The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does PVP skill fades with time?

Valabrog
Valabrog
✭✭✭
Im curious how do you feel after not playing PVP for a few days? Do you need some time to get a grip in bgs or do you rock anyway and mechanic is in your blood?

I often see very high ranking players in my team but more often than not they show nothing special in dmg or healing or kills or objectives..I sometimes wonder, how newbie like me can do equaly or better than them in a match,as they have hundreds of hours more pvp experience..

So I asume maybe they bought accounts? Or wasnt pvping for sometime..Maybe they lvled in Cyrodiil or in old cp bgs..But I see such cases all the time.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're referring to just the Alliance War-ranking, don't trust it. There's Grand Overlords that got it by simply spamming rapid regen in a zerg, repairing walls or just passively gained AP. Or they exploited Bleakers etc. Or they took advantage of the poor gameplay design from ZoS this event. 200k+ ap/h from just flipping flags, hype bois, hype.

I had a 10 day break from anything PC related when I went on vacation. No difference tbh.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    If you switch between characters a lot I find it can really effect your gameplay tbh. I’m really enjoying playing stamblade atm, but it plays very differently from my main (mag sorc) and it takes time for me to get used to playing them again after switching.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferrofluid wrote: »
    If you switch between characters a lot I find it can really effect your gameplay tbh. I’m really enjoying playing stamblade atm, but it plays very differently from my main (mag sorc) and it takes time for me to get used to playing them again after switching.

This happens to me.

Also if I switch between cp and no cp.

I’m old. (Not really but compared to many PvPers yeah). Takes me time to learn a new trick.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muscle memory just like in any hand eye coordination endevour fades with disuse. Which is why the best at anything practice daily. Peyton Manning still did basics drills up to the end of his last season. Pete Townshend practices guitar 6 hours a day, even after decades of playing. Armed services dont run drills and excercises all the time to stave off boredom.

Fortunately, you can recover pretty fast if take a few days off, just beat up on a training dummy
    Edited by Nestor on August 24, 2018 5:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High alliance rank means that the player knows how to make AP (or is playing the same character since beta) and does not indicate skill at all.
    And with the first Midyear Mayhem there were so many so called Bleakers GOs which were just standing in Bleakers AFK leeching Off-Ticks while 2 alliances were flipping the flags.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Muscle memory just like in any hand eye coordination endevour fades with disuse. Which is why the best at anything practice daily. Peyton Manning still did basics drills up to the end of his last season. Pete Townshend practices guitar 6 hours a day, even after decades of playing. Armed services dont run drills and excercises all the time to stave off boredom.

Fortunately, you can recover pretty fast if take a few days off, just beat up on a training dummy

Age is the one big factor we all have to struggle against.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."