Maintenance for the week of May 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 10
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 11, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Class Change Token?

tansyuduri
tansyuduri
✭✭
I REALLY need these. I rolled my classes without knowing what I'd be good at and now I'm stuck with things I suck at, but I already leveled them up!
Beta Tester | PC Player | NA Server | Returning Player

STOP KILLING THE MONKEYS

  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd like a class change token just because I made my first character, my master crafter, a sorceror, and I've discovered that I don't really like playing sorcerors. I can't delete her, though, because she's my master crafter and knows a billion motifs. I'd love to make her a dragon knight or warden so I can have fun playing her again.

    I got the same problem. But want to go the other way. Dk to sorcerer. Ive got no interest in doing everything all over again. If you want some more money out of me ZOS, figure it out.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, class change is the -one- thing ZOS are on record saying to never intend to add to the game. So, until and unless they change their mind on that...

    Which means the only possible change people can make at this time is switch from magica to stamina build and vica versea. Which is at least something, if not what most people dissatisfied with their choices are hoping for...
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change possibility must be given for free for every Mehden :D
    No joke
    I am Russian!
    PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 780+, Lich'Er (mag Sorc, Altmer), Licherr (stam NB, Cat), Alt F'Four (mag NB, Sax), Licher'Tank (stam DK, Viking), Licher'Heal (mag Templar, Lizard), Mehden (stam Mehden, Cannibal), Licher (crafter).
    YouTube: All ESO disguises - 2014 | Addon: Advanced Autoloot | Buff Breton race
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the need for this change-class-token really. All what you need right now is 5 characters lvl50 [Arround 50-100h] and you can cover the whole Class Gameplays with some respecs.

    quote="SydneyGrey;c-5379395"]I'd like a class change token just because I made my first character, my master crafter, a sorceror, and I've discovered that I don't really like playing sorcerors. I can't delete her, though, because she's my master crafter and knows a billion motifs. I'd love to make her a dragon knight or warden so I can have fun playing her again.[/quote]

    Don't have a main. Just focus on different class/characters from time to time/ patch to patches. Many of us made mistakes when creating the 1st character, so there's no shame at keeping it as an honourable crafter.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for class change token
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for class change token too. Urgh, I wish so muchhh.

    I mean, I'd rather spend time playing with my already leveled up character and advance in the storyline and quests than waste hours redoing what I've already done.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    +1 for class change token too. Urgh, I wish so muchhh.

    I mean, I'd rather spend time playing with my already leveled up character and advance in the storyline and quests than waste hours redoing what I've already done.

    Yeah, that's what a main/first character is made for. I made the emperor title and like 80% of the game's quests with her. But at some point, if you want to explore new Classes, don't modify the DNA of your main character with costly items... Just start a new character from another Class and have fun (you don't need to redo all quests with the 2nd, that would not make sense... there are much faster way to lvl up, like 1 random normal a day + pvp/bgs + killing some dreughs. Soloing, i'd say 15-24 hours to reach lvl max, that is 1 or 2 weeks if you play 1-2h every evenings)


  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what's the point of rolling a new character if I'm not even gonna do the storylines ???

    Also, even with add-ons, skyshards hunting, mages guild's books finding and fighters' guild lvling takes time. How "fast" that time is is very subjective.
    Edited by Itacira on August 18, 2018 3:23PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    But what's the point of rolling a new character if I'm not even gonna do the storylines ???

    Well, depends on what we are talking about here. If you solely play for storylines, then I am not sure i get your point of changing Class (+isn't that a total heresy from RP point of view??)

    As a matter of fact, I really enjoyed to make some new character for a specific storyline/area (usually i kept the final title obtained on those characters rather than a more advanced pvp/pve title I obtained eventually later on).

    And yeah, If you want a full opti character with every single guild maxed out, you gonna raise those number of hours from 20 to 60-200h ahah :p Still, I guarantee that if you are high CP enough, you can have as many decent new characters as you want. Keep in mind your new character will start with all CPs - nicest way to test them all!
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since I have most things optimized on my main character, yeah, I'd rather be eable to make use of them ? I don't see how that's unreasonnable ? I mean if I'm gonna make another character and play it for real, I'd sure like to be able to go all the way. Also "20h" of re-levelling up sure as hell is not a short time ?! x) ) That's, like, more than two work days of playing ! When I play a game I want to be doing the opposite of work.

    As for RP : it depends on the original roleplay idea ? And the fluidity of the people involved ? I myself merely wanted to play a 2H orc with a pet. I went with sorc as a default because warden was not avaliable. If I could, I'd respec as a warden. I'd still fit my original concept. Simple as that.
    Edited by Itacira on August 18, 2018 3:45PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Well since I have most things optimized on my main character, yeah, I'd rather be eable to make use of them ? I don't see how that's unreasonnable ? I mean if I'm gonna make another character and play it for real, I'd sure like to be able to go all the way. Also "20h" of re-levelling up sure as hell is not a short time ?! x) ) That's, like, more than two work days of playing ! When I play a game I want to be doing the opposite of work.

    Yeah, Makes sense!

    I still think people can relatively easy i. do questing with some new character from a new class and ii. if they are end-game orientated, they surely would have the 5 classes lvl50 already (because at 4000+ hours on a game you stop counting ahah) But ok, I won't deny you the pleasure to change class on your main so lets go for this class-change token!
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    My personal opinion (for what it's worth)... Don't really care either way if they put it in or not...I went ahead and just made all the classes and leveled them up... It was actually fast, easy and fun...I personally don't have a problem with just that aspect of rerolling..I think they make it very easy and enjoyable to do... And it is easy enough to get the skill points you need as well... Where there is a problem is having to get all the waypoints again, to have to re level all the mage guild stuff, psjic order is a pia and not enjoyable to redo, fighters and undaunted aren't too bad... But that depends on what you like to do I suppose... Having to level riding on every character takes forever and is ridiculous... So... Personally I would rather them just fix those things and make them less of a tedium to do when you make a new character.. But I can see why people would want to class change rather than dealing with repeating and wasting tons of time on aspects of the game that are tedious and not enjoyable in the least to keep repeating.
    Edited by ck37090 on August 18, 2018 10:03PM
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    @ck37090 yeah I pretty much agree with everything you said.

    Maybe having more guild-lines/XP that could be account-wide levelled-up will definitely encourage every players to start playing new characters from every classes and chose what they prefer, instead of having to buy tokens or re-rolling and spending hours on repetitive things... But, very subjectively it is also those repetitive things that make us enjoy the game. For example, I enjoy to log on every new chars and go to the stable master making my daily upgrade (still after 2 years I need some)

    On one hand more account-wide stuff would allow to introduce harder/longer content - because people won't complain they have to redo it 15 times to be 100% light-hearted, they only will do it once then it's done. Which, in a funny way, is also the precise reason it cannot happen: it is not really compatible with a MMORPG I guess to have things designed to be done only once.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another +1 for class change token.

    Maybe @ZOS_RobGarrett would be a good person to send our collective pleas for this incredibly popular change (and lucrative for ZOS obviously...)

    There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be implemented. Sure there are naysayers out there, but it's a simple case of if you don't want it, don't buy it.

  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Another +1 for class change token.

    Don't get me wrong, I just think it's not a must have and tried to help you guys see why, but I would have absolutely nothing against the idea ZOS develop and sell those class-change thingy.

    Having made my first character an imperial magicka DK roleplaying empress that retired and now plays with a great sword katana of pelinal - I am in general open to more options in the future to make ANY choices reversible ahah
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This will NEVER happen... ZOS makes too much money from new characters and the things they need. Plus, it would be a nightmare to deal with how to handle class skill leveling. Clearly a player who has leveled one class would not be entitled to have all their new class skills leveled for free... and players would whine and complain about having to re-level all their class skills again.

    Believe me, I've leveled close to 50 characters to level 50, it's not that difficult to do.
    Started ESO: May 2015 - Left Sept 2018 - Returned: Feb 2021
    PC-NA AD
    Champion Points: 1066
    ESO+
    Blackwood

    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They give us 8 character slots for a reason. Also if this were something that was going to happen you can bet Bethesda marketing would already be making money on it.
    <Skål> [PC/NA]- An End Game Content Guild for Everyone
    Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

    Show Me Your Dunmer
  • xCryBxbyx
    xCryBxbyx
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This will NEVER happen... ZOS makes too much money from new characters and the things they need. Plus, it would be a nightmare to deal with how to handle class skill leveling. Clearly a player who has leveled one class would not be entitled to have all their new class skills leveled for free... and players would whine and complain about having to re-level all their class skills again.

    Believe me, I've leveled close to 50 characters to level 50, it's not that difficult to do.

    Yes its easy to level characters and thats a good point, but a lot of players (i assume) have a character that they will have completed tons of Zones and fully leveled skill lines (not including class skill lines obviously) and not many of us want to redo the same quests or just spam dungeons/dolmens to level up. Its such a boring way of playing. I myself have made multiple characters and the grind to 50 is one of the most boring things I've had to do. There are still different classes i would want to try out but i just feel the grind is so unnecessary and feels like a chore and a class change token would be so helpful for players who want to experience a different class. I do think it should have some sort of limit however for example you can get one every 6 months or something so people cant just change their class to the "flavour" of the month. I've seen other people say don't be lazy just level a new character but i think people are missing the point of how much time a lot of us have spent into one character. We would literally be PAYING for this so i don't see what the issue would be. If i can pay to change my name or change my appearance i want to be able to PAY to change my class.
    Who-You-Fightin High Elf - Magden
    Steals-Many-Skooma Argonian - Magplar
    Eldeya High Elf - Magsorc
    Azishima Khajiit - Stamblade
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    They should release class change, but only if you switch to magden
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should release class change, but only if you switch to magden

    I would
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • xCryBxbyx
    xCryBxbyx

    They should release class change, but only if you switch to magden

    i already have a magden lmao
    Who-You-Fightin High Elf - Magden
    Steals-Many-Skooma Argonian - Magplar
    Eldeya High Elf - Magsorc
    Azishima Khajiit - Stamblade
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    xCryBxbyx wrote: »
    They should release class change, but only if you switch to magden

    i already have a magden lmao

    Damn well I feel for you :smile:
  • xCryBxbyx
    xCryBxbyx
    I only made my magden because I dont play alot of pvp and since my morrowind I payed extra for came with a grey version of the warden bear but I enjoyed the play style so I maxed out alot of my skills. my first ever was a magsorc, I just am so bored of their class skills and i wanna try somin like a magblade but I really dont want to do the grind to 50 and also replay quests ive done, i also had a magplar for healing but i just gave up because the grind felt so un worth it, unlike other players I'm not the type who wants like multiple different fully leveled characters because I enjoy questing and doing new dlc quests / leveling skill lines. I. can . not. stand. grinding . additionally because ive done so many things on one character to have to essentially throw all that away if I want to play a different class is so irritating !
    Who-You-Fightin High Elf - Magden
    Steals-Many-Skooma Argonian - Magplar
    Eldeya High Elf - Magsorc
    Azishima Khajiit - Stamblade
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tansyuduri I feel sorry for you bro, you have just summoned exodia or some kind of insane forbidden monster by asking for that.

    Brace yourself, the pitch fork angry mob is coming for you
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fifteen. Character. Slots.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

    Earn it.

    IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could change classes. I work 50 hours a week and don't have the time to level a new toon, especially my main who like the OP is maced at crafting, almost all the motifs, achievements, hell even bloody max mount.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Nayawin14
    Nayawin14
    ✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I wish I could change classes. I work 50 hours a week [...]

    Then you don't need a class-change token...

    What you need are holidays :p:p:p
    @tansyuduri I feel sorry for you bro, you have just summoned exodia or some kind of insane forbidden monster by asking for that.

    Maya Hellkite: Where 's the monster?! I like monsters!! Especially the insane, forbidden ones! WHERE IS IT?!?!

  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    The one big issue that a lot of mmo's do is that they dont have shared progress for the account. But they still want people to play with several different characters. And they never seem to understand why this is an issue for players.

    As for me, i rolled a templar becuase i wanted to play as a healer primarily. Despite the fact that it doesnt really fit with my more close-to-nature argonian character. If Warden was aviable at launch of the game i would easily have chosen it. But now im "stuck" as a templar, because all my progress is made on her. If i start another char i have to start over and progressing on the more difficult achievemnt from scratch.
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
Sign In or Register to comment.