The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Traitor's Vault nerfed already for console?

alyhoult
alyhoult
Ive been farming quite a lot and have no luck of getting purple Alinor plans. Also I get much less blue plans so it got me thinking if they have already nerfed it since the patch is already live on PC to balance it out or something. Is anyone else feeling their "yield" has decreased?
  • Sassparella501
    Sassparella501
    ✭✭✭
    While I know that RNG is RNG, I think you may be right. In fact I've been getting no purple plans at all, where I was getting 2-3 a day before with only a few runs on 3 characters between questing. The only purples I get now are useless crafting motifs and I’m getting heaps more of those. I guess it's fair enough, as the PC has already been nerfed and it would be kind of unfair if we got an extra two weeks, and to be honest that was a ridiculous amount of wardrobes lol. But I was after a particular plan and it doesn't look like I stand a chance now, at least in the vault. Hopefully, if this is the case, the nerf is only in the vault and not generally in game for those going through Summerset as it would be a shame for all sources of the recipes to be such a low chance.
    Edited by Sassparella501 on August 19, 2018 11:19AM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how exactly did they nerf it ? pc wise i mean --- are the wardrobes still there and dont give you anything good or are they just not lootable anymore?
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    the nerf is actually a direct nerf for the wardrobes themselves, means that alot of them are open and only 5-8 are lootable
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »
    the nerf is actually a direct nerf for the wardrobes themselves, means that alot of them are open and only 5-8 are lootable

It was a fun place to farm. Now it's miserable, I never go there anymore. It's that big a nerf.
  • alyhoult
    alyhoult
    Thanks for your answers. It's a shame that it got nerfed, I was also looking for particular purple plans but never got them. Thankfully I know people that can craft them free of charge or for a little amount of money. Is there any other place that is rich on lootable objects?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alyhoult wrote: »
    Thanks for your answers. It's a shame that it got nerfed, I was also looking for particular purple plans but never got them. Thankfully I know people that can craft them free of charge or for a little amount of money. Is there any other place that is rich on lootable objects?

I've noticed each dlc brings a new place. It's so frequent it can't be an accident, I'm going to assume, there's somewhere that does, but no one will say

A conspiracy I tells ya
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I know that RNG is RNG, I think you may be right. In fact I've been getting no purple plans at all, where I was getting 2-3 a day before with only a few runs on 3 characters between questing. The only purples I get now are useless crafting motifs and I’m getting heaps more of those. I guess it's fair enough, as the PC has already been nerfed and it would be kind of unfair if we got an extra two weeks, and to be honest that was a ridiculous amount of wardrobes lol. But I was after a particular plan and it doesn't look like I stand a chance now, at least in the vault. Hopefully, if this is the case, the nerf is only in the vault and not generally in game for those going through Summerset as it would be a shame for all sources of the recipes to be such a low chance.

But PC got an extra two weeks, as SS launched 2 weeks early on PC w/early access. And, as others have said, the nerf is in the number of wardrobes that are lootable.

I do think, though, that there's already been a nerf to the drop rate, though RNG is RNG. I didn't start farming the Vault until about a week or 2 into SS on XB, when the daily sent me there, and I got a purple SS plan my first time there. Next day, I only did a handful of runs and got several SS blues and another SS purple plan. Haven't gotten another purple SS plan since, though. Granted, I haven't been farming as much, but when I'd do half a dozen runs or so and not get ANY SS plans (even green ones) and one time getting no less than 6 white plans, my enthusiasm for farming that place diminished greatly. I've hardly farmed much since then, and when I have, the only SS plans I've gotten have been blue. I've given lots of gold to other players who have been lucky to score purple SS plans, though, which is a shame, as it would have been nice to have been lucky to score a few more. I guess, though, that others have a lot more time to farm that place than I do. I tried farming this last weekend, but after not much luck (I did get a normal purple plan once, I think), I just went on to other things.

It's too bad, really, as I don't think I really was able to get in on much of the farming when plans seemed to drop more frequently. I just didn't have much time to play, and when I did, I wanted to get the Psijic and main quest lines done, to get the jewelry, and you know, do dailies, and other quests. It just became a lot to also farm this dungeon. And, when I did try, I didn't get much. I guess I should have tried more, dedicating more of my limited play time to that activity, but it just wasn't that much fun to open a bunch of wardrobes and get nothing good, over and over again. Doing that in MW really burned me out on the mindless farming of containers.