Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Staff disappears & Spells go wrong

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
Hi Guys

My playing platform is PS4

Since completing Summerset and changing some of my spells for new ones, I've been experiencing escalating problems. although these things only seem to happen when my sorc joins forces with others, to fight the common foe in PVE. It started with his staff disappearing when the battle starts hotting up Although my character was gesticulating as with his staff, there is no staff.

Then it started to get worse, not only does his staff disappear , (leaving him defenseless) but also, when he sends his 'Unstable Familiar' in to do battle for him, he is only able to channel magicka to him and not able to defend himself or friends from oncoming foe?!

Please help, I've been playing for four years on this platform. But the problem I'm having at is spoiling the game for me. So if it can't be put right, there won't be any point trying to play it any longer.
Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on August 21, 2018 11:58AM
High Elf, NecroVamp
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to your computer not being able to handle the load of the graphics of the game anymore, especially if your graphics are set low.

I don't have this problem, but I do sometimes see certain effects cut out when things on screen get busy due to graphics load being too high for my settings especially because I have my "max particle count/systems" set to about 1000.

You need to raise your graphics settings to fix this, if you can, or upgrade your computer.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Mystrius_Archaion

Thanx for your reply,

Sorry, my bad, I forgot top add my platform. That being PS4, which constantly updates itself and (as far as I know) I have no control over this.

High Elf, NecroVamp
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    What bugs ya baby

...Come on ZOS this question is really aimed at you...

It isn't like you don't know what's happening. Because the first time it happened you stepped in and asked me if I wanted to report the problem and also add a vid. So I did, but it has happened many times since then and you have been conspicuous by your absence. Every week that you interrupt my game playing agenda, with maintenance, I think to myself will this be the time they fix my angst. But of course it never is and I'm beginning to think it never will.

After 4 years of being a loyal player you rewarded me with a picture of a cake. Then tried to make a big deal of it. The better deal (for everyone) for each year of loyal service, would be an in game gift. Such as another mount, or a complete suit of Armour, relevant to our character of choice. Or even '...and here's something a bit out there, a bit radical' what about making it your mission to fix our in game bugs?! Now that would be a thing worth getting.

UPDATE

Well, as of the last maintenance (this week) my staff hasn't got lost or even disappeared...Hooray!

But although now it is showing itself in all its former glory, something truly shocking is happening. Yes, It makes a cool pointer, but that doesn't really help much. Especially when in the heat of a battle and the boss is baring down on you, you can only point your staff at it. Because that's all you can do with it..Boo!

It has recently been brought to my attention that some people actually play these game for escapism from normal life and as a form of relaxation...Ha Ha!

Not wishing to be melodramatic, but for some people, this could be fast becoming a prelude to suicide. I personally feel that the day is on the horizon when I'm going to be laughed out of ESO. Already, invites to join groups is on the wain!

Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on August 31, 2018 1:18PM
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to come back to me on this one?
    Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on August 31, 2018 5:12PM
    High Elf, NecroVamp