The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What does +0 (etc.) mean in chat?

mattlayton1986
mattlayton1986
Soul Shriven
Fairly new to ESO (started playing for the first time in July) and I'm confused about some abbreviations I've seen used often in zone or guild chats. They typically look like this:
nCR +0

From doing a Google search, I was able to gather that this relates to Trials runs, but couldn't find a good detailed description about what the actual notations mean. Can anyone explain
  • what nCR means? Is that just a standard indication of a trial run (at first I thought this referenced a specific Trial Dungeon, but I literally see it on EVERY run invite people post)?
  • what is the +0, +1, +2, etc for?
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normal mode CloudRest run. +0 stands for no further challenge (i.e. hardmode, speedrun, no death)

The more challenges the group masters, the better the loot. nCR +0 is the very basic normal difficulty run... I actually do these once in a while. ;)
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the Asylum Sanctorium (AS) and Cloudrest (CR) trials, you can fight the bosses in any order. Fighting the main boss, usually right in front as soon as you enter, without killing any of the side bosses makes the fight +2, for AS, or +3, for CR.

In AS, +2 means fighting Saints Llothis, Felms and Olms in the same fight. In CR, +3 means fighting Relequen, Siroria and Galenwe with Z'Maja, without their gryphons physically, but with the gryphon mechanics. These can also be +1 (Just Llothis or Felms with Olms for AS, Siroria, Relequen or Galenwe with Z'Maja for CR) and +2 (Any of these combinations: Relequen and Siroria, Relequen and Galenwe, Siroria and Galenwe with Z'Maja for CR). In the veteran versions of these trials, the skins drop in AS+2 and CR+3.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's 4 bosses in Cloudrest - one main boss and 3 minibosses. You can kill them separately (+0) or you can leave them alive (at least one) and go straight to the main boss (that means +1, +2, +3). So when you start fighting the main boss, any minibosses that are still alive will join the fight.
    The difference is the difficulty and rewards (for example, you can get guaranteed jewelry with certain combination.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 23, 2018 12:14PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • mattlayton1986
    mattlayton1986
    Soul Shriven
    So to make sure I understand:
    • In nCR, n stands for normal mode; h would stand for hard mode, and v would indicate veteran mode
    • CR would be the name of the specific dungeon (this confused me because literally everyone I've seen asking for trials runs asks for CR, even in Auridon and Grahtwood, not just in Summerset)
    • the number notation (+#) specifies how many mini-bosses you have to fight at the same time as the main boss; +0 means you fight all mini-bosses as you go and the main boss by itself at the end; +1 means you kill all mini-bosses except one, thus having to fight it with the main boss; etc.

Correct me if I misunderstood. Also some follow-up questions:
    @Elsterchen said:
    +0 stands for no further challenge (i.e. hardmode, speedrun, no death)
    How do these challenges ( hardmode, speedrun, no death) relate to the number of mini-bosses that are fought alongside the main boss?

@Froil and @LadyNalcarya both mentioned reward drops. Are there any websites or other resources that list all the possible reward drops you can get based on the +level you play for all trials?
    Edited by mattlayton1986 on August 22, 2018 6:52PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard mode is +2 for AS and +3 for CR on the veteran difficulty. Other trials and dungeons have an item you can interact with (like burning an item, reading a book, etc.) to activate hard mode. Usually, speed run and no death attempts for trials relate to doing it on veteran, but there's usually another achievement for doing hard mode, no death and speed run in the same run of a dungeon or trial.

As for rewards, again, usually when completing a trial on the veteran difficulty you'll get it. Some require to beat hard mode (+2 and +3 for AS and CR). These rewards are more recently skins and titles. You also get gold jewellery when beating veteran mode and I think are given two for completing hard mode.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    [*] In nCR, n stands for normal mode; h would stand for hard mode, and v would indicate veteran mode
    Close, most people will say "hm" after the trial for hardmode (not a preceding 'h'). So, you'd see nCR, vCR , vCR hm

... however, CloudRest (CR) and Asylum Sanctorum (AS) are different. As others have explained, in these trials "hard mode" IS bringing in mini-bosses to the main boss fight, so in this case you'd see +0/+1... instead of "hm".

For other trials hard mode is an activated mode which makes the last boss more difficult. In this case you still run the standard veteran mode, but before the last boss you activate hard mode.
    [*] CR would be the name of the specific dungeon (this confused me because literally everyone I've seen asking for trials runs asks for CR, even in Auridon and Grahtwood, not just in Summerset)
    Yes, this is because cloudrest is the newest trial and has the gear that most people want.
    How do these challenges ( hardmode, speedrun, no death) relate to the number of mini-bosses that are fought alongside the main boss?
    The speedrun and no-death achievements are tied to any veteran mode, regardless of hard-mode. There is a special achievement in the new trials for the combination of all 3, but that is extremely difficult. Note that you won't find people posting specifically for no death or speedruns. This is something that will just happen if you get lucky, but would most likely happen with a group you've been playing with for a while.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    normal mode CloudRest run. +0 stands for no further challenge (i.e. hardmode, speedrun, no death)

The more challenges the group masters, the better the loot. nCR +0 is the very basic normal difficulty run... I actually do these once in a while. ;)

errr...NO ! +0 does not stand for that. It stands for the exact number of additional minibosses your group decides to kill during the endboss fight. That is Zmaja, the 4th and main end boss in Cloud Rest

so +0 means killing all 3 minibosses separately before engaging the end boss

+1 means means killing 2 minibosses of choice separately and then engaging the end boss which automatically summons the remaining 1 unkilled miniboss into the fight

+2 means means killing 1 miniboss of choice separately and then engaging the end boss which automatically summons the remaining 2 unkilled minibosses into the fight

+3 means means engaging the end boss straight away which automatically summons the remaining 3 unkilled minibosses into the fight

This +X mechanic can be done in normal mode as well as veteran
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on August 23, 2018 1:07PM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

errr...NO ! +0 does not stand for that. It stands for the exact number of additional minibosses your group decides to kill during the endboss fight. That is Zmaja, the 4th and main end boss in Cloud Rest

so +0 means killing all 3 minibosses separately before engaging the end boss

+1 means means killing 2 minibosses of choice separately and then engaging the end boss which automatically summons the remaining 1 unkilled minibos into the fight

+2 means means killing 1 minibos of choice separately and then engaging the end boss which automatically summons the remaining 2 unkilled minibosses into the fight

+3 means means engaging the end boss straight away which automatically summons the remaining 3 unkilled minibosses into the fight

This +X mechanic can be done in normal mode as well as veteran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +0 should be the number of bosses you bring into final battle, beside final boss ofc.
    It is easiest mode in 2 mini trials we have atm, and when grinding for basic gear it is common for ppl to go for nTrial+0.