The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Skirts Pretty Please!

Aelthwyn
Aelthwyn
✭✭✭✭
I know it's been asked a thousand times, but I'm here to ask for it again. I'm tired of the deadric skirt, I want to combine other skirts with heavy cuirasses for my battle mages. It was so nice you gave us Jerkins, but it'd be equally nice if you'd give us skirts!! I was hoping that at least they might add that with the Outfits, but alas still no.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I know it's been asked a thousand times, but I'm here to ask for it again. I'm tired of the deadric skirt, I want to combine other skirts with heavy cuirasses for my battle mages. It was so nice you gave us Jerkins, but it'd be equally nice if you'd give us skirts!! I was hoping that at least they might add that with the Outfits, but alas still no.

Sapiarch has some skirts, check the other weights than only light. So has Fang Lair and There are some others.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Sapiarch has some skirts, check the other weights than only light. So has Fang Lair and There are some others.

Thanks for the suggestions, I know there are a couple of other skirts, but what I'd really like is the ability to mix and match ALL the robe bottoms just like we get with all the robe tops (jerkins).
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions, I know there are a couple of other skirts, but what I'd really like is the ability to mix and match ALL the robe bottoms just like we get with all the robe tops (jerkins).

That would be awesome! :-)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, this is a good suggestion ...
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that will create more diversity in the game I am completely in support of.

You wouldn't want to try and stifle diversity, would you ZOS?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're unlikely to get changes to existing styles, as that would annoy people who are using them, and don't want it to suddenly change to your style. They've done that in the past, and it wasn't well-received.

I'm hopeful that the increasing number of styles where the legs are a skirt will mean we eventually get enough to choose between. The best would be to have the choice of leg style when you make them, but that means a UI change for the crafting stations.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun style has skirts
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Sapiarch light legs is also a “skirt”.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashlander is a skirt in all weights.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary Heavy legs is a Skirt
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont really get the suggestion. What do you want to combine? You want "robe" for heavy and medium amor? I mean with the outfit system you can use light amor (which should be more skirty, because I mean what sense does make a metal skirt) in any combination you want
    PC-EU @lientier
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want simpler clothing items to be used in outfits, like the looted clothing you can find in baskets.

Two of my chars are magicka based, so I want to create light simple outfits without flaps and bulky armguards or shoulders.

Some of the outfits used by NPCs (townsfolk and nobles) would be nice as well

Many great costumes were released with the wild crates which we don't see anymore. I hope those to return!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I dont really get the suggestion. What do you want to combine? You want "robe" for heavy and medium amor? I mean with the outfit system you can use light amor (which should be more skirty, because I mean what sense does make a metal skirt) in any combination you want

no no, I'm not asking for metal skirts.

Previously, people asked for light tops that didn't have skirts attached, so they basically duplicated all the light robes and then deleted the skirt section from those meshes and now you can choose to craft any light robe as a jerkin instead by selecting that option in the crafting UI. What I'd like to see them do is basically the same thing - duplicate the robes, cut the top part off this time, and then add a skirt option next to the leggings option in the crafting UI. This would allow you to create an Altmer Jerkin and Ancient elf Skirt and wear them together like a robe but with different motifs for top and bottom - the point is it still looks like a robe. This would also allow you to wear a Jack or Cuirass with any of the robe bottoms currently in the game.

For example, one of my characters would love to wear a Glass Cuirass with the skirt portion of the Trinimac robes, sure there are a couple of other options currently, but they're not her ideal outfit combination.