The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Keep Gates HP

NobleX35
NobleX35
✭✭✭✭
Since the update Cyrodiil keep gates have had substantially more hit points than before the update. I havent been able to locate a dev response to tis matter, so was this an intended effect? The total hp values were doubled because the outer doors have 225k hp and the inner doors have 375k hp, for an effective value of 600k total hp up from 300k effective hp (at level 0). I would assume this is a bug because the lumbermills do not updrade or degrade the gates in any capacity and these increases were not list in the patch notes anywhere. Pre-update both the inner and outer had 150k at level 0 and 225k at level 5. The updated indicated that the values were not supposed to change, and were only going to be spread out over 2 levels instead of 5 levels. So is this an intended change, or is it a bug?

Hopefully its a bug, because these new hp levels are destroying the flow of the map on shor-pc. Shor typically consists of small groups and these changes are making it almost impossible to get anything accomplished because these small groups cant get through the doors (or walls) fast enough or even at all. Pre-patch you could in most cases at least get the doors open before the enemy showed up and start clearing some of the npcs before they got organized and engaged.
Edited by NobleX35 on August 21, 2018 1:41PM
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main gates are now way to strong, full guilds with max sieges and all resources taken and it still takes an age. Slowing down the pace too much IMO, although I wonder do others prefer this change and if so why?
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »
    The main gates are now way to strong, full guilds with max sieges and all resources taken and it still takes an age. Slowing down the pace too much IMO, although I wonder do others prefer this change and if so why?

Ya and taking the lumbermill does nothing because those hp values are flat values. It takes way too long, and is very noticeable on the lower populated servers.
  • Wizunas
    Wizunas
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's bad. Can't just take a keep in 1 minute. It allows some time for people to get there and defend.... Otherwise, when you notice a keep is flagged then the gate is already at 50%... and by the time people get there the enemy is already on flags or the keep is flipped. Maybe not the best idea for really low pop servers, it wouldn't make sense to hit the door for 3 hours. B)
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking to some friends in guilds and from our own experience running in small-group it limits our ability to affect the map beyond resources and outpost takes. Even in organized groups of 12-16 raiding it takes ages to bust through gates - that said, I think that it's a good step in a positive direction to debilitate the PvDoor meta and improve the ability of defenders to respond.

Clearly, there is a happy middle ground that we can reach so that defenders are empowered and have a little more response time so that keep fights are actually contested fights, but so that smaller groups can still make moves on a map beyond just flagging and wiping to numbers/siege.

Edit: I wanted to point out that it has been nice when I've been in a small group and someone says, "oh, X or Y keep is borked - no point in blood porting because double digit siege for the last 3 minutes on CyrHUD," and you get to remind them that we have plenty of time to get there and put up a good fight.
    Edited by Adenoma on August 21, 2018 5:03PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Talking to some friends in guilds and from our own experience running in small-group it limits our ability to affect the map beyond resources and outpost takes. Even in organized groups of 12-16 raiding it takes ages to bust through gates - that said, I think that it's a good step in a positive direction to debilitate the PvDoor meta and improve the ability of defenders to respond.

Clearly, there is a happy middle ground that we can reach so that defenders are empowered and have a little more response time so that keep fights are actually contested fights, but so that smaller groups can still make moves on a map beyond just flagging and wiping to numbers/siege.

Edit: I wanted to point out that it has been nice when I've been in a small group and someone says, "oh, X or Y keep is borked - no point in blood porting because double digit siege for the last 3 minutes on CyrHUD," and you get to remind them that we have plenty of time to get there and put up a good fight.

Considering that keeps are supposed to level much faster and only have 2 levels to obtain vs the original 5, I would argue that the old values would still hold up to what most people want. The effective hp levels for the gates would be 450k (225k for each door) and the walls would be 610k (305k per wall). With the enhanced guards that were implemented with Summerset, taking max level keeps definitely made it more difficult for small man groups to flip keeps quickly, and I think a max level keep during the summerset patch provided the appropriate level of difficulty.

Also considering that keep degredation has been reimplemented, groups are more incentivized to wrap keeps before attempting to siege. This also helps provide an early warning system for potential defenders. I would argue that the new system would work perfectly with the old hp values as groups can attempt to flip a max level keep quickly, or wrap the resources to make it easier but risk letting the enemy know your plans.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs to be a middle ground, keeps needed a bit of a buff so the outlying keeps couldn't be pvdoor'd, but they need to still have low enough hp that they can be flagged quickly to spread play out around the map.