The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar- Sun Fire Does Not Appear to be Advancing

Myrddinman
Myrddinman
✭✭
Has anyone else experienced this skill (or any for that matter) not advancing?

This is my main "go-to" skill to open a fight (great range, DOT, and multiple targets), so I use it all the time; however, looking at my Skill UI shows it as still Rank I (progression meter appears to be stuck at 1/3 full). Looking at the description though, it shows it as doing 50 initial damage (far more than Rank I), but it has not given me the option to Morph it yet.

I haven't submitted a bug report yet, so I figured that I'd see if this is common.

Thanks and Cheers!
Edited by Myrddinman on April 3, 2014 8:10PM

Best Answers

• Sn4k3z34
    Sn4k3z34
    this is not common, i was able to morph that skill, and it was a good one. perhaps once game comes back online they will have that fixed. it does sound like it is advancing, just not showing you in your skill tree yet. best of luck though.
    Dead Citizens Guild SGT
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • IdioticUlt1mara
    I am sure I was able to morph sun fire so I never found this problem
    Your Local Scottish Lets Player Here To Conquer All For The Pact. Also <3 You All
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Sn4k3z34
    Sn4k3z34
    bug it if it doesn't work after launch, from what i am hearing about these kind of bugs, Zenimax online has been able to fix them within a few days. who knows, they might even give you an extra skill point to morph. good luck
    Dead Citizens Guild SGT
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • mctaylor
    mctaylor
    To verify, simply look at the name.

If it is "Sun Fire" then it is un-morphed, as the first morph is called "Vampire’s Bane" and the second morph is called "Reflective Light."

Ref src: Tamriel Journal: Templar Skill Line: Dawn’s Wrath
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    @Sn4k3z34‌ @IdioticUlt1mara‌ Thanks for taking the time to respond; I really appreciate it :smile:

I will check it again when the server opens later. It does seem like it's advancing, but if that's the case, it's odd that I haven't been able to Morph it yet. I'll Bug it as well.

Options
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    We'll see. I'll update here with what I discover.
    Options
  • Biggreen
    Biggreen
    If it dies aoe damage it already morphed then -and it morphed skill lvl 1
    Options
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    Biggreen wrote: »
    If it dies aoe damage it already morphed then -and it morphed skill lvl 1

I do not believe it is doing AOE damage. It will fire-off according to the number of targets though. I also never spent a skill point to Morph it.
    Options
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    mctaylor wrote: »
    To verify, simply look at the name.

If it is "Sun Fire" then it is un-morphed, as the first morph is called "Vampire’s Bane" and the second morph is called "Reflective Light."

Ref src: Tamriel Journal: Templar Skill Line: Dawn’s Wrath

Good point @mctaylor‌ I'll be checking this as soon as I log in next.
    Options
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    Okay, so I just logged back in and noticed a few things:
    - It appears that it was Morphed at some point (although I don't remember doing so), as the skill is now listed as Reflective Light I
    - When I mouse over the skill, it shows as dealing 50 Flame Damage and 45 additional Flame damage over 4.5 seconds, which is way more than what even the tier IV should
    - It also shows as costing 96 Magika, which is also way more than it should

Can someone who has this skill slotted check at some point to see what their description says?

Thanks!
    Edited by Myrddinman on April 3, 2014 11:21PM
    Options
  • mctaylor
    mctaylor
    Are you looking at it while in Cyrodiil?

Because if so, you are buffed to level 50, and spell costs / damages will be increased to match.
    Options
  • Myrddinman
    Myrddinman
    ✭✭
    mctaylor wrote: »
    Are you looking at it while in Cyrodiil?

Because if so, you are buffed to level 50, and spell costs / damages will be increased to match.

Not in Cyrodiil yet.

I did submit a bug report last night, so I'll update when I get an answer.

I did discover that it is advancing, as the damage of Reflective Light is now 55; however, the UI is stuck at 1/3 progress towards Reflective Light II.
    Options