Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I Used To Be An Adventurer Like You, Then I Took An Arrow In the Knee.

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
We have all had a time to enjoy TESO over the last few days and I'm wondering if anyone has any good stories they would like to share.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    We have all had a time to enjoy TESO over the last few days and I'm wondering if anyone has any good stories they would like to share.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU

I came back from fighting the Dreughs at Vivecs Antlers and the Nord there tells me that Im a hero and that I could be a Thane of Whiterun...Whiterun will take anyone.

Best jab/nod to Skyrim ever.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    There's an Argonian (found only the house not the NPC sadly) in Ebonheart called "Drinks-with-Crabs." Love the little easter eggs like that. XD
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I saw a mudcrab the other day. Delicious creatures!"

It was either an Argonian or Khajiit that said that to me... pity I can't remember which or where. It was very much a reference to the most common NPC conversation in Oblivion. I giggled. :)

Edited by BlackSparrow on April 3, 2014 5:00PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS need to make it so that whenever you hit a guard/mercenary sort of character with a bow to the knee they say "I used to be a young adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee."
    Edited by Inversus on April 3, 2014 5:12PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    the most amusing thing I've run across thus far (and there have been many) was my last encounter with M'aiq in PTS.

"M'aiq asked a Nord woman what she searched for. 'Wuuthrad' she replied. So M'aiq gave her his kerchief."
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who else has found the crazy cat lady in Ebonheart?
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    the most amusing thing I've run across thus far (and there have been many) was my last encounter with M'aiq in PTS.

"M'aiq asked a Nord woman what she searched for. 'Wuuthrad' she replied. So M'aiq gave her his kerchief."

For those interested I cover M'aiq in another thread:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66442/m-aiq-in-the-elder-scrolls-online

Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of crazy cat ladies. We call them Khajiit. :D

Actually, that reminds me of this one Khajiit in Mistral (Dominion starter island). She's shouting about the extremely dangerous creature she has caged up near the marketplace, warning passersby of the bloodthirsty beast. Inside the cage is an average, run-of-mill dog, just sitting there panting obliviously.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on April 3, 2014 5:47PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of crazy cat ladies. We call them Khajiit. :D

Actually, that reminds me of this one Khajiit in Mistral (Dominion starter island). She's shouting about the extremely dangerous creature she has caged up near the marketplace, warning passersby of the bloodthirsty beast. Inside the cage is an average, run-of-mill dog, just sitting there panting obliviously.

Hilarious.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Ri'Dariit seen the creature. It should not suffer anymore. I give coin to whoever can take the menace out of its misery.
    Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 4, 2014 12:04PM
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    The lusty argonian maid song killed me!

A male/female duet, beginning with the male and alternating stanzas.

Crantius Colto is my name
    My lusty Argonian maid
    I've something here for you to clean
    Come burnish now my blade!

I'm Lifts-Her-Tail the maid, it's true
    A lusty Argonian maid
    But your task is just too much, good sir,
    I've never seen such a long blade!

Tut-tut, my dear, that's not what I hear,
    My lusty Argonian maid
    And Lady Colto's gone to Kvatch
    No need for you to be afraid