Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I start normal maelstrom arena?

Neoealth
Neoealth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay so this is going to be a really stupid noob question to most, but i've only just realized that this solo arena place is a thing. I thought I'd go over and check it out, i'd heard the horror stories of the veteran version, thought i'd simply try out the normal version and maybe dip my toe in the vet afterwards. But when I speak to the npc to get the quest, it just offers me the veteran version and a portal.

And of course I get completely destroyed as expected. How do I do the noob easy version?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It turns out that you need to set your group finder to "Normal" rather than "Veteran" before you even enter the area (i.e., before you enter the portal to the outdoor desert area.

I just learned this a few days ago.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It turns out that you need to set your group finder to "Normal" rather than "Veteran" before you even enter the area (i.e., before you enter the portal to the outdoor desert area.

I just learned this a few days ago.

But I did have it on normal already. I just tried it again, ran out, made sure it was on normal (it was) then ran into again, took the quest, and its veteran still.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay my bad I see what you mean now. I thought you meant the dungeon finder tab, but of course the group tab. Yes I switched to normal.

Thank you.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo... don’t even fool yourself with normal. Plowing through the normal mobs are only going to give you a false sense of accomplishment that will only increase your frustration that vet is so utterly impossible. That frustration and sense of hopelessness will only dissipate after fail after fail after fail after finally beating vMA your first time and realizing “oh, it is possible.” Subsequent runs will then start to feel easier and easier.

No, just start vet now and save yourself the illusion.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »
    Noooo... don’t even fool yourself with normal. Plowing through the normal mobs are only going to give you a false sense of accomplishment that will only increase your frustration that vet is so utterly impossible. That frustration and sense of hopelessness will only dissipate after fail after fail after fail after finally beating vMA your first time and realizing “oh, it is possible.” Subsequent runs will then start to feel easier and easier.

Actually I was well aware that normal and vet MA are like day and night. I went into normal and completed it just to get an idea of what I was too face. The very basics.

I am under no delusion that means I now know how to do vet :)

Not yet tried vet seriously...I'm kind of not looking forward to all of the frustration!
    Edited by Neoealth on August 16, 2018 9:29AM
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

Actually I was well aware that normal and vet MA are like day and night. I went into normal and completed it just to get an idea of what I was too face. The very basics.

I am under no delusion that means I now know how to do vet :)

Not yet tried vet seriously...I'm kind of not looking forward to all of the frustration!

Before you try vet, buy a new mouse, and keyboard, and headset... probably a new monitor :smiley:
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooo... don’t even fool yourself with normal.
    But he can get a sense of the mechanics on normal. :)

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    run nMA with white underleveled non set gear and green weapons and noCP. that might give you a slight comparison to vMA
    Edited by Drummerx04 on October 18, 2018 2:31AM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter