The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Is There No Jewelry Crafting Station in The Hollow City (Coldharbour)?

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
4385kii9orcz.png

By my count, ZOS has made nine patches and updates to TESO since the release of Summerset & Update 18. Just how much time, attention, and effort would be necessary to correct the original oversight of omitting a Jewelry Crafting Station from The Hollow City? There are crafting stations for each of the other six crafts, and Crafting Writ boards for Equipment and for Consumables. The one for Equipment includes a Jewelry Crafting Writ. But there is no Jewelry Crafting Station at which the writ can be completed. :(

To each player who has sought to find a Jewelry Crafting Station in The Hollow City (Coldharbour) and has not found one, please Agree with these comments. If by some happenstance you have found one that I have somehow overlooked, then please reply and identify the building or other place where it is located.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The city was removed from Nirn before they invented Jewelry. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer is they forgot about it.

I went looking for it about a week ago and gave up assuming I just wasn't looking in the right spot. Since then I've had at least one friend do the same thing. By this point, you'd think ZOS would plop one in there, but not only had they forgotten to put it in originally, but also haven't had the 2.5 minutes of free time to put it in there in any patch since then. I'm convinced they still aren't aware that one isn't there. It's just not on their radar.

I suppose it's entirely possible that the lack of jewel station is intentional but it would be odd that it's the only place in the game not to have one.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    The city was removed from Nirn before they invented Jewelry. :smile:
    No, Angie Stower (the Coldharbour Vault banker) is wearing the same headband jewelry that she wears in the Daggerfall Bank. :smiley:

• SnowLeopard1
    Please put a jewelry crafting station in the Hollow City!

Thanks.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I posted more than once on this when summerset itself came out. I never got an official response from them.

@Alassirana
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it was tried to get them to move the dye station out of Ebonheart so that low level EP would not have to go half way across Stonefalls. Apparently, these crafting stations are really heavy. :wink:
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #ColdharborSurvivorsWantToJewleryCraftToo#
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Feleran
    Feleran
    +1
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the city is in the oblivion realm :P you dont need JC station in oblivion :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or as an alternative, make loading screens at maximum of 3 sec, because of this ignored bug we get 2 additional loadings screen to and from the open world with caft(set)-tables.
    Your choice :D

BTW. ignoring us is an option too, but certainly the worse option to choose.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollow City is the home of my main crafter. He's very sad that there's no Jewelry crafting there. Please send a crafting table our way.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by KanedaSyndrome on February 27, 2019 8:18PM
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Bastijer
    Bastijer
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with OP. Why not jewelry station in The Hollw City / Coldharbour? :'(
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KanedaSyndrome, et alia. For what it may be worth:

When it became available, I bought the Cold Harbour Surreal Estate homestead with 1,000,000 Gold Pieces. I have no idea whether it is still available for purchase, although it could not be bought furnished or bought with Crowns at that time. *

Initially, the only crafting station with which I furnished it was a campfire that is a Provisioning Station. Afterward, for convenience, I added an Alchemy Station, an Enchanting Station, and a Dye Station. But my characters did not fulfill daily Alchemy, Enchanting, or Provisioning Crafting Writs with them. They used the stations in The Hollow City instead.

However, after Jewelry Crafting was introduced (without a Jewelry Station in The Hollow City), eventually, I also bought
    a Blacksmithing Station, a Clothing Station, a Woodworking Station, and a Jewelry Station, respectively, from Rollis Hlaalu and Faustina Curio (from whom I had bought the others, with vouchers obtained by completing Sealed Master Crafting Writs).

Now my characters obtain the daily Crafting Writs from the two Notices boards in The Hollow City. Then they move to the portal which transfers them to the homestead. After they use the stations to make the items required by the writs, they use the portal to return to The Hollow City, and deliver the materials to the Quartermaster's depot there.

Using the portal takes some time, of course. However, since all of the stations are near one another, my characters spend only a second or two moving from one to another while they complete the respective writs. All things considered, with respect to obtaining the writs and delivering the crafted goods, there is hardly any difference with respect to the total amount of time that would be required if a Jewelry Crafting Station was available in The Hollow City, so that all of them could be completed there.

But this response to the situation is, of course, expensive -- in the time and effort required to earn the Gold Pieces and/or to earn the vouchers by completing Sealed Master Crafting Writs.

The ZOS marketing department has chosen the tactic of limiting the time that new "high-end" Homesteads will be available for purchase after ZOS releases a new DLC or Chapter -- as an incentive for players to buy and to spend yet more Crowns immediately after purchasing the additional software. Think of it what you will, that is a statement of fact. (In my humble opinion, the tactic is offensive, disrespectful, manipulative, and discriminatory. It might make ZOS more money in the short term, but it doesn't make them any friends.)

• KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire

Thanks for your post.
    Personally it's not about time use, it's about my character loving Hollow City, it's always been my main crafters home and I enjoy staying where other players are :)
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • tinydog
    tinydog
    ✭✭✭
    Necro thread I know, but the oversight remains: 2 years after the addition of Jewelry Crafting, there remains NO jewelry crafting station in Hollow City. There are like half a dozen enchanting stations all clustered together, but zero jewelry stations.
    ZOS seems to operate in a "forward-only" mode. Oversights are made, bugs exist, but they seem completely oblivious to everything except the next expansion, the next DLC, the next paycheck. 6 years after the game came out, the Guild Bank is still a major pain to use because of the random mega-lag that happens when you deposit or withdraw items. It's bloody shameful. Yet, ZOS cares not.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming in Greymoor/Update 26
    The residents of Hollow City have tired of going elsewhere for their Jewelry Crafting needs and have installed a station behind the Exceptional Enchants building.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 27, 2020 9:11PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank-you for bringing this to my attention!
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Coming in Greymoor/Update 26
    The residents of Hollow City have tired of going elsewhere for their Jewelry Crafting needs and have installed a station behind the Exceptional Enchants building.
    :smiley:
    "Behind" the Exceptional Enchants Building? It should be inside, in the empty location shown in the screenshot included with the OP. Since I do not have the PTS software installed -- I stopped using it a long time ago -- I do not know whether "behind" should be "inside". But we shall see when Update 26 is released, of course.

When I was a youth, my father used to ask me: "If you do not do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?"

Enough said.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 28, 2020 3:15AM

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why the notes say that it is behind Exceptional Enchants. It is actually at the back of Exceptional Enchants.

5qlubqnk41oz.png