The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Helping returning Player with Build

Bluegru
Bluegru
Hey guys,

After about a year offline I've decided to get back to my favourite MMORPG,
And as always after such long time and many updates, I'm asking myselfe if my Gear is still viable and what other Sets would be usefull now,
So I thought I could ask you guys if you could tell me something:

I'm playing a Stamina NIghtblade build for PvP:
5x Hundings Rage
5x Spriggans Thorn
1x Kra'gh
1x Veilreth
All Impen and Sharpend

Dont get me wrong, I'm not asking for an in depth Build Guide which I could look up on the internet,
I'd like to get some general information on how viable my gear is and in what direction I could steer while getting back to the game,
I'm looking forward to check all Sets and Builds and try out stuff,

Thanks in advance
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s still viable. It not BIS or anything near, but it’s viable.

I’d drop Kra’gh for 1 domi and sub Hundings for Shacklebreaker/Bone Pirate and run Nirn/Infused weapons for a quick change that could get you closer to where you need to be.

That’s still not BiS but it’s a whole lot better than what you’re running.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 20, 2018 9:41PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first of all lose the BIS.....stupid word means jack all...same as "meta". Now, for pvp I reckon Gilliam had some good ones or best bet just you tube, there are heaps out there!! Good luck! ;)
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Good to hear,

Bone pirate sounds interresting with a lot of sustain,
    but how come shacklebreaker is better than hundings? The only magica ability I use is shadowy disguise which I can activate 4 times in a row before running out of magica, so I thougjt I wouldnt really need anything with mag (ecpecially spelldamage).

I'll check out gilliams guides,
    I only remember kevduit from back then (which is where I got my first build)

And with the BIS, I dont really need to know the currently best items. Just what has changed in general (like I heared they buffed dmg which lead to people using more amor) for me to know what direction my build should go.

Additional question: DW vs 2H?
    Got both at 50, was used to DW but I see a lot of builds with 2H.
    Edited by Bluegru on August 21, 2018 10:22AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bluegru pve or pvp?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Bluegru wrote: »
    I'm playing a Stamina NIghtblade build for PvP

Mostly solo/small group
    Edited by Bluegru on August 21, 2018 7:59AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing a Stamina NIghtblade build for PvP

Mostly solo/small group

@Bluegru LOL my bad completely missed that part, yeah sustain is basically necessary to build for now, 2k is the standard, since it was butchered Morrowind. I tend to get by fine running Shackle & Dubious, some also run Bone Pirate.

2K crit resist is also the norm, this can either be achieved by running impen on most pieces & CP, or running sets such as Impreg.

Also Shadow Image has been reworked to not require a target, so you can pop it down, run into combat then have an 'oh crap' button to get out if needed.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 21, 2018 8:10AM
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Thanks for the info,
    now I got some values to orientate myselfe, will see what mine are when I get home,
    since I have all my gear in impen I'll go with the gear/cp way to get the resist
    Shadow image sounds nice, will check that out

I'll most likely swap my hundings for bone pirate and see how it plays (will miss the crit)
    Spriggans still seems nice and I got all parts the way I wanted so I might keep it for now

Will check out some of the other 2pc sets, havent really looked into it
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info,
    now I got some values to orientate myselfe, will see what mine are when I get home,
    since I have all my gear in impen I'll go with the gear/cp way to get the resist
    Shadow image sounds nice, will check that out

I'll most likely swap my hundings for bone pirate and see how it plays (will miss the crit)
    Spriggans still seems nice and I got all parts the way I wanted so I might keep it for now

Will check out some of the other 2pc sets, havent really looked into it

I personally run 5pc shackle, 5pc spriggans, 2pc troll king
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    I'm still a bit confused as to why shackle > BonePirate,
    as I dont use magica so the difference between those 2 sets is 129 Weapon dmg VS 2k max stam and 150 recovery
    Is tht damage bonus really woth it?
    And does the 2pc bonus from trollking also apply on myselfe? Or just other players?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a bit confused as to why shackle > BonePirate,
    as I dont use magica so the difference between those 2 sets is 129 Weapon dmg VS 2k max stam and 150 recovery
    Is tht damage bonus really woth it?
    And does the 2pc bonus from trollking also apply on myselfe? Or just other players?

Shackle is good as most run either cloak or shade. Also mirage for dodge chance. Also shackle is crafted so you can go heavy or medium.

Yes TK applies on yourself, just pop vigor on cooldown & TK will activate when you hit 50%.
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Now TK sounds like a great option, given that vigor adds a HoT which should also trigger TK,

I only use shadowy disguise, and that only to get closer without being seen, or to get away and I never had any problems with that.
    So I'd prefer BP since I can go heavy with TK

• Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker is better than Hunding's because of the changes to light attack scaling. Basically, max resources matter more than spell or weapon damage now. Also, in pvp the extra crit from Hunding's won't be as useful because most people stack impen, so Shacklebreaker comes out on top even without factoring in the bonuses to max mag, spell damage, and mag recovery.
  • Bluegru
    Bluegru
    Another question:
    I had vampire on my char and noticed some problems with the health regen and fire dmg debuff so I got rid of the vampire state.
    Now I really feel the missing stam regen.
    Should I get back to be vamp or will bone pirate give me enough regen to avoid another bite?
    I see a lot of ww builds, but mostly because of the passive if you slot the ulti. Would that be a good option?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question:
    I had vampire on my char and noticed some problems with the health regen and fire dmg debuff so I got rid of the vampire state.
    Now I really feel the missing stam regen.
    Should I get back to be vamp or will bone pirate give me enough regen to avoid another bite?
    I see a lot of ww builds, but mostly because of the passive if you slot the ulti. Would that be a good option?

The current 'meta' is fire damage so I'd probably avoid that, warewolves are meh due to the increased poison damage also (snipe spammers are extra effective), bone pirate should give you enough regen, if not run dubious, if not run recovery mundus or a glyph.