it worthwhile since it is a PvE heavy pvp zone.

Then you need to edit your comment on inpen since it clearly indicates you want NPCs to behave according to the same rules as players then state inpen should reduce the damage NPCs do to us as an example. That does not jive with the above quoted comment. Just saying.

* IC has always been a quiet zone. And IC is absurdly more silent than any other dlc zone.

IC was very active when it launched. Sometime after the next DLC zone launched it became quiet. The difference now, that you seem to suggest here, is mostly due to it not having dailies like other DLCs have.

* Im suggesting bringing more pvp into it, not less.

I understand this is what you are thinking you are doing but it appears you are merely reducing the risk unskilled players would face which is your opening comments.

Further, you offer nothing to bring more PvP into IC. If you think that Telvar buff is encouragement then that is a mistake. If Telvar was such a driving factor then IC would be active. If you think reducing the risk on unskilled players is the PvP enticement, well, players prefer to have some PvP in their PvP.

Edit: I did forget to add that your idea of having flags turn faster to have more rapid gameplay actually reduces gameplay since it makes IC into a flag turning content. Slower increases the chance of actual PvP in the process and it seems you want to increase PvP activity there.
    Edited by idk on August 26, 2018 10:02PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC does have daily quests after you complete the story
    Beta tester November 2013