The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark brotherhoood

NAPrice
NAPrice
✭✭
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me; for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear!

Traveling through Grahtwood, I encountered a strange voice calling forth. Right after discovering the Vineshade Lodge (due southeast of Elden Root and Root Sunder Ruins), a woman's voice called out. She was calling for Padomay, which is another name for Sithis, to bring his daedric minions to the realm of nirn. She called this out multiple times as i scoured the area. As the voice seemed to get louder (it was likely just louder in my head), she changed the line she used 3 times, and said something else. That was when i was a bit closer to the Sunder root Ruins. However, after about 5-10 minutes of searching, her call outs dismissed and i was left alone, wandering aimlessly in circles with just the faint echo of her voice in my head; hoping, that somewhere, my prayers would be answered and the mark of the white hand would show itself to me...

Am I the only one to encounter such an event? I told my guild of this through Ventrillo and they laughed at me, saying that a developer was probably making fun of me, throwing me in a loop. Honestly... that would be a cruel trick, Mr. Dev! :disagree:
Edited by NAPrice on March 31, 2014 9:13PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Brotherhood is in the game, there are several NPCs, events, clues and notes.

"We Know" :D
    Edited by SirAndy on March 31, 2014 9:15PM
  • NAPrice
    NAPrice
    ✭✭
    So I missed the NPC event because I couldn't find her? :scream: Is there anyway to have these proxy or even 'lure' them to you? I mean.. I've tired slaughtering the King but important NPC's can't be killed :neutral_face:
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    So, are Dark Brotherhood launched in game already? Or is it a teaser throughout dialogue? Say, for a future update?
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • NoGrip
    NoGrip
    Soul Shriven
    Omg if I come across this same event, I'm going to go nuts trying to figure out where it's coming from too. Right now though, I'm keeping my expectations low with Enteum's Theory of it just being a teaser for a future update.
    "Loyalty, Honesty, Bravery and Friendship above all else!"
  • NAPrice
    NAPrice
    ✭✭
    Just an update; I heard this dialogue again while venturing with my guildy, and he also heard it. We scoured the area and came up with nothing. This was at the first town in Greenshade.
  • mooncalf26
    I've had a similar experience in Grahtwood! I had a counter on my character screen for 1 hour where the buffs are shown. Not sure what it was for but since it started I keep hearing a voice telling me I'm not worthy to be with "us" and I need to serve to prove my worth and sometimes telling me I'm going to die???? The counter has since finished and I still get a voice talking shady things to me :/
  • NAPrice
    NAPrice
    ✭✭
    mooncalf26 wrote: »
    I've had a similar experience in Grahtwood! I had a counter on my character screen for 1 hour where the buffs are shown. Not sure what it was for but since it started I keep hearing a voice telling me I'm not worthy to be with "us" and I need to serve to prove my worth and sometimes telling me I'm going to die???? The counter has since finished and I still get a voice talking shady things to me :/

Honestly... that makes me jealous. I wish someone would whisper cruel-nothings into my ear like that :disappointed:
  • mooncalf26
    It's kinda creepy to be honest. It started happening when I was exploring the East, North-East side of Grahtwood and hasn't stopped yet. I don't know if it's Dark Brotherhood related or not but I choose to kill NPCs whenever I can during my missions.
  • NAPrice
    NAPrice
    ✭✭
    crap... I've saved them all :angry:
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard from the dev's dark brotherhood & thieves guild are slated for the first content update. Did that change?
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    Talmet wrote: »
    Last I heard from the dev's dark brotherhood & thieves guild are slated for the first content update. Did that change?

Nope still planned for first months content patch, along with first adv. zone and trial (raid).

Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i stated above, there are already quite a few NPCs, notes and clues in the game.
    For example, there is one female NPC that will aid you during a quest in Deshaan who is an assassin from the DB.

But at the moment, they're neither joinable nor do they have any quests yet. That is in the works.
    :)
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Like that Slim-Jah or whatever her name is that kills the other female argonian council member in Grahtwood then yells "Hail Sithis!" and then vanishes.
    Edited by poochie on April 2, 2014 6:00PM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Night Mother (wife to Sithis, & the spirit who leads the Dark Brotherhood) supposedly lived in 2nd Era, around the same time historically the two guilds split off from each other.... so there's a chance we might actually MEET her in the flesh
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Please! For the love of Sithis, give us craftable Dark Brotherhood armours! PLEEEASE!
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    I kept hearing that voice, but could never figure out where it was coming from!
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • Korva
    Korva
    I think that voice was from the quest item that drove the one guy nuts. I stopped hearing the voices after completing the first longer chain in the zone (I am not interested of the lore so i have no names. I just breeze through the content)

The chain had something to do with choosing a new queen of the elves or something. Big machine, huge fat boss dude and stuff like that
    Edited by Korva on April 3, 2014 8:02PM
  • NAPrice
    NAPrice
    ✭✭
    Korva wrote: »
    I think that voice was from the quest item that drove the one guy nuts. I stopped hearing the voices after completing the first longer chain in the zone (I am not interested of the lore so i have no names. I just breeze through the content)

The chain had something to do with choosing a new queen of the elves or something. Big machine, huge fat boss dude and stuff like that

'Fit to Rule' was the quest of which you are talking about. Come to think of it, I do believe that I HAD that quest for the entire time of which I heard the woman talking about Padomay... hmm. Definitely a good point made!
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    Korva wrote: »

I know the quest you are talking about. The one with the cursed amulet. That's a totally different voice.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • Korva
    Korva
    I heard voices about not being worthy and when i killed something "i was getting there" or something along those lines
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Ri'Dariit follows Sithis and the Night Mother. Perhaps the brotherhood is not open for new recruits. They might be existing but we cannot help their cause just...yet.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I fellow only one single mother and that would be Lamae Bal... still if the dark brotherhood is willing to pay me why not make a daily pleasure into a profession?
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun